Slyck.com
 
Slyck Chatbox - And More

Overnet back to 1 million users?

Discussion about the eDonkey program and both the eDonkey2000 network and the Overnet Network.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Postby P2P_G » Wed May 31, 2006 7:28 am

Wtf?

Overnet 2,500,880
FastTrack 1,430,889

If that was true i would be very happy then, Die fasttrack die :lol:
Piracy Will Never Die.
User avatar
P2P_G
 
Posts: 2783
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:27 pm

Postby yaveznodo » Wed May 31, 2006 9:27 am

What client are you using to connect? I don't want to touch the spyware laden official eDonkey2000 client. Anybody know of a lite version? Must give Overnet a try again.
User avatar
yaveznodo
 
Posts: 1511
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:29 am
Location: Dark Paradise

Postby P2P_G » Wed May 31, 2006 4:30 pm

yaveznodo wrote:What client are you using to connect? I don't want to touch the spyware laden official eDonkey2000 client. Anybody know of a lite version? Must give Overnet a try again.


Try to search google for "download overnet 0.53" then do a offline install, belive me you won't get any spyware!
Piracy Will Never Die.
User avatar
P2P_G
 
Posts: 2783
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:27 pm

Postby Ickypoopy » Wed May 31, 2006 5:02 pm

P2P_G wrote:
yaveznodo wrote:What client are you using to connect? I don't want to touch the spyware laden official eDonkey2000 client. Anybody know of a lite version? Must give Overnet a try again.


Try to search google for "download overnet 0.53" then do a offline install, belive me you won't get any spyware!

Actually, grab the newest version... Do an offline install, and tell it you are a registered user and put in bogus user/pass info. It will not install the spyware if it cannot confirm the truth of your user/pass at installation time ;)
Ickypoopy
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon May 15, 2006 2:22 am
Location: Beaverton, Oregon

Postby SlyckTom » Wed May 31, 2006 5:12 pm

Just a typo peeps...
Follow us on Twitter @SlyckDotCom
Join our Facebook Fan page
SlyckTom
 
Posts: 5713
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2002 7:22 pm
Location: New York City

Postby P2P_G » Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:40 am

Ickypoopy wrote:
P2P_G wrote:
yaveznodo wrote:What client are you using to connect? I don't want to touch the spyware laden official eDonkey2000 client. Anybody know of a lite version? Must give Overnet a try again.


Try to search google for "download overnet 0.53" then do a offline install, belive me you won't get any spyware!

Actually, grab the newest version... Do an offline install, and tell it you are a registered user and put in bogus user/pass info. It will not install the spyware if it cannot confirm the truth of your user/pass at installation time ;)


but he wants to try overnet, not ed2k, overnet 0.53 has better overnet suport. :wink:
Piracy Will Never Die.
User avatar
P2P_G
 
Posts: 2783
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:27 pm

Postby Ickypoopy » Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:25 am

P2P_G wrote:
Ickypoopy wrote:
P2P_G wrote:
yaveznodo wrote:What client are you using to connect? I don't want to touch the spyware laden official eDonkey2000 client. Anybody know of a lite version? Must give Overnet a try again.


Try to search google for "download overnet 0.53" then do a offline install, belive me you won't get any spyware!

Actually, grab the newest version... Do an offline install, and tell it you are a registered user and put in bogus user/pass info. It will not install the spyware if it cannot confirm the truth of your user/pass at installation time ;)


but he wants to try overnet, not ed2k, overnet 0.53 has better overnet suport. :wink:

Actually, it does not. There have been internal changes to the working of the network with the newer clients, most of which are not visible to the user - but affect the functionality of the network as a whole. The developers had a rant in the forum about it at one point, how they feel that the use of the old clients which dont have the newest changes are a detriment to the decentralized network.
Ickypoopy
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon May 15, 2006 2:22 am
Location: Beaverton, Oregon

Previous

Return to eDonkey2000 / Overnet

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

© 2001-2008 Slyck.com