Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Pirates of the Caribbean 3: Worlds End trailer!

The video lounge is now open.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Pirates of the Caribbean 3: Worlds End trailer!

Postby Captain America » Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:09 pm

I'm not sure how to do the youtube code on this vid, zince it's not a tube vid... I also don't think the official release for the trailer has been made yet either.

http://www.worstpreviews.com/trailer.php?id=196&item=3

But alas me harties, enjoy!
Captain America

Postby Fartingbob » Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:32 pm

It looks awesome, but then i guess anybody who liked the first or second film will agree with me there.
Fartingbob
P2P Trafficker

Postby Vampirescu » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:26 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PetrAmq9fcw[/youtube]
Yar Har Fiddle De De, Being a Pirate is Alright With Me. Do What You Want Cause a Pirate is Free! You Are a Pirate!
Vampirescu

Postby IceCube » Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:42 am

Hmm, I wasn't even impressed with the first movie myself, but that's just me.
IceCube

Postby NocturnalVagabond » Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:55 am

I thought the first two were pretty well made, and considering the overall quality of movies from the past 10 years, they made for entertaining viewing. This one looks like it will break the '3rd movie sucks' rule
(anyone remember Beverly Hills Cop 3 ?? for eg)
"I'd hate to be a teetotaler. Imagine getting up in the morning and knowing that's as good as you're going to feel all day"
- Dean Martin
NocturnalVagabond
Tin Foil Hat Salesperson

Postby bluebird » Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:23 am

I wasn't too keen on the first one, loved the second one, Johnny Depp really made the movie with his keith richards style character, interesting to see keith richards actually plays his father in this one...I will definitely watch it :)

the only thing I find disappointing though is when movies like 'Dead man's chest'end with a cliffhanger like a soap opera, I feel like I've only watched half a film
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
Douglas Adams

If you obey all the rules you miss all the fun x
bluebird
Shopping Fairy

Postby Andu » Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:29 am

Already seen the trailer several times on TV. I wonder tho why they decided to release the movie in some european countries a day before it's released in the USA. I can understand a simultaneous worldwide release as the Star Wars release but this sounds odd.
Andu

Postby Fartingbob » Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:32 am

Andu wrote:I wonder tho why they decided to release the movie in some european countries a day before it's released in the USA.

Usually sites like imdb will count it as a release date if its just 1 special showing for whatever reason. The film probably wont be available to the public in those countries until the next day or later.
Fartingbob
P2P Trafficker

Postby Vampirescu » Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:55 pm

NocturnalVagabond wrote: This one looks like it will break the '3rd movie sucks' rule

wont be the first to do so, like indiana jones, the never ending story (just watched them last night lol such great movies)
Yar Har Fiddle De De, Being a Pirate is Alright With Me. Do What You Want Cause a Pirate is Free! You Are a Pirate!
Vampirescu

Postby JolietJake » Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:37 pm

Star wars episode 3 was certainly better than the first and second.

Can't believe keith richards is in this though, is he a skeleton like from the first movie? :lol:
You can't trust freedom when it's not in your hand.
JolietJake

Postby Captain America » Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:59 pm

Lets not forget Diehard 3. Definitely better than the second Diehard.
My Machine:Intel I7 @ 2.7ghz| MSI X58 Platinum SLI Socket 1366 ATX Motherboard MS-7522| 2x Hitachi 500gig internal| Geforce gtx 260 core 216|SB X-Fi Xtreme Audio 7.1 2x| dvd lightscribe|Vista 64bit
Captain America

Postby zbeast » Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:12 pm

IceCube wrote:Hmm, I wasn't even impressed with the first movie myself, but that's just me.

You were never a Disneyland fan were you.
Some of the more suttle gags in the first movie were stolen right from the Disneyland ride, The Pirates of the Caribbean.
The Joke with the dog holding the keys was the best.
If you've never seen the ride you missing 25% of the movie.
My friends and I are so there for the 3rd movie.
We dressed all dressed up as pirates for the last movie. Were going to do it again for this one.
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.
zbeast

Postby IceCube » Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:43 pm

Hmmm, might be 25% of the problem then. Though ever since I heard that they finger-printed you upon entry, I havn't had any intentions of going there since anyway.

It was also probably not my type of movie in the first place. I liked movies like 'Final Cut' and 'Enemy of the State' (Red Eye wasn't bad either) which are probably far cry's from PotC. Though ye, I have watched the comedy movie or two that I didn't mind. Most recent was Employee of the Month which could have been a whole lot worse.

But yeah, I've dissed other movies which a lot of people enjoyed so I guess I just have different tastes in movies.
IceCube

Re: Pirates of the Caribbean 3: Worlds End trailer!

Postby HEAT84 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:22 am

katol33 wrote:I'm not sure how to do the youtube code on this vid, zince it's not a tube vid...

Not that I'll ever post vids here, but why is the code limited to YouTube?

As for the topic, well I just never got in to POTC.

Speaking of Johnny Depp. Is anyone lucky enough to be able to watch 21 Jump Street reruns on TV? Whats it been 10 years since its been on anywhere except maybe local stations? You can't even find episodes on the internet.
[Under Construction]
HEAT84
Official Slyck Conspiracy Nut

Return to Video Lounge