Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Duke Nukem - Episode 3 Completed in 5:27

The video lounge is now open.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Duke Nukem - Episode 3 Completed in 5:27

Postby IceCube » Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:31 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwMjo2qCU3g&mode=related&search=[/youtube]

This is the third episode of a classic videogame called Duke Nukem 3D. It was completed (including defeating the final boss) in less than 5 and a half minutes. I played that game a lot and wasn't aware of some of these exploits.
IceCube

Postby Psisquared » Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:40 pm

Hail to the King, baby!
The quick brown fox jumps over a lazy dog.
Psisquared

Location: Impossible to ascertain due to uncertainty principle

Postby LD50% » Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:41 pm

Fly/clipping any game can hardly be considered finishing it whatever the time maybe. Given all the cheats they had on at the time I doubt anyone would even consider the game started let alone finished. Mind you, it's probably allot safer than the usual fare administered by DN players to enhance game play.. :wink:
LD50%

Postby Fartingbob » Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:44 pm

Duke nukem 4 - The world's slowest developing game. :lol:
I played duke nukem 3D a fair bit. I cant imagine how long it must have taken to work it down to around 5 minutes. The best i could manage even after watching this video would probably be an hour or more. :?
Fartingbob
P2P Trafficker

Postby zbeast » Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:44 pm

That just Doom 2 with a different skin.
That video's totally fake.
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.
zbeast

Postby IceCube » Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:49 pm

zbeast wrote:That just Doom 2 with a different skin.
That video's totally fake.

I actually liked Duke Nukem 3D better than Doom 2. I think what sold me on this game as opposed to the other was the ability to jump.
IceCube

Postby piXelatedEmpire » Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:55 pm

Damn you'd need to spend some serious hours of gameply to find some of the 'exploits' used in that vid :shock:

Anyway, why would you want to cut out so much of the game? What's the point?
piXelatedEmpire

Postby Fartingbob » Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:04 pm

piXelatedEmpire wrote:Anyway, why would you want to cut out so much of the game? What's the point?

Its not like they havnt played this game before. To do that, you need to have played the game normally for years. By that point to keep a game fresh (especially a linear FPS game) you need to set yourself challenges. Speed running is great to keep your interest going, and makes for cool youtube clips.
I would know, ive done it with Diablo 2. I can do all quests in act 5 from blank (not using waypoints) in under 18 minutes, and skipping some of those that were unnecessary, in 9 minutes. And i wasnt the fastest out there.
Fartingbob
P2P Trafficker

Postby piXelatedEmpire » Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:13 pm

Fartingbob wrote:Its not like they havnt played this game before. To do that, you need to have played the game normally for years. By that point to keep a game fresh (especially a linear FPS game) you need to set yourself challenges. Speed running is great to keep your interest going, and makes for cool youtube clips.

Why wouldn't you just find a new game to play? :lol: I keed I keed
piXelatedEmpire

Postby KoolKat » Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:09 pm

I played this game much back in the day, modem to modem and on zone, heat, kali, and originally ten. there are so many of these "exploits" in the game its unreal. only in the duke3d version tho i believe they were fixed in atomic duke...This game has always been my favorite FPS and i still play it. Ever seen the 3d ports of the game? They look awesome.

http://jonof.edgenetwork.org/index.php?p=jfduke3d

hollywood holocaust has a bunch of glitches also.
KoolKat

Return to Video Lounge