Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

energy blueprints I designed to stop the depression

This is the forum to discuss internet and other tech topics which aren't specifically hardware or software related issues.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Re: energy blueprints I designed to stop the depression

Postby zbeast » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:45 pm

What!!!?!!!

Why oh why do people keep coming up with magic magnetic motors - Power sources.

Here's the deal.. The only way and I do mean only way you could make a generation system that was
self amplifying... i.e. once it was started it would keep running from it's own gain's of energy is if
you could develop a new type of magnetic material.
This material, when stimulated by a second magnetic field some how switched from being non-magnetic to magnetic.

Since there is no material like this or even postulated your magic motor wont work..

Note i'm not talking about an electromagnet ;I'm talking about a solid metal when it come in contact with a trigger
metal suddenly turns active, when this trigger metal is removed this metal returns to being non-magnetic.

Please take a class in basic physics or if you really believe in this system of yours take it to alt.physics.
Those people will grind you up like fresh meat..

Talk to these people...
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=b97f96968e4a49654cbe866cab3c06ac;www

If you don't feel like that beating... read information from repeatable sources not from these magic motor sites.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perpetual_motion
http://burtleburtle.net/bob/physics/whythere.html

If you can get your device to work... win some money.
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=b97f96968e4a49654cbe866cab3c06ac&/topic,2157.0.html
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.
zbeast

Postby nik » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:48 pm

I designed a way for a car to run on free gas but it costs too much in baked beans and cabbage, i had to drill a hole in the car seat and the fuel collection tube was a tad uncomfortable and very cold in the winter. Also not avoiding speed bumps or potholes in the road could cause fuel leaks due to the fuel line becomming dislodged meant everyone in the car had to bail out quickly or risk permanent damage to their sense of smell. I gave up in the end it was a real pain in the arse :rofl:
nik

Postby tolow2ce » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:57 pm

Dont get to deeply lost youll waste your life.Eventually you'll make a perpetual motion machine that works, but it will get broke. like all the other machines before yours. ;)

Your machine has no gate the only thing it will do is stand still. See here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCr3lOhMJCg

after watching pat 1 and 2 the only thing he has accomplished is slowing down the wheel. example, how many rotations can he get by just spinning the wheel with no magnets, 30 or 40 + i would day. now what he has done is made a brake. See what a f*cking moron he is??? He is wasting his time!! How about putting people to work rebuilding the entire US infrastructure including rebuilding the electrical infrastructure to accommodate personal,CoOp and no private company wind and solar generation!! If we can hold out that long. BTW, that's not my idea, its already in the works(with the exception of the no private company's).

3 wind generators power automated machines that make wind generators. Now that's as close to perpetual motion as we are going to get. Unless some figures out cold fusion, but even that wont be perpetual.

Dont get me wrong, Ive been here Ive done that. BTW nobody hates our domestic terrorists, the oil company's, more than I.

One more thing, there are plenty of anwsers to our problems, don't get sucked into magnets or gears. a couple of ideas, more efficient and long lasting battery's, practial solar water heaters(easy to implement) and better isulation R70 preferably around fridges (easy implement) @ an r70 rating a fridge or freezer should only run once every couple of days, if not opened.
Last edited by tolow2ce on Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:40 pm, edited 5 times in total.
You can love freedom all you want. If you choose to live free, expect someone to take your life sooner than later.
tolow2ce

Postby Psisquared » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:00 pm

You can't get infinite energy from magnets. As I remember, there have been a few of these types of posts on Slyck. Now if your device harnessed the power of the ever and inexplicably overexpanding universe, that would be a horse of a different color.

Although there's probably a reason that couldn't work in theory, either.
The quick brown fox jumps over a lazy dog.
Psisquared

Location: Impossible to ascertain due to uncertainty principle

Postby rsrikanth05 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:04 am

qm2003 wrote:I wonder how many sheeple will get fooled by this entertaining "invention". :popcorn:

Btw, after you got the nobel price for inventing a "working non-subatomic super-strong unipolar magnet that gets even stronger with a little electricity", make sure to check back in and we'll have a little party. :toast:

:mrgreen:

You mean the igNobel price.

ANyway, btax, have you ever tried this out in practical form?
rsrikanth05

Postby MEMOR » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:18 am

I can also turn

Water Into wine

Lead into Gold,

The Laws of Physics dictates, you dont get summat for nowt !

Enough of this nonsense!
MEMOR

Postby georgegad » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:07 am

Water into wine i can do, it just takes me ages.
Do i get half a point if i can turn gold into lead?
georgegad

Postby rsrikanth05 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:21 am

georgegad wrote:Water into wine i can do, it just takes me ages.
Do i get half a point if i can turn gold into lead?

Haha nice one...

Why are you even bothered about 'magnetic' electricity?
Agreed, AC power can be generated using a Magnet as a dynamo, but you have abundance of Wind and Sunlight, so why not utilse that instead....
rsrikanth05

Postby Fartingbob » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:46 am

I do think just 4 days into the new year this thread has got to be in the running for thread of the year 2009. :lol:
Fartingbob
P2P Trafficker

Postby Paladwyn » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:38 am

It is an interesting idea, but one of the major drawbacks is countering the magnetic fields between the positive and negative. Or you will end up with it hitting the space between the positive and negative fields and stopping dead. Of course you would need to have good speed already in place, however with friction in the universe, it will eventually start to slow down again.

Another thing would be finding permanent magnets powerful enough to actually turn it...as they generally aren't the most powerful magnetic fields.

One of the first theories to energy generation is, energy is never created or destroyed, only converted. What I'm getting at is...
One of my theories on power generation has to do with a Stirling Engine, something that uses merely heat and cold to run a turbine, you could easilly say "I could use the cold generated from a fridge on the cold end, and the heat given off by the compressor on the hot end" but with the energy theroies in place one would notice that the heat and cold given off by the fridge's workings woulnd't be ample enough to power itself. It would need a much greater range of heat vs cold, or possibly on a larger scale - something too big to fit in the normal fridge size category.

Personally, I still think there is something to be found in those Stirling Engines...
Don't roll your chair backwards, you might run over my foot.
Paladwyn

Postby rsrikanth05 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:57 pm

Paladwyn wrote:I

One of the first theories to energy generation is, energy is never created or destroyed, only converted. What I'm getting at is...

The Law of Conservation of energy might be challenged in the future for all you know...
rsrikanth05

Postby zbeast » Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:05 pm

Paladwyn wrote:Personally, I still think there is something to be found in those Stirling Engines...

I love Stirling engines. they are so cute and they have been used to power water pumps, fan's and car's.
but the heat and rpm levels required to get a Stirling engine to develop enough torque to move a car is
way to high.
Here is a car being kind of powered by a Stirling engine.. the engine is being used to run a generator
to keep a charge in the batteries.
http://hackaday.com/2008/11/09/dean-kamens-stirling-engine-car/

There is no such thing as a free lunch when it comes to power creation.
what energy is lost in doing work is converted to heat.

it takes a lot of hear to get power out of a Stirling engine.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LOcyjZthsg&feature=related

So if people are looking for "free energy" or low cost energy there is no such animal.
What you can do is make use of other resources around you.
be that waste gas from dumps, hydrogen fuel, natural gas, or bio diesel.
Me personally I would like to have a little one of these.

http://www.treehugger.com/files/2008/09/portable-backyard-nuclear-reactors-ready-by-2013.php
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.
zbeast

Postby Paladwyn » Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:35 pm

Ya..the little bit of research I did on those Stirling engines came up with the problem that they just aren't powerful enough...one to power a car is too big and expensive to be effective.

Wonder what one would need to power a house?
Paladwyn

Postby Wrast » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:12 pm

Wow, I'm sorry for the people that still think perpetual movement exists, but it doesn't.

On the other hand, it's too much fun to just stop the conversation. I mean is there any thread where you can talk about government and corporate conspiracy, clowns , shoes, prime number algorithms, coral castle, magnetic field theory, magnetic generator, Tesla coils, Stirling engines, Newton's laws, see funny long and boring youtube videos... all at once!

Now I'm sorry to disappoint anyone still thinking magnetic generators can work, but they can't. If energy is created, energy is transformed. If something rolls it creates a force perpendicular to the plan in which it rolls, you won't make electricity with that since you block the wheel, so it's a loss. if you give a push of 200J to a magnetic generator, it will produce 200J of energy, not electricity, energy. So basically it will never create more energy than the push you give it to start it, it will stop rolling after a while. That's why we put gasoline in home generator, sun for solar panels, wind for wind generators, water in dams(gravity here...could be mercury but it would be a pain to fill and messy).

Well it is still entertaining to read!
Wrast

Postby Paladwyn » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:21 pm

I want my own Tesla Coil so I can zap people when they come to my house! :D
Paladwyn

Postby multivariable » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:03 pm

I want to know where you're going to find, or how you're going to make, magnets like the ones in your blueprints. You know, the ones with the same polarity on each end.

If you're successful in creating a magnetic monopole I promise to come to Sweden to watch when they hand you your Nobel Prize in Physics.
multivariable

Postby MrFredPFL » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:19 pm

all super magnets will be powered by a timed hand crank or a manuel crank

i wonder how manuel feels about that.
MrFredPFL

Postby georgegad » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:28 pm

That stirling engine is nice, thanx for the info. I been wondering for a while ways to turn my waste heat into a power source.
So if you put one of these in a place with excess heat will it make the area around it cooler?
I am suprised thats not used in more places. Foundries etc should have them mounted in external walls near all their hot areas.

"Wonder what one would need to power a house?"
Yes, the limitations are quite obvious, this is not the answer to all of our power needs. But as i see it that is really asking the wrong question. The real question is "how much power would my houses waste produce if i had a few of these spaced around" Your refrigerator/water heater/compost bin might all benefit. Heat buildup has been a big issue in a bunch of fields. Finding a way to use a waste product is in my opinion just as good as "free energy". its energy you had already paid for and were throwing away.

Zbeast.
Your backyard nuke is very sexy, but i dont believe them. After reading the plan it does contain U238, i expect with enough time i could take two or three and refine them into a bomb. (well not me, but someone clever) Apart from that it is still a heat and coolant based system. If i disable the cooling it may melt right into the ground. Not that i would do that to a fellow file-sharers reactor, just saying.
I were going to all get reactors i still like my slowpoke better, plus i like to just say the word. i could see myself smoking a cigar, wearing a robe and inviting playboy bunnies to see my slowpoke.
georgegad

Postby Paladwyn » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:37 pm

Any new houses in Canada are supposed to be equipped with a heat exchanger system. The company that I work for has been manufacturing heat exchangers for over 20 years that are used in livestock barns and other places (greenhouses, welding shops)...not to mention other ventilation systems. Our systems are designed around energy conservation, and producing as much efficiency as possible while having a low power consumption... so any kind of research into a better fan motor system is good news :)

The stirling engine would be a good way to convert waste energy into power, the problem is how long would it take for the system to start paying off. Our heat exchangers start paying for themselves in about 8-9 working months...so usually about 2 years, and they are priced anywhere from $1500 to $2500 bucks each. While having a small stirling engine on every appliance to return power would be an awesome way to conserve...how much cost would be involved?

We have seen all kinds of power producing techniques used for livestock barns...from burning grains (which is efficient in theory only - as they found the machine needs constant maintenance which has shown to eat up nearly all their conservation profits, this setup was in the UK), to burning the methane the animals give off...which has about the same problem. Burning anything seems to have alot of maintenance involved. The guy we had from Chile was saying they have to burn everything extra they can to generate power. Geothermal power is something that is quite good...though a hefty upfront cost, but a chicken barn in Abbotsford in BC just is getting running, a prototype for such a thing - shows excellent promise. Good thing our ventilation system is spearheading the project.

Solar panels on the roof work well in the summer...but snow on the panels tends to diminish the efficiency.

Personally I like the Stirling engine as a form of cost offsetter...perhaps using liquid nitrogen to keep the cold side cool? Though I don't know how long liquid nitrogen stays cold for...
Paladwyn

Previous

Return to Tech/Other/Internet Discussion