Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Warning Warning Intruders

Discussion about the eDonkey program and both the eDonkey2000 network and the Overnet Network.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Warning Warning Intruders

Postby gwd » Fri May 12, 2006 1:24 pm

Had to re install the OS after several years of fine service,so I thought I would download eDonkey-Overnet and re-download all my favourite music,the trust worthy donkey had always served well so I thought why not.Unfortunately the ol donkey is now a fast moving programme of the future so fast moving in fact I couldn't keep up with closing the windows for WinFixer and half a dozen other pieces of sh*t that the donkey carried in on its back.In fact they were closing my IE window before I could type anything in warning of all sorts of disaster that was about to befall my computer.Finally I installed Prevx1 and calm has returned,have had a few infestations over the years but never as bad as this and I would never have believed it of the donkey.So where do I go from here,any suggestions you guys?
gwd

Postby yaveznodo » Fri May 12, 2006 1:30 pm

lphant lite maybe?

I tried it out, not bad, just like the old Edonkey really, and just as slow :)
yaveznodo

Postby who_me » Fri May 12, 2006 1:43 pm

ever heard of emule :roll:
ADVERTISING SPACE
FOR SALE.
who_me

Postby Allied » Fri May 12, 2006 1:48 pm

eDonkey doesn't include winFixer.
WhenU is mandatory, New.net, Search Accelerator, Party Poker and Fullcontext are optional.
Allied's Review:
Recommended: LimeWire | Ares | Shareaza | eMule | KCeasy
Not Recommended: Morpheus | Kazaa | eDonkey2000 | Manolito | iMesh
Allied
Mostly Harmless

Location: Behind You Shoe Size: 11.008 BitTorrent: µTorrent Nationality: Canuckian Newsgroups: GrabIt

Thanx

Postby gwd » Fri May 12, 2006 2:17 pm

Thanx for the quick response will give emule a try,where I got that f**k**g Winfixer from I do not know,if anyone knows if they have an office in England let me know and I will pay them a visit see how they like to be terrorized and forced into paying money for something they never asked for.

A smile is a curve that straightens alot of things out.
gwd

Return to eDonkey2000 / Overnet