Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Should I Buy The Extended Warranty?

This is the forum to discuss tech-hardware related issues.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Should I Buy The Extended Warranty?

Postby sunnyd » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:13 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2009/TECH/ptech/11/03/cnet.buying.extended.warranty/index.html

(CNET) - It's getting to be that time of year again: The leaves change, the temperature drops, and we redecorate our living rooms, desks, cars, and backpacks with shiny new electronics.

A recent survey by the Consumer Electronics Association found that respondents plan to spend, on average, $222 each on gadgets this holiday, an 8 percent increase over last year. And among teens and adults, computers and video games are the most wished-for items this year after clothing.

One of the grand traditions that goes along with buying electronics is being asked at the register, "Would you like to purchase the extended warranty?"
Follow Slyck on Twitter @SlyckDotCom
Join Slyck's Facebook Fan Page
sunnyd

Re: Should I Buy The Extended Warranty?

Postby Digital_Freedom » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:02 pm

I too asked this question, along with several others, about a new Ipod Santa is supposed to be getting me. The Ipod costs about $250, but has a coupon that takes of $26. So the $50 extended warranty cost more like $24 and from all of the reading I did, at least in this case, I feel it is worth $24 bux for all it covers for free for two years.

However I feel it varies from store to store and from product to product. It has been said that many stores make a lot of money off of extended warranties, so I always keep my eyes open for red flags.

Good luck.
D.F.
Digital_Freedom

Postby sunnyd » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:07 pm

DF, I was not asking the question personally, it was a general article for everyone as an FYI, but thanks for the good luck wishes, lol.
sunnyd

Postby Digital_Freedom » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:40 pm

sunnyd wrote:DF, I was not asking the question personally, it was a general article for everyone as an FYI, but thanks for the good luck wishes, lol.

haha- Yeah, *ahem* I realized that AFTER I clicked your tech link and read the story. lol

Sorry, I posted to fast.

My best!
D.F.
Digital_Freedom

Postby sunnyd » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:43 pm

:toast:
sunnyd

Return to Tech/Hardware Discussion