Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

TMPGEnc for vista Help

This is the forum to discuss tech-software related issues.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

TMPGEnc for vista Help

Postby ch1 » Mon May 21, 2007 8:35 am

Is there a TMPEGnc that will work with windows vista home prem. This is for encoding home movies from avi to mpeg so that it can be viewed on a stand alone dvd player. Ihave tried TMPEGnc 4 xpress and when i click on start windows says that the program has to close every time i try to convert an avi to mpeg or any other file and the files are good . thanks for the help
it has been a long time
ch1

Postby Hypnotoad » Mon May 21, 2007 8:44 am

I had a similar problem with Vista. I found out that you can use Super DVD creator to convert from AVI to VOB, but unfortunately Super DVD creator crashes if, in the same Super DVD creator session, you try to burn the movie(which should work). The solution is not to encode and burn in the same Super DVD creator session. Create your .vob files with Super DVD creator, then when it is finished use a new Super DVD creator session burn function to burn the vob files you created to disc.
Hypnotoad

Postby GraphiX » Mon May 21, 2007 10:00 am

Vista main design is to stop you doing all that in the future there is payloads put in place so the only media you can alter edit is open source.

and even that is now questionable

Vista microsoft dont want you format shifting they dont want you converting encoding/decoding they want you to buy the media in their protected formats which vista will be happy to allow you to play and watch.

but as for converting or video editing forget it.
GraphiX

Postby locotus » Mon May 21, 2007 10:08 am

There're some other software that could fit your needs
and furthermore: freeware.

1.-Diko free
2.-Super
3.-Quenc
4.-Hcenc.
5.-Avi2dvd

If you want more details, go to: doom9.org.
locotus

tmpgenc for vista help

Postby ch1 » Mon May 21, 2007 2:47 pm

thanks i will try it and is there a way to turn off are do anything ti let vista run these programs because i like tmpgenc and it works great making kvcd:s just wondering thanks again
it has been a long time
ch1

tmpgenc for vista help

Postby ch1 » Mon May 21, 2007 2:51 pm

I also use nero 7 which works great in vista to make dvd out of avi:s but that takes dvd:s no problem it also makes mpeg and most formats to dvd but i just was worndering if there is a tmpge out there that will work with vista thank for the info.
it has been a long time
ch1

Return to Tech/Software Discussion