Kimbo Slice so much for the legend

The video lounge is now open.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Kimbo Slice so much for the legend

Postby Captain America » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:38 am

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugCSRByrtcI

:shock: :shock:

Pure muscle will never make up for pure technique.
My Machine:Intel I7 @ 2.7ghz| MSI X58 Platinum SLI Socket 1366 ATX Motherboard MS-7522| 2x Hitachi 500gig internal| Geforce gtx 260 core 216|SB X-Fi Xtreme Audio 7.1 2x| dvd lightscribe|Vista 64bit
Captain America

Re: Kimbo Slice so much for the legend

Postby MrFredPFL » Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:22 pm

i have never understood the whole MMA/UFC thing. could someone please explain to me how this is in any meaningful way different from the WWE?

if these people were truly as good as they market them, and the fights were truly no holds barred, people would die at every match.
MrFredPFL

Postby Fartingbob » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:32 pm

Funny stuff. Kimbo "Ive got a stupid name" Slice made to look rather amateurish. Needs to go back to the drawing board me thinks.
Fartingbob
P2P Trafficker

Postby Captain America » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:43 pm

@Mrfredpfl now a days the UFC is just about promotion, hype and the win. There's a very few fighters that care just about the fight (which would make it a true no holds bare match). In the old UFC days (UFC 1-5) it was truely a "tuff guy"/no holds bar anything goes (tap out or knock out) sport. Due to legal ramifications of the potential danger and no rules/regulations UFC went under major fire from the boxing and other professional sports to get regulated. When that happened, they also got major sponsors and judges. When the judges came in, they started making all kinds of rules and even putting time limits on the actual fights. It's true that it's not as hard core in the old days (when there wasn't even weight classes), but you must admit it's more brutal than straight up boxing. The fighters today all train pretty much the same way, so each fight will more or less be the same. It has actually gone down hill in the recent years, but it's still fun to watch every now and then.

@Fartingbob Kimbo Slice was suppose to be like the true old school hard core UFC fighters. No skill at all just a tuff guy that can take a punch and throw a punch. Unfortunately for those that studied/practice that will never work any more (or almost never). Kimbo would have most likely killed Shamrock, but that's because Shamrock is way out of his prime.

@mrfrepfl to lazy to fix the grammatical errors.. :mrgreen:
My Machine:Intel I7 @ 2.7ghz| MSI X58 Platinum SLI Socket 1366 ATX Motherboard MS-7522| 2x Hitachi 500gig internal| Geforce gtx 260 core 216|SB X-Fi Xtreme Audio 7.1 2x| dvd lightscribe|Vista 64bit
Captain America

Return to Video Lounge