Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Connect To Fast Track

Discussions about the FastTrack network and any clients that connect to it
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Connect To Fast Track

Postby aelphaeis88 » Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:40 am

With Morpheus and KCEASY i can never connect to fast track, does anyone else get this problem ?

Why is it so ?
aelphaeis88

Postby Mrs. 2p » Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:21 am

I don't know about Morpheus..but you probably don't want to use that application anyways...

As for KCeasy, it has abandoned support for FT. However, you can still use it to connect if you install an older version (with FT support) first, and then upgrade from there. You can also install the newest version and add the FT plugin. I can't look it all up for you right now from work, but if you perform a search here or on the KCeasy forums, you should find the answer.

However, since you're here, I suggest you take a look around our forums, browse a bit, and find alternatives for the FT network, which has grown to be full of corrupt and low-quality files, fakes, malware and RIAA bots.
Blessed is the fool who dares giving advice, for he shall be wiser thanks to others' mistakes. J. M. Serrat
Don't you just love a good read?
Mrs. 2p

Postby Nessmaster » Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:40 am

If your looking for a client for FastTarck (which I wouldn't recomend) Kceasy would be a great one. I never used it for FT, just for Gnutella and giFT. But as 2pstudent said, you should look for alternatives to FT. I would recomend WinMx for MP3s, BitTorrent/eMule for movies and ISOs. And possibly (that is only possibly) Filetopia for a friendly community with a minimal amount of files, but a good place.
Nessmaster

Postby TDO » Mon Oct 11, 2004 8:05 am

I'd recommend Bittorrent .. ATM bittorrent covers around 85% of my downloading needs, and at astounding speeds might I add.

Bittorrent works more like edonkey then like kazaa, in the sense that you need to find sites to get what you want.
TDO

Postby Trev0r269 » Mon Oct 11, 2004 12:30 pm

At least with eDonkey you can still search and find what you want, the 3rd party sites are not needed although they do help immensely. I say this because lately I haven't used indexing sites for the eDonkey network, and I find what I want.
About his problem... morpheus and its connectivity is a rough subject. I've never noticed mldonkey connecting to fast track well at all...as far as kceasy under File, choose disconnect. then under File go to "expert control" i think it is called. it has an option for updating gwebcahces and nodes. That should help you out.
Trev0r269

Re: Connect To Fast Track

Postby miner » Mon Oct 11, 2004 2:13 pm

aelphaeis88 wrote:With Morpheus and KCEASY i can never connect to fast track, does anyone else get this problem ?

Why is it so ?

what version of kceasy are you using?
miner

Postby Fasterkaa » Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:09 pm

jjjjust ddddownlaod KKKKKKAZAA soooooo tttthere iiiiis nnnnno FFFFFFFFFFASTERKAA
Fasterkaa

Postby Allied » Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:11 pm

Theres no fasterkaa to begin with.
Allied's Review:
Recommended: LimeWire | Ares | Shareaza | eMule | KCeasy
Not Recommended: Morpheus | Kazaa | eDonkey2000 | Manolito | iMesh
Allied
Mostly Harmless

Location: Behind You Shoe Size: 11.008 BitTorrent: µTorrent Nationality: Canuckian Newsgroups: GrabIt

Postby Fasterkaa » Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:07 pm

LLLLLLLLAIR
im not PJ unless i say sumthing good about kazaa with out sssssstuttering
Then im unbiased_opinion
Fasterkaa

Postby Allied » Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:52 pm

I'm not a liar, I just can't find any proof that fasterkaa exists. Aside from your posts here and on FSP which also contain no proof.

If you want to shut me up and put me in my place by posting proof, now would be the perfect time.
Allied's Review:
Recommended: LimeWire | Ares | Shareaza | eMule | KCeasy
Not Recommended: Morpheus | Kazaa | eDonkey2000 | Manolito | iMesh
Allied
Mostly Harmless

Location: Behind You Shoe Size: 11.008 BitTorrent: µTorrent Nationality: Canuckian Newsgroups: GrabIt

Postby Nessmaster » Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:24 pm

Fasterkaa wrote:jjjjust ddddownlaod KKKKKKAZAA soooooo tttthere iiiiis nnnnno FFFFFFFFFFASTERKAA

enough with the crap! I think he got banned today.

Anyway, don't use clients that connect to Fast Track. And by the way Fasterkaa is a made up client by Fasterkaa (the user). If you want files of all sorts use Gnutella (I always think of Gnutella as mini me version of Fast Tarck, and since Kceasy connects to Gnutella it's a pretty goo client for you), but you might not find the files you want, so you may have to check out some other networks before you are satisfied. This is what I have acomplished so far:

WinMX - WinMX
eDonkey2K - eMule, eDonkey, Overnet
BitTorrent - BitTorrando, BitComet, Aruzawa (or however you spell it)
IRC - mIRC, Invison, AcidMax
Gnutella - KCeasy
Filetopia - Filetopia
Ants p2p - Ants

I curenntly use eMule to download software/movies and I usually get anywhere from 500mb-1gb download over a night (thats on cable connection)
Nessmaster

Postby Mrs. 2p » Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:33 pm

If you're after the odd mp3 or other small file, I think a great bet is Ares. It's not a hard transition from FT to Ares, as they work more or less similarly, and the network is pretty rich with files (a whole lot more so than ANts or Filetopia, I believe).
Blessed is the fool who dares giving advice, for he shall be wiser thanks to others' mistakes. J. M. Serrat
Don't you just love a good read?
Mrs. 2p

Postby Nessmaster » Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:04 pm

2pstudent wrote:If you're after the odd mp3 or other small file, I think a great bet is Ares. It's not a hard transition from FT to Ares, as they work more or less similarly, and the network is pretty rich with files (a whole lot more so than ANts or Filetopia, I believe).

Definatlly more than ants or FileTopia, but Ants provides security and FileTopia is just a great community if your into downloads from chat. Why,I once downloaded Shrek 2 overnight :)
Nessmaster

Return to FastTrack/Kazaa