Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Music Notation Software

This is the forum to discuss tech-software related issues.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Music Notation Software

Postby Crimsonday » Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:52 pm

Hello
I've been away forever I know. But I've been studying hard the classical guitar. A fruitless exercise in terms of my economic standing :roll: I enjoy it though.

Well, an 'old' school buddy of mine liked a piece I played the other night for him. He doesn't read music, but can read Tabs. I goofed around with a freebie recently called AmazingMidi. I recorded the piece...imported the wav into AmazingMidi, and then imported it into GuitarPro5, hoping to score the Tab for him...but it was an absolute mess when the notation appeared. The notes were like all over the octaval spectrum. I downloaded Intelliscore as a demo...it records only the first fifteen seconds. Not a great advertisment as to its final ouput. Any suggestions from anyone who plays guitar, and likes to tinker around with such programs? Appreciate your thoughts and experience very much :)
Fortune favours no one really.
Crimsonday

Re: Music Notation Software

Postby Allflame » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:51 am

Try MagicScore Maestro. Though it supports only Midi, as a notation tool it's great! For the guitar there is virtual guitar deck that you can use to enter chords as well. There you have to select the duration for the notes you add. and the chords are entered in the specified location in the measure by clicking the desired guitar strings and frets.
Allflame

Return to Tech/Software Discussion