Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

pc to kindle?

This is the forum to discuss internet and other tech topics which aren't specifically hardware or software related issues.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

pc to kindle?

Postby dougie123 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:49 pm

Is this on right section?....probabley not ,so I apologise in advance if this is the case. However,my question is, can I transfer downloaded music files mp3s (downloaded from easy news) onto a Kindle( a registered amazon kindle) ? if so how? Many tks.
dougie123

Re: pc to kindle?

Postby sunnyd » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:34 pm

Let Google be your friend, and also, if your Kindle did not come with a manual, the links below should be helpful for you. :wink:

Yes, you can download music (mp3s) from your pc. And, depending on which model you have, it has always been that the first 250 songs are free for most models, then you have to pay for a premium service to add additional ones.

These may be of some help to you...

Scroll down to number 33...
http://blog.the-ebook-reader.com/2012/0 ... e-fire-hd/

And, how to put music on your Kindle from your pc...
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/ ... =200593730
Follow Slyck on Twitter @SlyckDotCom
Join Slyck's Facebook Fan Page
sunnyd

Postby Inksaver » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:56 am

I have a Kindle Fire HD. With this model, all you do is plug in the USB cable and it appears as a removable drive. Simply copy your music/video/ebook files to the appropriate folders.

I have successfully rooted mine a couple of days ago, and installed the Google Play store.
Anybody needs help with rooting let me know.
Inksaver

Postby dougie123 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:21 pm

Thanks to you both......no problem ,other than the query, is it possible to get a virus on a kindle? Rooting? what is that?.......kind regards
dougie123

Postby sunnyd » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:48 pm

Rooting means gaining root access to allow you to do much more with your Kindle and not be restricted with only certain apps, etc., and there are several different ways to do it, some more complicated than others.

Rooting a Kindle is the equivalent of jailbreaking an iPhone and Amazon is known for doing updates that take it back to the "before rooting" stage unless certain steps are taken in the rooting process. You should do some searching online for more information about all of this so you are more familiar with it.

Any electronic device that has an operating system can get a virus, but it's highly unlikely with a Kindle since viruses only acheive their goal by spreading, and there isn't much opportunity for that with a Kindle.
Follow Slyck on Twitter @SlyckDotCom
Join Slyck's Facebook Fan Page
sunnyd

Postby Inksaver » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:46 am

The main reason for rooting the Kindle is to enable the installation of Google Play Store. If you have another Android device such as a phone, and you have paid for games or apps on that, then you do not want to pay all over again on your Kindle for the same apps just because it only has Amazon play store.

There are anti-virus apps (such as avast) available for android.
Inksaver

Return to Tech/Other/Internet Discussion