Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

What do you know? ed2k is fast!

Discussion about the eDonkey program and both the eDonkey2000 network and the Overnet Network.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Postby yaveznodo » Sun May 28, 2006 2:52 am

Didn't realise that it wasn't in English. I remember now, I had to change the language once I'd installed it (I think the originators are French, but could be wrong).

In any case, go go Lphant Lite (6.5gb downloaded yesterday) I absolutely love this app.
yaveznodo

Postby Assyrian » Sun May 28, 2006 3:41 am

IneptVagrant wrote:You need to enable, Options -> Files -> "Try to transfer full chunks to all uploads"

That's already enabled.

I've noticed that i lost my upload stats when i restarted emule, lame.
away.
Assyrian
The King

Postby IneptVagrant » Sun May 28, 2006 5:08 am

Assyrian wrote:
IneptVagrant wrote:You need to enable, Options -> Files -> "Try to transfer full chunks to all uploads"

That's already enabled.

I've noticed that i lost my upload stats when i restarted emule, lame.

Yeah I'm retarded and didn't read it right, I fail.

You had 222 upload sessions.

I never used morph b4, but took a look at the site and saw it uses ZZ's slot shapper. Neat bit of code, we meet frequently on IRC when he was first developing it.

Anyways my theroy is your cloggin your upstream and droping connections. 71MB/19 sessions ~ 3.7megs per session. Should be greater. Check how many sessions are droped, and how many complete sussecfully.

Also, I can't see if you have upload limited or not. ZZul does a good job of backing off upload automaticly by doing regular ping checks. In the normal emule, you would look at your statistics graph , the pink line for upload, and see if its level, or spiky. Level then you aren't cloggin, spiky then you're upload is set too high or another program is competing for upload bandwidth. Spiky will cause you to drop connections frequently and break dls on emule.

Overall BT does alot better job of manageing upstream so it doesn't clog out the downstream. eMules are dumb in general, you tell it to upload X it will do its best to upload it to the exclusion of all else.

--

In stats "Session" only tracks that session, and "Communlative" tracks all sessions, mabey you just didn't see it. If I remember I'll post my stats tomarrow when I'm at home. I've lost them occasionally, mabey I have last years worth or so.
IneptVagrant

Location: close the world . . . . . . . . . . . . . . txEn eht nepO

Postby P2P_G » Sun May 28, 2006 10:46 am

I trye'd Lphant Lite and it was not better or faster than eMule at all, the searches was not so good as in eMule the speed was really slow! I downloaded one file that had like 500 searches, it took 5 min to start to download it and when it started to download the speed was 0.5Kb/s :roll: I don't know why you get these fast speeds but use what is faster for you, for someone eMule is faster for someone Lphant is faster :wink:
Piracy Will Never Die.
P2P_G

Postby yaveznodo » Mon May 29, 2006 7:22 am

Agreed.

Each to their own. I've no idea why Lphant Lite is working so good for me either, but I'm happy that it is :)
yaveznodo

Postby in_hiding » Tue May 30, 2006 8:24 pm

anyone tried lphant lite on *nix (Mono? Gnu.net?)
in_hiding

Postby yaveznodo » Tue May 30, 2006 9:06 pm

I had it up and running on my Ubuntu box.. wasn't that easy to be honest. Much simpler on a windows setup.
yaveznodo

Postby in_hiding » Tue May 30, 2006 10:13 pm

what did you need in addition to get it running on ubuntu? mono? or WINE? or both? (I don't know how to get .Net apps running on *nix)
in_hiding

Postby xincun » Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:44 am

yaveznodo wrote:Didn't realise that it wasn't in English. I remember now, I had to change the language once I'd installed it (I think the originators are French, but could be wrong).

In any case, go go Lphant Lite (6.5gb downloaded yesterday) I absolutely love this app.

Hi,ya. I'm new.
Lphant have two adware.
What about "Lphant Plus"? No adware no spyware.
xincun

Postby P2P_G » Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:47 am

xincun wrote:
yaveznodo wrote:Didn't realise that it wasn't in English. I remember now, I had to change the language once I'd installed it (I think the originators are French, but could be wrong).

Hi,ya. I'm new.
Lphant have two adware.

No Lphant or Lphant Lite does not have any adware but Lpahnt Plus might have.
Piracy Will Never Die.
P2P_G

Postby xincun » Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:54 am

P2P_G wrote:
xincun wrote:

Hi,ya. I'm new.
Lphant have two adware.

No Lphant or Lphant Lite does not have any adware but Lpahnt Plus might have.

@P2P_G
Thanks.
xincun

Previous

Return to eDonkey2000 / Overnet