Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Anyone using Hydranode?

Discussion about the eDonkey program and both the eDonkey2000 network and the Overnet Network.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Anyone using Hydranode?

Postby in_hiding » Tue May 16, 2006 6:34 pm

Anyone using Hydranode to connect to ed2k? any benefits re other ed2k clients?
in_hiding

Postby yaveznodo » Tue May 16, 2006 6:57 pm

I had a quick look, nothign there that I haven't seen in Shareaza or Gift for years. At least that's my take on it.
yaveznodo

Postby in_hiding » Thu May 18, 2006 1:01 pm

thx.

yeah an 'alternative alternative' ed2k client needs to be pretty damned special for me to consider sticking with it and throwing away years worth of eMule credits.

hmmm, unless there are non-emule clients that will take over your eMule cryptket ID and so preserve your credits...
in_hiding

Hydranode

Postby AaronG85-1 » Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:52 am

hey hydranode is still a baby but its going places and needs alot of supprt instead of worrying about your credits why not come over to hydranode and actully be part of the development
AaronG85-1

Re: Hydranode

Postby in_hiding » Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:39 pm

AaronG85-1 wrote:hey hydranode is still a baby but its going places and needs alot of supprt instead of worrying about your credits why not come over to hydranode and actully be part of the development

You ask "why not?" I ask "why?" I've seen no reason to come over to Hydranode, I know of no reason, and no-one's given one... yet.

I have too many things on my plate already to dive into every p2p flash-in-the-pan that happens along *without some motivation*. And I'm certainly not a developer.
in_hiding

Postby Allied » Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:58 pm

Why support Hydranode when everythig they're doing has already been started by someone else?

@AaronG85-1, abandon hydranode and make an ED2K plugin for giFT.

And while I'm asking people to do things they'll never do. Palestine, give the Jews a break. China, let tibet go. Linus Torvalds, make an easy to use OS.
Allied's Review:
Recommended: LimeWire | Ares | Shareaza | eMule | KCeasy
Not Recommended: Morpheus | Kazaa | eDonkey2000 | Manolito | iMesh
Allied
Mostly Harmless

Location: Behind You Shoe Size: 11.008 BitTorrent: µTorrent Nationality: Canuckian Newsgroups: GrabIt

Postby Iron » Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:15 pm

Allied wrote:And while I'm asking people to do things they'll never do. Palestine, give the Jews a break. China, let tibet go. Linus Torvalds, make an easy to use OS.

You forgot "Microsoft give us your bug free software for free"
Iron

Postby Trev0r269 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:48 pm

Iron wrote:
Allied wrote:And while I'm asking people to do things they'll never do. Palestine, give the Jews a break. China, let tibet go. Linus Torvalds, make an easy to use OS.

If you can't run Ubuntu linux, then I think you should stay on windows. Microsoft also does a fine job at making money. The best way for us to stop that, is to not buy Microsoft products.
Trev0r269

Postby Iron » Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:11 pm

Trev0r269 wrote:
Iron wrote:

If you can't run Ubuntu linux, then I think you should stay on windows. Microsoft also does a fine job at making money. The best way for us to stop that, is to not buy Microsoft products.

It was a joke. I have Debian on my laptop and routers.
Iron

Return to eDonkey2000 / Overnet