Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Google movin' like a snail

This is the forum to discuss tech-software related issues.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Google movin' like a snail

Postby Artie » Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:49 pm

I don't know if it's just me or not, but Google has been extremely slow all day today since I woke up. And certain subdomains and affiliates of Google are the same way too, such as googlesyndication and other x.google.com domains. Normally I would just think that Google was just doing maintenance, but something tells me it's something else. With a smaller site, I would expect it, but not with Google. A lot of sites, including Slyck, don't fully load for me now because it gets stuck on the Google ads. I know I could easily block the ads within the Hosts file, but the ads never bothered me. And I don't think it would be a DDoS since Google is too smart for such attacks.

Anybody else experiencing Google grinding to a halt, or is it just me? I'm sure it can't be just me.
Last edited by Artie on Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Artie

Re: Google

Postby Nutty-Slack » Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:15 pm

Slyck has adverts? :lol:

Been as quick today as usual for me.
I'd guess there's a blockage in the pipe somewhere between your computer and Google.

(Nice topic title BTW..... MrFred will likely pop in later to tear you a new one)
Last edited by Nutty-Slack on Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quibus Societas Nobis Intemporaliter
Nutty-Slack

Postby hurricanz » Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:16 pm

google is evil.. google is not your friend. Just like people praise Apple for saturating the market with crap that design groups thought up for them, Apple is NOT your friend.
hurricanz

Postby Google » Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:27 pm

hurricanz wrote:google is evil.. google is not your friend. Just like people praise Apple for saturating the market with crap that design groups thought up for them, Apple is NOT your friend.

I bet you're fun to be around at a party. How do girls react when you appoach them with such banter?

Right barrel of laughs, aint ya?

Google has created great innovations that benefit everyone. Apple has brought the market great products. (bar you, it would seem. Freak)
Google

Postby MrFredPFL » Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:31 pm

Nutty-Slack wrote:(Nice topic title BTW..... MrFred will likely pop in later to tear you a new one)

indeed. cmon artie, work with us, will ya? :lol: :P ;)
MrFredPFL

Re: Google movin' like a snail

Postby velatire » Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:46 pm

Flush your DNS, I know something has been up with google
velatire

Postby Artie » Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:47 pm

MrFredPFL wrote:
Nutty-Slack wrote:(Nice topic title BTW..... MrFred will likely pop in later to tear you a new one)

indeed. cmon artie, work with us, will ya? :lol: :P ;)

Ok, there. I changed it. Happy? :)

Maybe I'll go through a couple proxies tomorrow and see if it still happens. It could be true that it's just my pipeline as mentioned above, but too tired right now to test it. Frankly, I don't see why it would even be happening in the first place. All other sites work like normal.
Artie

Postby Durolex » Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:05 pm

Google wrote:
hurricanz wrote:google is evil.. google is not your friend. Just like people praise Apple for saturating the market with crap that design groups thought up for them, Apple is NOT your friend.

I bet you're fun to be around at a party. How do girls react when you appoach them with such banter?

Google has created great innovations that benefit everyone. Apple has brought the market great products. (bar you, it would seem. Freak)

I bet you google are fun to be around at a party. How do girls react when you appoach them with such banter?

Durolex

Re: Google movin' like a snail

Postby zim » Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:49 pm

The storm network is hitting several dozen sites around the world.

Many parts of the net will be slow until it stops.
zim

Return to Tech/Software Discussion