Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Avi converter

This is the forum to discuss tech-software related issues.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Avi converter

Postby darthlinux » Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:47 am

I need a avi converter that will convert an avi straight to dvd format any good software that will do that for me?
darthlinux

Postby maniac3000 » Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:05 am

I like and use VSO Convert X to Dvd.

Fast and easy.

Link

Lots of features :D
maniac3000

Postby MrFredPFL » Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:57 pm

darth: please read the forum rules and edit your subject line.

i wasn't going to say anything, as it's a minor issue - until i saw this other post of yours.

darthlinux wrote:I must say I think this thread should be locked not really needed as for an installer going missing get a life or a hobbie

handsome is as handsome does. if you want to start telling people how to act on a forum, i strongly suggest you respect the rules of that forum to begin with.

and no, that thread is not going to be locked. if it bothers you so much, here's an easy solution: stop reading it.
MrFredPFL

Postby darthlinux » Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:01 am

not to be cheeky fred but why reply to this thread to tell me about another thread that you didnt like my reply
darthlinux

Re:

Postby XMAN34 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:28 pm

maniac3000 wrote:I like and use VSO Convert X to Dvd.

Fast and easy.

Link

Lots of features :D
XMAN34

Re: Avi converter

Postby velatire » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:46 pm

I use WinAVI. Same massive amount of features, but it can also use any codec you have installed on your system. (I don't know if ConvertXtoDVD can do that)
velatire

Postby tiny4eva » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:08 am

Winavi is good, but i have a issue with it not using both of the cores on my dualcore AMD.
Sure its fast but nero does it at the same speed using both cores and i find most times it to be a better quality convert.

Dont ask me why because ill be completly honest in the fact i know nothing about the setting's. I just click buttons and blam i have a movie, If winavi used both core's i imagine it would kick the arse out of nero for speed as it always did on my old single core pc and i would use it again. But seen as it dont, and im enjoying the quality with nero taking the same amount of time, ill be sticking with that.

Maybe someone can tell me why nero's quality looks better than winavi, or why winavi doesnt use both core's. Ive checked that both core's are ticked when right clicking in ctrl+alt+del, an also the convert is a little jumpy on winavi, but i suspect that may be down to the fact it doesnt support the dualcore????? all guess's but yes any idea's?
Winmx, We wont sell out like them Scurvy infected Pirate Bay Boys

http://patch.winmxconex.com
tiny4eva

Re:

Postby anonomously2 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:15 am

darthlinux wrote:not to be cheeky fred but why reply to this thread to tell me about another thread that you didnt like my reply

Probably because this thread is the one you are currently paying attention to, :wink: Just a casual observation. :)
anonomously2

Postby AW » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:26 am

I've used all thee above and my 1st choice is always Xilisoft DVD Creator, 2nd is nero because if i got to go through all the set up config i trust nero a lot more.
Xilisoft does a nice job for me, Easy UI, 1,2,3, done.
"Any Society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both"- Benjamin Franklin
AW

Postby jokster » Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:06 am

convertx is pretty tidy, quick and very simple. it can covert anything i've ever thrown at including 720p mkv. if you want more control and something a bit more pro looking the best way is to convert the avi and audio yourself (with CCE and beSweet) and author with DVDlab pro - long and you have to learn quite a bit.
these days though i just stream everything to one of these
Capitalism Is Cannibalism
Resistance is fertile
jokster

Postby lordfoul » Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:40 pm

ConvertXtoDVD is super WinAVI is also pretty good but doesn't utilize multicore processors.
E-Thug - Cause talking shit in person is dangerous.
lordfoul

Postby velatire » Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:47 pm

WinAVI uses external codecs, so if you have encoders that have multicore support they will work. The official divx codec for example.
velatire

Postby lordfoul » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:24 pm

Thanx for the info fischju
E-Thug - Cause talking shit in person is dangerous.
lordfoul

Return to Tech/Software Discussion