Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Razorback server still connecting

Discussion about the eDonkey program and both the eDonkey2000 network and the Overnet Network.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Razorback server still connecting

Postby Overnet User » Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:10 pm

It seems that Razorback server still connecting ( 195.245.244.243 ) on my friends list it shows friends & on Peers on Edonkey2000. Also the dl seem to be good crumbs too so its not pollution that i'm getting from the Razorback server. I'm not complaining but how is it possible if the server is no more? Has onyone else witnessed this?
Why Join The Fight?
http://www.eff.org/bloggers/join/
News Without Queues: Follow OvernetUser on Twitter http://twitter.com/OvernetUser
Overnet User

Postby zim » Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:17 pm

I wouldnt use it.

It WAS siezed by the police. Now if its still there its either a replacement. Unlikely. Or being run by the police.
FINE! downloading *IS* stealing. I still don' t care. I'm still going to do it. And laugh while i do!
zim

Postby bitz » Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:02 am

Right if razorback were to be brought back, then wouldn't they want to have a different ip? and they would probably be called something like razorback 3. Also how many peers are they set to server anything less than 1 million and its probably the police or another such group running it.

I would be very careful, regardless it is not that peers should be using ed2k servers anymore. Everyone should be using kad. The only reason to use ed2k servers was razorback, unless another major server that can handle millions of peers at once is put up, it is much better to just use kad.
bitz

Postby Ratt » Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:44 am

bitz wrote:The only reason to use ed2k servers was razorback, unless another major server that can handle millions of peers at once is put up, it is much better to just use kad.

Unless you have a router or modem that can't handle the amounts of UDP traffic (like a cheap D-Link I have), in which case you're stuck with using servers for everything. I love Kad, but it is somewhat more demanding (also in terms of overhead) than the servers.

Clearly we still need the servers: if they go away, not all of those users will switch to Kad. Some are unable to use Kad, some will restrict themselves to Overnet, others will migrate to Gnutella and other networks...the way things stand, we would lose quite a bit of files and resources without the servers.
Ratt

Postby Overnet User » Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:55 pm

Thanks for the info. I deleted the server off of my server list.

The only reason to use ed2k servers was razorback, unless another major server that can handle millions of peers at once is put up, it is much better to just use kad.

Just Place all the Donkey Servers on high (Donkey Server 1, DonkeyServer 2, etc) and it should be as good as Razorback.
Why Join The Fight?
News Without Queues: Follow OvernetUser on Twitter http://twitter.com/OvernetUser
Overnet User

Postby P2P_G » Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:17 pm

Overnet User wrote:Thanks for the info. I deleted the server off of my server list.

The only reason to use ed2k servers was razorback, unless another major server that can handle millions of peers at once is put up, it is much better to just use kad.

Just Place all the Donkey Servers on high (Donkey Server 1, DonkeyServer 2, etc) and it should be as good as Razorback.

I allways have my all servers on "high" :) the downloads are faster when you have them on high i think :p
Piracy Will Never Die.
P2P_G

Postby lordpake » Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:34 pm

P2P_G wrote:I allways have my all servers on "high" :) the downloads are faster when you have them on high i think :p

Sigh..no. It will simply give a connection priority, you know telling what servers to autoconnect to first..if that was a joke, it was a lame one...
lordpake

Postby quick » Tue May 16, 2006 2:48 pm

Hi all!

I was in 1 of the forums , i dont remember whitch 1 but anyways , someone was talking about razorback stuc or stats something like that , that is on eDonkey #1 , does anyone knows what they are talking about? because i am quite new to this so i'm not sure what they mean by that.

Thanks for help
Truly quick
quick

Postby quick » Tue May 16, 2006 2:52 pm

quick wrote:Hi all!

I was in 1 of the forums , i dont remember whitch 1 but anyways , someone was talking about razorback's stuc or stats something like that , that is still on eDonkey #1 , does anyone knows what they are talking about? because i am quite new to this so i'm not sure what they mean by that.

Thanks for help
Truly quick
quick

Postby TcE » Tue May 16, 2006 2:56 pm

lol p2p_g u must be kidding if u got em all on high
TcE

Postby WildHeart » Tue May 16, 2006 3:01 pm

He made that statement in another thread some time back, if I recall correctly. It was explained to him then.
"Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for."
- Will Rogers -
WildHeart

Postby lordpake » Wed May 17, 2006 2:45 am

quick wrote:someone was talking about razorback stuc or stats something like that , that is on eDonkey #1 , does anyone knows what they are talking about?

They mean the ability of the server to produce statistics for files based on filehash. That will provide some level of insight to the popularity and availability of that file (from the point of view of that server).

