Page 3 of 3

Re: BearShare Lite vs LimeWire

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 6:55 am
by abou105
P2P_G wrote:not so many fakes


what are you basing this on, these clients both search the same network, so please stop making these points without anything to back them up!

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 7:10 am
by multivariable
Must say that I dont like either of 'em. These days I'm one of those sad bastards that uses multi-network clients. Say what you like about Shareaza, but I find it OK. I don't use it for torrents, µTorrent is definitely the go, but it performs okay for me as a gnutella client, plus there's G2 (carefully neglecting to mention its ed2K support). I also use KCeasy. I get good speeds on the gnutella network using it and there's Ares as well (which now connects properly with 0.17).

btw LaX what did u mean by:

Limewire cannot be completely 'dead' like WinMX


Are you saying that WinMX is dead, or are you saying that, like Limewire, WinMX is not dead?

MX is indeed alive and well, plenty of users and still decent (although not incredible) speeds.

Re: BearShare Lite vs LimeWire

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 7:12 am
by P2P_G
abou105 wrote:
P2P_G wrote:not so many fakes


what are you basing this on, these clients both search the same network, so please stop making these points without anything to back them up!


Yea sure, BS searches a other part of gnutella, wtf try it self then say what you want :wink:

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 7:49 am
by LaX
multivariable wrote:btw LaX what did u mean by:

Limewire cannot be completely 'dead' like WinMX


Are you saying that WinMX is dead, or are you saying that, like Limewire, WinMX is not dead?

MX is indeed alive and well, plenty of users and still decent (although not incredible) speeds.

I meant development wise, WinMX is dead.

@p2p g, I dont think they search different parts of the network, only a different search algorithm

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:30 am
by P2P_G
LaX wrote:
multivariable wrote:btw LaX what did u mean by:

Limewire cannot be completely 'dead' like WinMX


Are you saying that WinMX is dead, or are you saying that, like Limewire, WinMX is not dead?

MX is indeed alive and well, plenty of users and still decent (although not incredible) speeds.

I meant development wise, WinMX is dead.

@p2p g, I dont think they search different parts of the network, only a different search algorithm

I don't know but try a search 4 em!nem then se the diffrence, much more fakes on limewire, like Free Ipod - em!nem 50cent new....mp3 :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:31 am
by P2P_G
LaX wrote:
multivariable wrote:btw LaX what did u mean by:

Limewire cannot be completely 'dead' like WinMX


Are you saying that WinMX is dead, or are you saying that, like Limewire, WinMX is not dead?

MX is indeed alive and well, plenty of users and still decent (although not incredible) speeds.

I meant development wise, WinMX is dead.

@p2p g, I dont think they search different parts of the network, only a different search algorithm

I don't know but try a search 4 em!nem then se the diffrence, much more fakes on limewire, like Free Ipod - em!nem 50cent new....mp3 :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:19 pm
by zoidberg
I am thinking about switching from Limewire to Bearshare. Is the only difference between the lite and normal version no ads?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:23 pm
by P2P_G
zoidberg wrote:I am thinking about switching from Limewire to Bearshare. Is the only difference between the lite and normal version no ads?



BearShare Lite is a lot better! Download it from here: http://www.filehippo.com/download_bearshare_lite/

and there only! :D

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:30 pm
by Fartingbob
Theres no reason why you would go for bearshare over bearshare lite.
Yet another thread revived from the grave.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:51 pm
by zoidberg
P2P_G wrote:
zoidberg wrote:I am thinking about switching from Limewire to Bearshare. Is the only difference between the lite and normal version no ads?



BearShare Lite is a lot better! Download it from here: http://www.filehippo.com/download_bearshare_lite/

and there only! :D


This might be a stupid question but since the bearshare lite on the bearshare is 5.2.4 wouldn't that be better than 5.2.2 from filehippo? Just wondering why you say I should get it from filehippo instead lol.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:55 pm
by P2P_G
zoidberg wrote:
P2P_G wrote:
zoidberg wrote:I am thinking about switching from Limewire to Bearshare. Is the only difference between the lite and normal version no ads?



BearShare Lite is a lot better! Download it from here: http://www.filehippo.com/download_bearshare_lite/

and there only! :D


This might be a stupid question but since the bearshare lite on the bearshare is 5.2.4 wouldn't that be better than 5.2.2 from filehippo? Just wondering why you say I should get it from filehippo instead lol.


Cuz they have some wierd shit on the new versions! Use filehippo is you want a program that works! :D

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:05 pm
by zoidberg
Just installed bearshare lite 5.2.2. So far so good!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:15 pm
by P2P_G
zoidberg wrote:Just installed bearshare lite 5.2.2. So far so good!


Good to hear! :D What do you like more Limewire or bearshare? :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:56 pm
by zoidberg
P2P_G wrote:
zoidberg wrote:Just installed bearshare lite 5.2.2. So far so good!


Good to hear! :D What do you like more Limewire or bearshare? :lol:


I really like the speeds in bearshare and hows theres less fake files. Is their a way how I can get music to go to a certain folder automatically so they would be seperated from videos like in limewire?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:41 pm
by P2P_G
zoidberg wrote:
P2P_G wrote:
zoidberg wrote:Just installed bearshare lite 5.2.2. So far so good!


Good to hear! :D What do you like more Limewire or bearshare? :lol:


I really like the speeds in bearshare and hows theres less fake files. Is their a way how I can get music to go to a certain folder automatically so they would be seperated from videos like in limewire?


