Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Question about mounting game image using Toast 6 for osx MAC

This is the forum to discuss tech-software related issues.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Question about mounting game image using Toast 6 for osx MAC

Postby SyLeNtTbRoWn » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:34 pm

Hey guys... i hope im posting in the right place !! as some of you may know just got a mac for the first time, i also have just found games that are supported by OSX. im told that you are able to mount DL game images useing toast ... much like you would with say Deamon tools or what ever. the problem im haveing is im not able to identify the actual image file .. in the package i DL there was a .Toast file .. witch im to understand is the mountable image ... accept when i mount it all its shows is an installation splash screen??? and does no more... I had to expand the files from a (.sitx) package .... does anyone know of a way to find the proper image file???
:pirate:
Im no Super Guenious.... or are I??
SyLeNtTbRoWn

Re: Question about mounting game image using Toast 6 for osx MAC

Postby sunnyd » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:02 pm

Try renaming the file extension from .toast to .iso, then burn it as an .iso. Make sure hidden file extensions are showing so that you are not renaming it xxxx.toast.iso.
Follow Slyck on Twitter @SlyckDotCom
Join Slyck's Facebook Fan Page
sunnyd

Postby jacq222 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:31 pm

toast should have been able to mount the file without renaming if it was a bin/cue or iso
renaming it to iso is a good way thks sunny
disk copy can also open the file but cannot burn it

i guess your mac is running on osx 10.4 or higher,just make sure your games are compatible
many mac games are for osx 9-which is not compatible unless you build a section for 9 on your mac.

do you want to mount a game in order to install it or because you want to simulate the cd/dvd
if second option,an easier way is to rename your my mac icon on the desktop to the exact name of
the game (once the game is install on your mac),it tricks the game by thinking the dvd is there

toast files are troublesomes by nature,better to find other format like dmg
jacq222

Postby SyLeNtTbRoWn » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:36 pm

Thanks guys !!! ... hahah im a bit of a mac moron at times i finally fig out the problem was that i had to mount the image then run the game .. ( i dint know ) lol ... windows mounts auto ... :p
Im no Super Guenious.... or are I??
SyLeNtTbRoWn

Return to Tech/Software Discussion