Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

BearShare Lite vs LimeWire

Discussion of the Gnutella network and the Gnutella clients such as Gnucleus, XoloX, Shareaza, LimeWire and BearShare
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Re: BearShare Lite vs LimeWire

Postby abou105 » Wed May 31, 2006 6:55 am

P2P_G wrote:not so many fakes

what are you basing this on, these clients both search the same network, so please stop making these points without anything to back them up!
Information is so valuable in todays society, its understandable people want to lock it up, but the internet is about freedom of information, lets not take that away.
abou105

Postby multivariable » Wed May 31, 2006 7:10 am

Must say that I dont like either of 'em. These days I'm one of those sad bastards that uses multi-network clients. Say what you like about Shareaza, but I find it OK. I don't use it for torrents, µTorrent is definitely the go, but it performs okay for me as a gnutella client, plus there's G2 (carefully neglecting to mention its ed2K support). I also use KCeasy. I get good speeds on the gnutella network using it and there's Ares as well (which now connects properly with 0.17).

btw LaX what did u mean by:

Limewire cannot be completely 'dead' like WinMX

Are you saying that WinMX is dead, or are you saying that, like Limewire, WinMX is not dead?

MX is indeed alive and well, plenty of users and still decent (although not incredible) speeds.
multivariable

Re: BearShare Lite vs LimeWire

Postby P2P_G » Wed May 31, 2006 7:12 am

abou105 wrote:
P2P_G wrote:not so many fakes

what are you basing this on, these clients both search the same network, so please stop making these points without anything to back them up!

Yea sure, BS searches a other part of gnutella, wtf try it self then say what you want :wink:
Piracy Will Never Die.
P2P_G

Postby LaX » Wed May 31, 2006 7:49 am

multivariable wrote:btw LaX what did u mean by:

Are you saying that WinMX is dead, or are you saying that, like Limewire, WinMX is not dead?

MX is indeed alive and well, plenty of users and still decent (although not incredible) speeds.

I meant development wise, WinMX is dead.

@p2p g, I dont think they search different parts of the network, only a different search algorithm
LaX

Postby P2P_G » Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:30 am

LaX wrote:

@p2p g, I dont think they search different parts of the network, only a different search algorithm

I don't know but try a search 4 em!nem then se the diffrence, much more fakes on limewire, like Free Ipod - em!nem 50cent new....mp3 :wink:
Piracy Will Never Die.
P2P_G

Postby P2P_G » Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:31 am

LaX wrote:

I don't know but try a search 4 em!nem then se the diffrence, much more fakes on limewire, like Free Ipod - em!nem 50cent new....mp3 :wink:
Piracy Will Never Die.
P2P_G

Postby zoidberg » Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:19 pm

I am thinking about switching from Limewire to Bearshare. Is the only difference between the lite and normal version no ads?
zoidberg

Postby P2P_G » Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:23 pm

zoidberg wrote:I am thinking about switching from Limewire to Bearshare. Is the only difference between the lite and normal version no ads?

BearShare Lite is a lot better! Download it from here: http://www.filehippo.com/download_bearshare_lite/

and there only! :D
Piracy Will Never Die.
P2P_G

Postby Fartingbob » Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:30 pm

Theres no reason why you would go for bearshare over bearshare lite.
Yet another thread revived from the grave.
Fartingbob
P2P Trafficker

Postby zoidberg » Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:51 pm

P2P_G wrote:
zoidberg wrote:I am thinking about switching from Limewire to Bearshare. Is the only difference between the lite and normal version no ads?

BearShare Lite is a lot better! Download it from here: http://www.filehippo.com/download_bearshare_lite/

This might be a stupid question but since the bearshare lite on the bearshare is 5.2.4 wouldn't that be better than 5.2.2 from filehippo? Just wondering why you say I should get it from filehippo instead lol.
zoidberg

Postby P2P_G » Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:55 pm

zoidberg wrote:
P2P_G wrote:

This might be a stupid question but since the bearshare lite on the bearshare is 5.2.4 wouldn't that be better than 5.2.2 from filehippo? Just wondering why you say I should get it from filehippo instead lol.

Cuz they have some wierd shit on the new versions! Use filehippo is you want a program that works! :D
Piracy Will Never Die.
P2P_G

Postby zoidberg » Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:05 pm

Just installed bearshare lite 5.2.2. So far so good!
zoidberg

Postby P2P_G » Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:15 pm

zoidberg wrote:Just installed bearshare lite 5.2.2. So far so good!