Yes, check out settings, should be there :) Haha dissi'n LimeWire is awsome :) I told ya that BearShare Lite/Pro is a lot better :) BearShare Pro is better than BearShare Lite because you can only connect to 13 people with the Lite version but with The Pro version, you can connect to unlimited users and if you have 10Mbit internet(or something fast), The pro version is better for you, Lite is enough for me cuz i only have 1Mbit :wink: You can find BearShare Pro on BearShare Lite or Limewire, just search for BearShare Pro, the file should be atleast 3Mb, if it is under 1mb, its 99% that it it virus, fake or spam. Before you unzip Bearshare pro, scan it with your Anti-virus program :) When you download the Pro version it should be a BearShare.exe, and 2 or 1 other files that you have to put in the bearshare folder(usually in C:\Programs\BearShare) Press Yes to replace BearShare.exe when you put the files in the BearShare folder then run it as usuall(From the desktop), if you did eveything right you sould be runing a cracked version of BearShare Pro and connect to unlimited connections and download so fast! And don't forget to share! :wink:


Enjoy! :D

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:49 pm
by Anonymous
bearshare= Imesh's bitch

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:51 pm
by P2P_G
LinkS wrote:bearshare= Imesh's bitch


Haha lol, BearShare is perfect gnutella client for mp3's! :wink: Don't diss my bitch :lol: If BearShare is a bitch then LimeWire is a whore :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:01 pm
by zoidberg
P2P_G wrote:
zoidberg wrote:
P2P_G wrote:
zoidberg wrote:Just installed bearshare lite 5.2.2. So far so good!


Good to hear! :D What do you like more Limewire or bearshare? :lol:


I really like the speeds in bearshare and hows theres less fake files. Is their a way how I can get music to go to a certain folder automatically so they would be seperated from videos like in limewire?


Yes, check out settings, should be there :) Haha dissi'n LimeWire is awsome :) I told ya that BearShare Lite/Pro is a lot better :) BearShare Pro is better than BearShare Lite because you can only connect to 13 people with the Lite version but with The Pro version, you can connect to unlimited users and if you have 10Mbit internet(or something fast), The pro version is better for you, Lite is enough for me cuz i only have 1Mbit :wink: You can find BearShare Pro on BearShare Lite or Limewire, just search for BearShare Pro, the file should be atleast 3Mb, if it is under 1mb, its 99% that it it virus, fake or spam. Before you unzip Bearshare pro, scan it with your Anti-virus program :) When you download the Pro version it should be a BearShare.exe, and 2 or 1 other files that you have to put in the bearshare folder(usually in C:\Programs\BearShare) Press Yes to replace BearShare.exe when you put the files in the BearShare folder then run it as usuall(From the desktop), if you did eveything right you sould be runing a cracked version of BearShare Pro and connect to unlimited connections and download so fast! And don't forget to share! :wink:


Enjoy! :D


I couldn't find the settings you were talking about. It only allows me to select a certain folder where EVERYTHING goes. I am gonna see if I can do it bearshare pro.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:08 pm
by P2P_G
zoidberg wrote:
P2P_G wrote:
zoidberg wrote:
P2P_G wrote:
zoidberg wrote:Just installed bearshare lite 5.2.2. So far so good!


Good to hear! :D What do you like more Limewire or bearshare? :lol:


I really like the speeds in bearshare and hows theres less fake files. Is their a way how I can get music to go to a certain folder automatically so they would be seperated from videos like in limewire?


Yes, check out settings, should be there :) Haha dissi'n LimeWire is awsome :) I told ya that BearShare Lite/Pro is a lot better :) BearShare Pro is better than BearShare Lite because you can only connect to 13 people with the Lite version but with The Pro version, you can connect to unlimited users and if you have 10Mbit internet(or something fast), The pro version is better for you, Lite is enough for me cuz i only have 1Mbit :wink: You can find BearShare Pro on BearShare Lite or Limewire, just search for BearShare Pro, the file should be atleast 3Mb, if it is under 1mb, its 99% that it it virus, fake or spam. Before you unzip Bearshare pro, scan it with your Anti-virus program :) When you download the Pro version it should be a BearShare.exe, and 2 or 1 other files that you have to put in the bearshare folder(usually in C:\Programs\BearShare) Press Yes to replace BearShare.exe when you put the files in the BearShare folder then run it as usuall(From the desktop), if you did eveything right you sould be runing a cracked version of BearShare Pro and connect to unlimited connections and download so fast! And don't forget to share! :wink:


Enjoy! :D


I couldn't find the settings you were talking about. It only allows me to select a certain folder where EVERYTHING goes. I am gonna see if I can do it bearshare pro.


Ohh :( if it don't works with the lite version i think that i won't work with the pro version either :( you just have to live with it :cry:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:18 pm
by Sacky
The reason there are so many fakes in Limewire is because it got busted by the MPAA and RIAA and now have to display those annoying napster ads
To fix this get FrostWire, its LimeWire without the corporate infiltration
Frostwire is bascially the source of limewire that most developers are now working on, because Limewire has become somewhat compromised by the copyright cops
and yes Frostwire beats BearShare any day

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:25 pm
by P2P_G
Sacky wrote:The reason there are so many fakes in Limewire is because it got busted by the MPAA and RIAA and now have to display those annoying napster ads
To fix this get FrostWire, its LimeWire without the corporate infiltration
Frostwire is bascially the source of limewire that most developers are now working on, because Limewire has become somewhat compromised by the copyright cops
and yes Frostwire beats BearShare any day


haha, java beat BearShare Lite/Pro, no waaaaaaaaaaay, have you tryed BearShare Pro?! this person who tryed it liked it a lot more than limewire, but if limewire/frostwire works better for you, use it then :wink: