Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

The maker of Ben's Guide Has returned! from the dead

This is the forum to discuss internet and other tech topics which aren't specifically hardware or software related issues.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

The maker of Ben's Guide Has returned! from the dead

Postby btax » Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:22 am

Story: Brian H. (Witness and friends with Ben)

Remember when Jared talked about 'Ben's guide to protecting file-sharers from going to prison' on zeropaid and news traveled quickly about this guide and got thousands of downloads, then bad stuff happened to him and his family pressured him that he might goto prison for supporting filesharers go he created the last of this guide called 'The Last of Ben's Guide' and he disappeared.
It may appear grim for filesharers that theres no guides on how to morally without being attacked by the anti p2p groups, with the ACTA Ben has recently appeared with a new torrent "Ben's Guide to protecting Ipod Users and MP3 Luvers from prosecution at the border". He did this because of the recent events that Travelers' Laptops May Be Detained At Border: http://www.slyck.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=43791, so he came up with a guide on how to skirt your paid for (but illegal with the ACTA) mp3s from the border patrol thugs, he had no trouble calling them thugs because of the almost (or has) unrestricted power they've got that they can even detain people for having mp3 players or having anything that infringes copyright laws.

So why is this news, because this is trhe average copyright infringer's ticket to being safe from the scary Customs Officials. With the ACTA we can all become possible felons, but Ben thinks we should be innocent, even if the moral things we do are illegal.

So will Ben stay or will he die again like last time?
btax

Update: August 4th 2008

Postby btax » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:38 pm

I just got an update from my searches on torrentz
It has been sighted that he has uploaded two different ebooks this time instead of uploading different versions of the same ebooks all the time. He is now covering what to do if the ACTA got passed, he has also uploaded how he thinks Bush corrupted Capitalism, although there have been comments on mininova that they think capitalism has already been corrupt. So he is covering different subjects from how to protect your mp3s and Ipods from border searches, to what to do if the ACTA got passed, to political theories about why capitalism is so corrupt, I wonder what else he might come up with.
When I seen the ebook, it looks very informative and even has a step-by-step guide on how to encrypt your hard drive and operating system using TrueCrypt. So I am happy he is supporting the P2P world and wants it to be legal and wants copyright reform.
I will keep checking if he comes up with any more ebooks.
I started http://uswgo.hyipo.net/ to help stop the Bilderbergs because they are a bunch of criminals that need to be taught a lesson, and the first lesson is why criminals should be arrested.
btax

Re: The maker of Ben's Guide Has returned! from the dead

Postby IneptVagrant » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:09 am

I am going consider this thread to be Urban Myth.

I have no idea who "Ben" is, or what your relation to him is. Nor am I callling you a liar.

I am saying the info "Ben" is providing so publicly (cause its on p2p??) is nothing to be considered secret. I do like that you are going out of your way to promote knowledge of security related application. Just about everyone could use more education on the horrors of the Man (or not so horrors as the case may be). I just found it fascinating, that you would do it via 3rd person -- I can understand that such a tack would attract more attention as you promote another person's exploits rather than your own.
IneptVagrant

Location: close the world . . . . . . . . . . . . . . txEn eht nepO

Postby btax » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:31 am

IneptVagrant wrote:I am going consider this thread to be Urban Myth.

I have no idea who "Ben" is, or what your relation to him is. Nor am I callling you a liar.

I am saying the info "Ben" is providing so publicly (cause its on p2p??) is nothing to be considered secret. I do like that you are going out of your way to promote knowledge of security related application. Just about everyone could use more education on the horrors of the Man (or not so horrors as the case may be). I just found it fascinating, that you would do it via 3rd person -- I can understand that such a tack would attract more attention as you promote another person's exploits rather than your own.

It's not an urban myth, his guide is on mininova, just search "ben's guide" or "ben's guide to protecting ipod" and you will see the guides are not a myth

I am Ben's friend and he is a man who has got angry at stuff like the ACTA trade agreement, thats why he came back to make more guides, and he started because he wanted to teach file sharers how to be safe from p2p snoopers, prying eyes, and law enforcement. I agree with you that we need more education on the horrors of the man, especially with international spy programs that monitor the entire internet for certain keywords.

Well Ben doesn't mind that I share his guides, he wants me to. He wants me to be used as a middle man, or a proxy and I have sophisticated tactics in case the man wants to go after me like all-computer-erase commands that erase every computer that has evidence on Ben's guide, you know in case reading is a crime.

I hope I responded to your entire thread intelligently. If you have any more things to say please don't hesitate to talk about it here.

I am hoping the world will use Ben's knowledge to show all governments that they cannot tamper with p2p without more problems, and they cannot cater to the corporate masterminds without rebellions going against corporate slavery. He wants the world to get to the sneakiest tactics possible to keep things alive like darknets, and trusted VPNs.
I started http://uswgo.hyipo.net/ to help stop the Bilderbergs because they are a bunch of criminals that need to be taught a lesson, and the first lesson is why criminals should be arrested.
btax

Postby btax » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:18 pm

Ben just released another torrent so it looks like he works for the internet freedom fighters, he wants filesharers to be free from prosecution unless they actually did something immoral, he believes and so do I that personal and non-commercial piracy is not wrong and that artists should get paid for their work but too much money is too much money and they need to give out more freebies and specials instead of anti-piracy crackdowns.

I support P2P and request that the U.S government and the world make it legal and cchange the broken RIAA, yea they are broken for not changing alone with the times.

Look at me I embrace change with bittorrent, why not the RIAA?

Come on this is a discussion forum, we need a discussion in this topic about what you believe about P2P, piracy, and if Ben's guide will make it in the police state world?

We need opinions and intelligent discussions about what we might need to do if things get more scary and dangerous.
btax

Postby MrFredPFL » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:25 pm

can't ben speak for himself? why do you feel compelled to tell us what he thinks? couldn't you just speak for yourself, and let ben do the same if he's so inclined? i'm all for intelligent discussion, as you call for - i don't feel you telling everyone over and over again what "ben" thinks and feels qualifies as intelligent discussion.
MrFredPFL

Postby btax » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:29 pm

MrFredPFL wrote:can't ben speak for himself? why do you feel compelled to tell us what he thinks? couldn't you just speak for yourself, and let ben do the same if he's so inclined?

ok I will speak to Ben and get him to goto your forum, hes just been paranoid of the government watching him, his parents keep telling him like junk like he'll be arrested for making guides, or he'll be targeted by the government.

but I will have a talk with him but I shall warn you he has to use encrypted VPNs to post anywhere, just to let u know.

I will speak for myself now, if that is what you want I'll do my best to comply with the moderators in this forum.
btax

Postby piXelatedEmpire » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:15 am

what a very odd thread.. you're saying a zombie is offering torrents on how to protect your mp3s? The RIAA will be having fits - even the dead are filesharers :shock:
Ross Wheeler, CEO of Albury.net.au, referring to the Australian Governments internet filtering plan wrote:"It's the most ill-conceived pile of stupidity by the biggest bunch of cretins that I've ever seen in my life"
piXelatedEmpire

Postby enigmax » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:24 am

btax wrote:ok I will speak to Ben and get him to goto your forum, hes just been paranoid of the government watching him, his parents keep telling him like junk like he'll be arrested for making guides, or he'll be targeted by the government.

us next :( :tinfoilhat:
enigmax

Postby SlyckTom » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:19 am

:popcorn:
Follow us on Twitter @SlyckDotCom
Join our Facebook Fan page
SlyckTom

Return to Tech/Other/Internet Discussion