Page 1 of 2

Evidence that ALL computers are under GOVT SURVEILLANCE

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:04 am
by MrFredPFL

Re: Evidence that ALL computers are under GOVT SURVEILLANCE

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:01 am
by ejonesss
what about macs and linux?


cant you use something to block those ports and i102.photobucket.com?

Re: Evidence that ALL computers are under GOVT SURVEILLANCE

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:33 am
by MrFredPFL
ejoness, i posted this, not because of the serious info it contains (lol, it doesn't), but because it's the rantings of an ignorant person who has no idea whatsoever what he's talking about.

the vast majority of the "evidence" in those pictures is nonsense. as for photobucket, huh? he's not accusing THEM of surveillance, he's using them to post the pictures of his screenshots which he mistakenly thinks prove something beyond "i am connected to the internet."

the accusation against IANA is priceless, along with the guy who supports it by talking about disinformation. if you're going to talk about foil hat conspiracies with government spying, u ought to at least understand the difference between a LAN and a WAN address.

Re: Evidence that ALL computers are under GOVT SURVEILLANCE

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:35 am
by Golgo1
wow is right.

A vague, rudimentary understanding of a complicated, technical topic, combined with the lack of logic and rationality that most conspiracy nuts posses.

Forget criminals, THIS kind of person is a valid argument for gun control :)

Re: Evidence that ALL computers are under GOVT SURVEILLANCE

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:37 am
by tehdoomsayer
lol fantastic find. I'm really curious to know how much time this dude has on his hands to sit there and stare at his incoming/outgoing connections and find the great pattern of surveillance. Dude needs a job I think haha

but how can you call disinfo a not credible source when they have groundbreaking front page stories like... "Lee Camp: NASA Releases Video Saying We’re F**ked By The Year 2100" and "Hiroshima and Nagasaki the Great Historical Lie?" :tinfoilhat:

MrFredPFL wrote:which he mistakenly thinks prove something beyond "i am connected to the internet."


:lol:

Re: Evidence that ALL computers are under GOVT SURVEILLANCE

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:56 pm
by ejonesss
you would be surprised some spies can send the info to their photobucket account.

my question about macs and linux is a serious one

Re: Evidence that ALL computers are under GOVT SURVEILLANCE

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:14 pm
by MrFredPFL
did u read the entire thread, ejonesss? as at least one person pointed out, if you're online, you can be spied on - period. it doesn't matter what u do, or what OS u run.

ALL that guy did was post screenshots on photobucket. if you think photobucket is spying on you, well, you really really really need to go offline and stay offline, seriously.

Re: Evidence that ALL computers are under GOVT SURVEILLANCE

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:55 pm
by Segadora_Severa
Here is an extensive list of port ranges and what they are used for ejoness.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_TC ... rt_numbers

Port 80 and port 8080 are mainly used for the Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) to establish a connection to a server.
Port 8080 Is used a lot for proxy servers and other applications and also as a back up to port 80 if I remember correctly.
Edit: Port 443 is used for secure connections i.e. (HTTPS)
I remember a few file sharing programs that used to use port 8080 too.

All that guy did was prove that his internet was working.

If you were to block either of those as outgoing ports you would more than likely block your access to browse the internet lol
:toast:

Re: Evidence that ALL computers are under GOVT SURVEILLANCE

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:57 pm
by MrFredPFL
Segadora_Severa wrote:All that guy did was prove that his internet was working.

If you were to block either of those as outgoing ports you would more than likely block your access to browse the internet lol
:toast:


*DING*

we have a winner :)

Re: Evidence that ALL computers are under GOVT SURVEILLANCE

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:02 pm
by MrFredPFL
it was nice to see, tho, that some of the people on that :tinfoilhat: site actually understood what was going on. i especially enjoyed the multiple :doh: guy, and the one who said a little part of him died every time he read a thread like that. nice to see that some paranoid people still actually take the time to think things thru.

there's nothing wrong with suspicion - lord knows i have plenty myself ;) but is it asking too much for people to at least have a tiny bit of understanding of the topic they're suspicious about?

Re: Evidence that ALL computers are under GOVT SURVEILLANCE

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:19 pm
by Golgo1
In his defense, his claim wasn't really just the connections. It was that all the incoming connections were SO well organized.
So organized that it couldnt possibly be malware or hacker probing, it HAD to be the government.

Move to the hills man!! This shit is real, man! I have proof that a COMPUTER of all things was behaving in an ORGANIZED and PREDICTABLE manner!! This goes DEEP man! Illuminutti! Triads! Stonecutters!
If they can make computers follow a pattern and repeat tasks, what else are they capable of?!?! Next thing you know they will contorting space-time to harness LIGHT!
Imagine! Images of real life events, directed through some sort of lens and CAPTURED forever on some sort of paper!
MADNESS!! This is the stuff THEY dont want you to know about, Wake UP mer'ca!