Good to hear! :D What do you like more Limewire or bearshare? :lol:
Piracy Will Never Die.
P2P_G

Postby zoidberg » Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:56 pm

P2P_G wrote:

I really like the speeds in bearshare and hows theres less fake files. Is their a way how I can get music to go to a certain folder automatically so they would be seperated from videos like in limewire?
zoidberg

Postby P2P_G » Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:41 pm

zoidberg wrote:
P2P_G wrote:

I really like the speeds in bearshare and hows theres less fake files. Is their a way how I can get music to go to a certain folder automatically so they would be seperated from videos like in limewire?

Yes, check out settings, should be there :) Haha dissi'n LimeWire is awsome :) I told ya that BearShare Lite/Pro is a lot better :) BearShare Pro is better than BearShare Lite because you can only connect to 13 people with the Lite version but with The Pro version, you can connect to unlimited users and if you have 10Mbit internet(or something fast), The pro version is better for you, Lite is enough for me cuz i only have 1Mbit :wink: You can find BearShare Pro on BearShare Lite or Limewire, just search for BearShare Pro, the file should be atleast 3Mb, if it is under 1mb, its 99% that it it virus, fake or spam. Before you unzip Bearshare pro, scan it with your Anti-virus program :) When you download the Pro version it should be a BearShare.exe, and 2 or 1 other files that you have to put in the bearshare folder(usually in C:\Programs\BearShare) Press Yes to replace BearShare.exe when you put the files in the BearShare folder then run it as usuall(From the desktop), if you did eveything right you sould be runing a cracked version of BearShare Pro and connect to unlimited connections and download so fast! And don't forget to share! :wink:

Enjoy! :D
Piracy Will Never Die.
P2P_G

Postby Anonymous » Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:49 pm

bearshare= Imesh's bitch
Anonymous

Postby P2P_G » Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:51 pm

LinkS wrote:bearshare= Imesh's bitch

Haha lol, BearShare is perfect gnutella client for mp3's! :wink: Don't diss my bitch :lol: If BearShare is a bitch then LimeWire is a whore :wink:
Piracy Will Never Die.
P2P_G

Postby zoidberg » Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:01 pm

P2P_G wrote:
zoidberg wrote:
P2P_G wrote:

Yes, check out settings, should be there :) Haha dissi'n LimeWire is awsome :) I told ya that BearShare Lite/Pro is a lot better :) BearShare Pro is better than BearShare Lite because you can only connect to 13 people with the Lite version but with The Pro version, you can connect to unlimited users and if you have 10Mbit internet(or something fast), The pro version is better for you, Lite is enough for me cuz i only have 1Mbit :wink: You can find BearShare Pro on BearShare Lite or Limewire, just search for BearShare Pro, the file should be atleast 3Mb, if it is under 1mb, its 99% that it it virus, fake or spam. Before you unzip Bearshare pro, scan it with your Anti-virus program :) When you download the Pro version it should be a BearShare.exe, and 2 or 1 other files that you have to put in the bearshare folder(usually in C:\Programs\BearShare) Press Yes to replace BearShare.exe when you put the files in the BearShare folder then run it as usuall(From the desktop), if you did eveything right you sould be runing a cracked version of BearShare Pro and connect to unlimited connections and download so fast! And don't forget to share! :wink:

I couldn't find the settings you were talking about. It only allows me to select a certain folder where EVERYTHING goes. I am gonna see if I can do it bearshare pro.
zoidberg

Postby P2P_G » Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:08 pm

zoidberg wrote:
P2P_G wrote:
zoidberg wrote:
P2P_G wrote:

I couldn't find the settings you were talking about. It only allows me to select a certain folder where EVERYTHING goes. I am gonna see if I can do it bearshare pro.

Ohh :( if it don't works with the lite version i think that i won't work with the pro version either :( you just have to live with it :cry:
Piracy Will Never Die.
P2P_G

Postby Sacky » Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:18 pm

The reason there are so many fakes in Limewire is because it got busted by the MPAA and RIAA and now have to display those annoying napster ads
To fix this get FrostWire, its LimeWire without the corporate infiltration
Frostwire is bascially the source of limewire that most developers are now working on, because Limewire has become somewhat compromised by the copyright cops
and yes Frostwire beats BearShare any day
Sacky

Postby P2P_G » Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:25 pm

Sacky wrote:The reason there are so many fakes in Limewire is because it got busted by the MPAA and RIAA and now have to display those annoying napster ads
To fix this get FrostWire, its LimeWire without the corporate infiltration
Frostwire is bascially the source of limewire that most developers are now working on, because Limewire has become somewhat compromised by the copyright cops
and yes Frostwire beats BearShare any day

haha, java beat BearShare Lite/Pro, no waaaaaaaaaaay, have you tryed BearShare Pro?! this person who tryed it liked it a lot more than limewire, but if limewire/frostwire works better for you, use it then :wink:
Piracy Will Never Die.
P2P_G

Previous

Return to Gnutella