Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Protowall and Blocklist Manager Guide

This is the forum to discuss tech-software related issues.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Postby ROYGBIV » Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:38 pm

Taifu56:

PW 1.42
File => Load IP tables

After that point it to the blocklist you just created.

PW 2.0 beta
W icon => Load IP tables

After that point it to the blocklist you just created.

That is how you load a blocklist.

:: No Sources to Process.
:: Inclusions File is empty.
:: Exclusions File is empty.

In BLM
Tools => Options => Sources

Choose the sources you want to use, from that quote up there you have nothing selected; which is why ProtoWall says 0 IP's.
ROYGBIV

Postby Hazzmatt » Sat Nov 12, 2005 6:19 am

I know it's been over a year since anyone posted on this topic but I need help. I'm dumb.

I got BLM and got a list. I exported it to PW which works fine except a lot of sites load slow or pieces are missing. Like myspace, certain friend pics won't show and neither does mine. Not a big deal, I'll just disable quick to view if needed.

Anyway, my issue is about exporting lists to other programs. I'm not sure which files are to be written to in certain apps. What I wanna export to are the following:

Azureus
Zone Alarm
Shareaza

I was also wondering, if I have PW and it's running, do I need to export to the other apps?
Hazzmatt

Postby LaX » Sat Nov 12, 2005 6:28 am

It's probably better to start a new topic than to revive a thread nearly a year old.

If you are already running PW, there isn't a need to export the lists to other programs, because the ips are already blocked by PW.
LaX

BM created list is crashing my protowall...

Postby shoebox » Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:09 pm

I installed protowall just fine, everything works with the preconfigured blocklist. I installed BM and created a new blocklist, overwriting the old one. When I load it, protowall crashes. I've uninstalled both programs and even installed protowall without the default blocklist, copying my created one over. Same result. PW shuts down. I've narrowed my problem down to the blocklist I have created as the culprit, but not sure why it would crash PW.

Any suggestions?
shoebox

Postby Trev0r269 » Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:21 pm

mattjb wrote:OK I am still having problems with geting protowall to work. I get to completing the protowall setup wizzrd, it says setup has finishd installing protowall on you computer. The application may be launched by selecting the installed icons, I select 'would you like to start protowall now? and click finish, here is were I run into problems a box pops up saying protowall.sys is not loaded. Install the driver then reload this application, know I go into my local area connection and hit properties and I choose Protowall and hit install, then I click servce then I choose have disk and choose protowall.sys and then I close the local area connection and try to start it again but the same thing pops up saying I need the driver. DO you know what I am doing wrong?

After you get the error msg you need to go into connection properties and uninstall the protowall stuff. You then choose microsoft -> then service -> have disk -> choose protowall.sys (maybe .inf?) -> Then it should install and ask if you if you want to run unsigned drivers. You will click yes, or ok (whatever wording they use). After that it should work. I did this a couple days ago following bluetack.co.uk's guide.
Trev0r269

Re: BM created list is crashing my protowall...

Postby HarryBosch » Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:07 pm

shoebox wrote:I installed protowall just fine, everything works with the preconfigured blocklist. I installed BM and created a new blocklist, overwriting the old one. When I load it, protowall crashes. I've uninstalled both programs and even installed protowall without the default blocklist, copying my created one over. Same result. PW shuts down. I've narrowed my problem down to the blocklist I have created as the culprit, but not sure why it would crash PW.

Any suggestions?

are you using protowall v 1.42. version 1.42 will only take a max of 131,000 rules/ranges or about a 6 mb file. version 2.01 build 7 will take over 400,000 rules/ranges. maybe try that or try using a smaller range if you prefer 1.42.
HarryBosch

Re: Protowall and Blocklist Manager Guide

Postby oployez » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:16 pm

Hi everyone,

I have installed protowall on Win 7, it blocks my access to certain websites but I can't see any activity on the blocked and granted packets although I activated the LOG option in the "Preference" menu. Any idea why?
oployez

Previous

Return to Tech/Software Discussion