Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Gateway to future - or less freedom?

This is the forum to discuss internet and other tech topics which aren't specifically hardware or software related issues.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Re: Gateway to future - or less freedom?

Postby tolow2ce » Fri May 29, 2009 4:17 am

NocturnalVagabond wrote:
tolow2ce wrote: If your looking for me to respond to your ramblings, try again!

:lookup: :rofl:
hehehe... knew you would find a way to avoid the real issues in your argument.
Just can't answer direct questions, huh?

Let me guess - first year college student, looking to 'stick it to the man' ? Don't actually have a reason to gripe about the system, but figure if you throw the rhetoric around loud enough and wide enough, people will think you know what you are on about ? 'I want my Human Rights' ... 'Violates My Privacy' .... blah blah blah.... the only thing you left out was 'Save The Whales' and 'Protect The Children' :roll:

And people like Fred wonder why Americans are ridiculed the world over - it's because of morons like you who make so much damn noise in a desperate need to be noticed and validated, you drown out the ones worth listening to.
Probably some deep-seated mother/father issues involved. Usually is.

There are people to respond to, then their are spam bots. Jesus Christ where the fuck do you come up with this shit? You think IM desperate to be noticed and validated?? :lol:

Here read this "Gateway to future - or less freedom?"

NocturnalVagabond wrote:EDIT: But anyway, I'll pass on this thread now. Your repeated babbling without any substance to it has made this whole thread moot.
And what exactly do you think you have added? :roll:
You can love freedom all you want. If you choose to live free, expect someone to take your life sooner than later.
tolow2ce

Postby NocturnalVagabond » Fri May 29, 2009 4:41 am

tolow2ce wrote:And what exactly do you think you have added? :roll:

Well, lets see...

I called your ass out for stating humans would not detain anyone, and then denying it.

I reminded you of Paladwyn's question, which you didn't answer. And, not surprisingly, still haven't.

I asked a further question about your opposition to an ID card. Again, I see this was successfully dodged.

And I did a little bear-poking with a good stout stick, which elicited a few roars and some chest-beating. This should give other thread readers a chuckle or two.

Enjoy your stay on this wonderful planet. Thankfully it will one day come to an end. :howdy:
"I'd hate to be a teetotaler. Imagine getting up in the morning and knowing that's as good as you're going to feel all day"
- Dean Martin
NocturnalVagabond
Tin Foil Hat Salesperson

Postby tolow2ce » Fri May 29, 2009 5:03 am

NocturnalVagabond wrote:
tolow2ce wrote:And what exactly do you think you have added? :roll:

Well, lets see...

NocturnalVagabond wrote:I called your ass out for stating humans would not detain anyone, and then denying it.

All you did was take me out of context. http://www.yourdictionary.com/chances-are

NocturnalVagabond wrote:I reminded you of Paladwyn's question, which you didn't answer. And, not surprisingly, still haven't.

I dont know if english is your first language, but Ive answered that question. If its not good enough for you, tough deal with it! If you don't know how to respond to the first answer I gave, oh well!

NocturnalVagabond wrote:I asked a further question about your opposition to an ID card. Again, I see this was successfully dodged.
You stated I couldnt go on about privacy. Well fuck that, that's the whole fucking problem!!But something is wrong with you, when looking for an answer, you don't get to set the terms on how it is awnsered.

NocturnalVagabond wrote:And I did a little bear-poking with a good stout stick, which elicited a few roars and some chest-beating. This should give other thread readers a chuckle or two.
No, your Intellectually lacking in the argument, taking me out of context and telling me others didn't say it was very accurate when in fact it was. You grabbing for straws trying to say its not a data base, when its clearing not a technology with out a database. Smile once, feel your face, are you telling me this is an x-ray machine. because weight gain changes the view of your bone structure. If it inst a x-ray machine its garbage!!

NocturnalVagabond wrote:Enjoy your stay on this wonderful planet. Thankfully it will one day come to an end. :howdy:
Some intellectually weed themselves out sooner than later. Enjoy your short stay. :howdy:
You can love freedom all you want. If you choose to live free, expect someone to take your life sooner than later.
tolow2ce

Postby multivariable » Fri May 29, 2009 7:20 am

snip
Last edited by multivariable on Sun May 31, 2009 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
multivariable

Postby sunnyd » Fri May 29, 2009 8:59 am

Anyone for some refreshments? :wink:

Last edited by sunnyd on Sun May 31, 2009 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Follow Slyck on Twitter @SlyckDotCom
Join Slyck's Facebook Fan Page
sunnyd

Postby Paladwyn » Fri May 29, 2009 1:27 pm

Humans can be wrong, computers can be fooled...it's inevitable.

Put these two things together, get them working WITH each other and you will have a much higher success rate without having to resort to other methods that WILL remove the civil rights of people. TO find a happy medium to get this job done quick and efficient would be a high priority. I know the technology is not perfect yet, that's kinda why they are doing the TESTING.

Then again, the equipment is only as good as it's operator...you get a bumbling human behind the wheel and well, Chernobyl disaster was caused by a human.

Personally, I think if they get this working with an acceptable success rate, with the work of competent officers working the gates, they will be able to catch more people trying to get around the no-fly list, and all it requires is for them to see your face, something they already do.

But yeah, I am always up for a good debate...perhaps this topic has gotten a bit too heated?
Don't roll your chair backwards, you might run over my foot.
Paladwyn

Postby Paladwyn » Fri May 29, 2009 1:33 pm

But in all honesty, we don't really need the namecalling, we can have a polite debate without having to see Fred coming with his 2x4 ready to clobber all of us, he scares me :)

So, before he turns that 2x4 into a +5 vorpal banhammer, we should all behave?
Paladwyn

Postby SlyckTom » Sun May 31, 2009 9:10 am

I have returned this thread to the forums. But there are going to be some significant consequences for those who allowed this epic failure of a thread to deteriorate into the state it has become. I am very disappointed in everyone who disregarded the rules.

It's probably impossible to continue the discussion, but I'm willing to give it a shot. I don't want any apologies or explanations, and I cannot stress that enough. Now let's see how things go...
Follow us on Twitter @SlyckDotCom
Join our Facebook Fan page
SlyckTom

Postby Paladwyn » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:59 pm

And the sound of crickets now fills this room...
Paladwyn

Previous

Return to Tech/Other/Internet Discussion