Razorback was the previous server that had this capability. Not sure about the newest one. Searching/posting in http://forum.emule-project.net might prove useful
lordpake

Postby nikt » Wed May 17, 2006 2:50 am

This is replacement for razorback stats:

http://tothbenedek.hu/ed2kstats/
nikt

Postby quick » Wed May 17, 2006 6:08 am

Hi!
O ok Thanks for the info i see i know what u mean now.
If u dont mind me asking 1 more thing from the sound of it u probably will know.
Now the razorback's IP is on the black list 195.245.244.243 ext. how is that even thou i have thatIP on my black list and its blocked by PG still i see few of them beeen in my friends list when im d/l what can i do to totally block them from been on my PC, and should i stop D/L when i see them on my friends list.
Thank-you
q
quick

Postby quick » Wed May 17, 2006 5:40 pm

Hi ! Its me again, can please someone tell me how is that i turn my eDonkey on and i have 195.245.244.243 trying to u/l from me, every time.
I have that IP blocked , still , how can i fix this .
Thanks
q
quick

Postby nikt » Wed May 17, 2006 5:57 pm

If you are using PG2 and mentioned IP is on blocked list there is no possibility to connect to such IP ...
Maybe you just see IP adress of server which peer is connected to. In such case you shouldn`t worry too much and let it be. Remember : server is just indexing sources to help searching for files , you are not downloading from server or uploading to server. If you don`t connect yourself to a suspicious server there is no reason to panic. Probably the peers you see got your IP from Kad network or source exchange.
nikt

Postby quick » Wed May 17, 2006 6:46 pm

Wow! and i thought i new a lot pfhh, not even close.
Well it does gives me a pice of mind, i just wasnt sure wth was going on, to be honest i never looked on my friends list in till few days ago , so i never notice it , maybe it has been this way for long wile.
So if someone is u/l from me with that IP, is that what u just said?
Sorry for my limited understanding, english its not my first language so it takes me a little wile before it clicks in to my brain heheh.

I really appreciate so quick respond, its nice to know there are a ppl that can explain things that some of us dont know.
Truly
q
quick

Postby quick » Thu May 18, 2006 11:08 pm

Ok , Today i was getting a file , and i whant it to see if that IP would be on my friends list, well guess what! soon as I turn the PC on there hi was again , i know what u saying about catching peer and it would be ok , but that DDD is u/l ding from me, and as soon i see him , well there is few some times as soon i see them u/l ding i turn my PC off.
As u can tell i am not an expert, but its only fair to say they have been closed right? so who is under that IP?
I only connect to donkey# 1,2,3 and i rotate them as well so i dont use always the same but still.
One last thing whitch is what makes me feel quite unsure about, how is that if for exp. this IP is on my black list via PG@ and in a donkey black list it self how is that that ip is able to upload from me?
I hope someone will have a answer lol.
Thanks again for any info u would have on this.
q
quick

Postby Anonymous » Thu May 18, 2006 11:11 pm

P2P_G wrote:
Overnet User wrote:Thanks for the info. I deleted the server off of my server list.

I allways have my all servers on "high" :) the downloads are faster when you have them on high i think :p

hahahah rofl lolz
Anonymous

Postby Overnet User » Fri May 19, 2006 10:04 pm

Yeah I don't understand it either. Who is on that ip and has a server running if it is no more? I have multiple friends coming from 195.245.244.243 so it is definately a server from what I can tell.
Why Join The Fight?
Overnet User

Postby quick » Fri May 19, 2006 11:15 pm

So u too have them? Few days ago i couldnt get them off my pc.
Someone said that it my be just peer catch , well i understand, but if that server was closed well then no one should be flushing with that IP.
Have u blocked that ip? and if u still have tem on u friends list do u let them upload if they are trying 2?
So far really no one came up with logical explanation
to a question
1.How blocked ip its not been blocked
2.How come this IPis even around knowing the circumstance
U know i dont believe that ppl watch their pc every time they d/l to see what bad IP slipped thrue the filter ,so what im saying if someone whant's 2 see u activities they will and no filter is 100% proof , but this is different story.
quick

Postby Ickypoopy » Wed May 24, 2006 11:27 pm

I think you all misunderstand what the IP address listed in that section of the friends list is. The "buddy" column is the IP address of a third-party that will be used to contact the individual if direct communication fails. For instance, if they are behind a restrictive NAT.

Often the "buddy" will be listed as one of the ed2k servers. They are just still erroneously reporting that server as their buddy for whatever reason. Ignore it, you aren't actually connected to whoever is listed as "buddy." They are only used to tell the other client you want to make a connection.
Ickypoopy

Return to eDonkey2000 / Overnet