Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

ed2k rules in the kad network

Discussion about the eDonkey program and both the eDonkey2000 network and the Overnet Network.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

ed2k rules in the kad network

Postby Beffyluv » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:16 pm

Hey I was just wondering, does anyone know here if the edonkey 2000 network rules of high I.D. and credit, apply to the Kademilia network. On a side not I finally found out how to setup emule and get a high ID, so i've been using it lately, but i think i like the kad network more, and if those rules still applied i would probably like it even more.

So thanks if any of you know.
Beffyluv

Postby qm2003 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:25 pm

If you have a highID in the server based ed2k network your settings are perfectly fine in the serverless ed2k version called KAD as well.

As far as i know only emule (windows) and maybe amule (linux) support it yet. The shareaza people are working on it.

The only downside is the heavy udp traffic that is causing many cheap routers (the ones you get for free from your isp) serious problems. A firmware upgrade sometimes helps.
How to setup Emule. A small checklist Schmu's MuleDoc
P2P is not piracy, it's marketing. In fact, if your music or movie is NOT being downloaded, you should be WORRIED !
If you can't even give it away for free, how do you expect to sell it, stupid ?
qm2003

Postby Beffyluv » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:04 pm

qm2003 wrote:If you have a highID in the server based ed2k network your settings are perfectly fine in the serverless ed2k version called KAD as well.

As far as i know only emule (windows) and maybe amule (linux) support it yet. The shareaza people are working on it.

The only downside is the heavy udp traffic that is causing many cheap routers (the ones you get for free from your isp) serious problems. A firmware upgrade sometimes helps.

Wait a second, KAD is just ed2k, but serverless instead?

I still wanted to know though, does the credit system apply to KAD to?
Beffyluv

Postby Psisquared » Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:08 am

I think KAD is a DHT layer on top of the ED2K network. Someone more knowledgeable can probably correct me if I'm wrong or add more info.
The quick brown fox jumps over a lazy dog.
Psisquared

Location: Impossible to ascertain due to uncertainty principle

Postby Andu » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:30 am

You are right. Kad is just another way to find sources. Just like the server search and source exchange are. Transfers are still done through the ed2k protocol.
Andu

Return to eDonkey2000 / Overnet