Image

Re: Evidence that ALL computers are under GOVT SURVEILLANCE

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:21 pm
by ejonesss
yes i did you should know that by the logs.

MrFredPFL wrote:did u read the entire thread, ejonesss? as at least one person pointed out, if you're online, you can be spied on - period. it doesn't matter what u do, or what OS u run.

ALL that guy did was post screenshots on photobucket. if you think photobucket is spying on you, well, you really really really need to go offline and stay offline, seriously.

Re: Evidence that ALL computers are under GOVT SURVEILLANCE

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:22 pm
by ejonesss
443 is used for https too.


Segadora_Severa wrote:Here is an extensive list of port ranges and what they are used for ejoness.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_TC ... rt_numbers

Port 80 and port 8080 are mainly used for the Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) to establish a connection to a server.
Port 8080 Is used a lot for secure connections and other applications and as a back up to port 80 if I remember correctly.
I remember a few file sharing programs that used to use port 8080 too.

All that guy did was prove that his internet was working.

If you were to block either of those as outgoing ports you would more than likely block your access to browse the internet lol
:toast:

Re: Evidence that ALL computers are under GOVT SURVEILLANCE

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:30 pm
by Segadora_Severa
MrFredPFL wrote:it was nice to see, tho, that some of the people on that :tinfoilhat: site actually understood what was going on. i especially enjoyed the multiple :doh: guy, and the one who said a little part of him died every time he read a thread like that. nice to see that some paranoid people still actually take the time to think things thru.

there's nothing wrong with suspicion - lord knows i have plenty myself ;) but is it asking too much for people to at least have a tiny bit of understanding of the topic they're suspicious about?


I liked what true-life did on top of page 3 to encourage him. lol > :lookup: Then someone flamed him for it... :pissedoff:

That's an interesting question. We've seen lots of fanatics that just think the govt. are absolutely against them for one reason or another. For some people sadly I think it is too much to ask for. :tinfoilhat:

Re: Evidence that ALL computers are under GOVT SURVEILLANCE

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:31 pm
by Segadora_Severa
ejonesss wrote:443 is used for https too.


Segadora_Severa wrote:Here is an extensive list of port ranges and what they are used for ejoness.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_TC ... rt_numbers

Port 80 and port 8080 are mainly used for the Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) to establish a connection to a server.
Port 8080 Is used a lot for proxy servers and other applications and also as a back up to port 80 if I remember correctly.
Edit: Port 443 is used for secure connections i.e. (HTTPS)
I remember a few file sharing programs that used to use port 8080 too.

All that guy did was prove that his internet was working.

If you were to block either of those as outgoing ports you would more than likely block your access to browse the internet lol
:toast:

Yes, That is right. It is used for secure (HTTPS) connections also. I edited my above post to reflect that. Although the guy that was thinking the government was spying on him didn't mention that port# in his post so I didn't bother to cover them all when responding to you after you asked if there was a way to block the ones he did list ...
Take care.

Re: Evidence that ALL computers are under GOVT SURVEILLANCE

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:02 pm
by MrFredPFL
Segadora_Severa wrote:I liked what true-life did on top of page 3 to encourage him. lol > :lookup: Then someone flamed him for it... :pissedoff:


i wasn't sure what to make of true-life's post. was that tongue-in-cheek, or was he just similar to the OP?

Re: Evidence that ALL computers are under GOVT SURVEILLANCE

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:36 pm
by Segadora_Severa
MrFredPFL wrote:
Segadora_Severa wrote:I liked what true-life did on top of page 3 to encourage him. lol > :lookup: Then someone flamed him for it... :pissedoff:


i wasn't sure what to make of true-life's post. was that tongue-in-cheek, or was he just similar to the OP?


The truth is out there... lol. I think he was trying to satirically categorize the high points of what the op did. :toast:

Re: Evidence that ALL computers are under GOVT SURVEILLANCE

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:56 am
by MrFredPFL
ejonesss wrote:yes i did you should know that by the logs.

MrFredPFL wrote:did u read the entire thread, ejonesss? as at least one person pointed out, if you're online, you can be spied on - period. it doesn't matter what u do, or what OS u run.

ALL that guy did was post screenshots on photobucket. if you think photobucket is spying on you, well, you really really really need to go offline and stay offline, seriously.

i told myself to not bother to answer this, as i have attempted to repeatedly in the past, to no effect. but i'm going to try again anyway.

