Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Adobe Audition Is Changing My Windows Settings

This is the forum to discuss tech-software related issues.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Adobe Audition Is Changing My Windows Settings

Postby offthewall1 » Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:23 am

In windows I like to disable the option "Animate windows when minimizing and maximizing" (My Computer -> Properties -> Advanced -> Performance Settings). But each time I open Adobe Audition it re-enables it. So each time I finish using Adobe Audition I have to go back and change the setting (and it gets really annoying). So is there any way I can disable Adobe Audition from changing this?
offthewall1

Postby thejynxed » Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:53 am

Short answer: No

You are going to have to do a workaround by creating a shortcut to the system properties window that allows you to disable that option. You'll have to manually turn it off again each time you exit Audition. Sorry.

Other folks have had the same problem and Adobe doesn't see it as a priority fix issue (I spoke with their tech support). You can hope they fix it for version 2.1.

You can read this thread on their forums:
http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx ... bc3a563/2s
"FlickR is supposed to be weird, fun, experimental, way out-there -- oh no, wait, now that it's so close to being part of Microsoft, FlickR's supposed to bore people to death and empty their pockets while pretending to innovate." - Bruce Sterling
thejynxed

Postby offthewall1 » Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:35 pm

Aww man. :(
offthewall1

Return to Tech/Software Discussion