Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Vista protection or not ?

This is the forum to discuss tech-software related issues.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Vista protection or not ?

Postby Djgaz1 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:15 pm

Hi guys, ive burnt several dvd's using Vista, and if I try and copy a disk again directly form the disk it won't let me, is this vista drm at work or not, I have plenty of copying progs but nothing will read the disks after Vista has finished with them.

Any I deas guys.....?
Djgaz1

Re: Vista protection or not ?

Postby sinnocent » Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:49 pm

Guessing it's not vista - 2 systems running vista here (1 32bit home, 1 64bit ulitmate) - and never experienced anything like that. Copying dvds, protected or not, is pretty much the same as windows xp in the hows/any errors which show - and no vista drm problems whatsoever.

Maybe you'd get some better responses if you elaborated a little - any error messages? You say nothing will read the disk if you try to copy again - do you mean the disk you first burned is unreadable, or that the first disk is fine but any copy of it you make is unreadable? What prog are you using to burn? And what are you trying to burn - isos, data files, copy rented dvds lol - it'd help.

From your post, all i could guess at is try a solid burning prog like say vso copytodvd to create data disks, imgburn if you are burning isos etc.
sinnocent

Postby LANjackal » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:47 pm

Try rebooting. Some drives get screwed up during copying processes and have to be reinitialized.

Also, be more specific with the error message you're receiving. A screenshot would be nice.
Follow me around the internet!
[Windows 7 Pro x64 (Primary OS)
LANjackal

Location: Various networks. In the physical world I'm an adaptive AI that pretends to be human

Postby Djgaz1 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:17 am

Hi again guys, no the original burned disk plays fine both on Vist and a stand alone player, I uce clone dvd, nero burn, and ashampoo burning suite 6 and 7, although i usually use 6 for burning my downloads,you see I thought it maybe this DRM crap, but maybe its not, if I burn directly from the system I can burn as many as I want, but you cant keep films on the system forever..and ideas again guys. :(
Djgaz1

Postby LANjackal » Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:14 am

Again: you're not being specific. Exactly what error message are you seeing?
Follow me around the internet!
[Windows 7 Pro x64 (Primary OS)
LANjackal

Location: Various networks. In the physical world I'm an adaptive AI that pretends to be human

Return to Tech/Software Discussion