1. your assertion is completely false and without basis. the logs for this website contain no such information. there are multiple ways for u to confirm this yourself, but it seems like u would rather fantasize about everyone spying on u instead of actually understanding what is happening around u.

2. in this case, the only log that would show what pages u accessed at another site are the logs at THAT site, not here. we have no access to that information.

3. even if we DID have access to it, which we don't, it would not answer my question. i didn't ask if u clicked on a link, i asked if u actually READ the entire thread. no log in the world can answer that question. i asked because the question u asked was specifically addressed in that thread. i was curious to learn whether u didn't see that stuff, or u didn't believe it. if you're on the internet, you're at risk, regardless of your OS.

if you're going to be paranoid about this stuff, u owe it to yourself to have a basic understanding of it, something it appears to me that both u and the OP of that thread lack.

Re: Evidence that ALL computers are under GOVT SURVEILLANCE

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:05 am
by ejonesss
ok i think i managed to block the government from accessing my systems.

i simply blocked every ip range in the pictures on all ports and all protocols and i have no more attempts.

Re: Evidence that ALL computers are under GOVT SURVEILLANCE

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:26 am
by MrFredPFL
that's nice, but odds are, none of what was in his screenshots has anything to do with the government. for an obvious example - do u really believe the government leases computers from a server host in the netherlands to spy on people?

Re: Evidence that ALL computers are under GOVT SURVEILLANCE

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:33 am
by MrFredPFL
i cannot emphasize this point enough. there is ZERO evidence in that thread that the government had anything to do with any of the stuff he posted. does the government spy on people? absolutely. but so do PLENTY of other people, too.

Stevie Wonder wrote:When you believe in things you don't understand, you're gonna suffer. Superstition ain't the way.

Re: Evidence that ALL computers are under GOVT SURVEILLANCE

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:46 pm
by Segadora_Severa
MrFredPFL wrote:i cannot emphasize this point enough. there is ZERO evidence in that thread that the government had anything to do with any of the stuff he posted. does the government spy on people? absolutely. but so do PLENTY of other people, too.

Stevie Wonder wrote:When you believe in things you don't understand, you're gonna suffer. Superstition ain't the way.


:thumbup: Exactly



ejonesss wrote:ok i think i managed to block the government from accessing my systems.

i simply blocked every ip range in the pictures on all ports and all protocols and i have no more attempts.


I'm sure he got pinged quite a lot after posting his IP publicly. And with the new automagic mouse pointer thingamajigy nsa super computer spy app freshly installed that elite haxors embed their own code in they will know every thought and secret radiated through his mind down his arm into the mouse through the pointer into the screen. Better wrap your mouse in tinfoil too ejonesss :lol:

Re: Evidence that ALL computers are under GOVT SURVEILLANCE

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:54 pm
by MrFredPFL
i can't read about mice and hackers without posting this gem:

<YuFFie> SO U HACKING ME THEN HUH
<YuFFie> WElL I GOT NEWS FOR U MISTER I GOT MORE FIREWALL POWERS NOW SO IM SECURE AND IM USING WINDOWS 98 SO IM REALLY SECURE FROM HACKERS LIKE YOU SO YOU BETTA JUST GIVE UP CUZ U GOT NO HOPE MISTER.
* YuFFie (~mirc@3B942731.dsl.stlsmo.swbell.net) Quit (Quit: Owned.)
* YuFFie (~mirc@3B942731.dsl.stlsmo.swbell.net) has joined #
<YuFFie> HELP MY MOUSE IS MOVING BY IT SELF

Re: Evidence that ALL computers are under GOVT SURVEILLANCE

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:27 pm
by ejonesss
MrFredPFL what are you looking out of me to indicate i read the article if you think i did not read it?

Re: Evidence that ALL computers are under GOVT SURVEILLANCE

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:59 pm
by MrFredPFL
more than anything, i am asking you to stop with your false assumptions about what this website logs, and is capable of logging, and to actually understand the things u seem to fear.



but you said this:

my question about macs and linux is a serious one


i replied:

did u read the entire thread, ejonesss? as at least one person pointed out, if you're online, you can be spied on - period. it doesn't matter what u do, or what OS u run.

rather than actually answer the question, you made this statement...

yes i did you should know that by the logs.

... which i pointed out was wrong for several reasons, and then explained the question in what i thought was easy to understand language.

i asked because the question u asked was specifically addressed in that thread. i was curious to learn whether u didn't see that stuff, or u didn't believe it. if you're on the internet, you're at risk, regardless of your OS.


i'm really at a loss to understand what is confusing here. i'm sorry, but i don't think i'm capable of making it any clearer. not that it really matters, one way or the other.