Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

How do I install the Videolan to preview files in KLite?

Discussions about the FastTrack network and any clients that connect to it
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

How do I install the Videolan to preview files in KLite?

Postby Hypnotised » Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:11 am

I installed the Videolan codec in my Klite 2.4.3 a long time ago, and actually forgot how to do it. Duhr. I want to do this for a friend of mine. Does someone know the exact process, please?
Hypnotised

OK i figured it out...

Postby Hypnotised » Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:39 am

Install Videolan in its own directory in Program Files. In Klite go to Options/KLExtensions Options.
Go to Tools Menu. Click ADD. Type in C:\Program Files\VideoLAN/vlc.exe in the COMMAND LINE DIRECTORY. Click SAVE. Then APPLY. Simple, right? Just follow that and you'll be fine. VideoLAN seems to preview stuff that the built in Preview or AVI won't.
Hypnotised

Postby miner » Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:56 am

about 3 times now i have gotten videolan to play files that wouldn't play in bsplayer. i doubt any player can preview/play as well as videolan.
miner

Postby Mrs. 2p » Wed Sep 15, 2004 12:01 pm

Glad ot see you've worked it out, hypnotised!

Just a note: most codecs are integrated into videolan, so you'll rarely need one to watch a movie with that player. ...*player*: Videolan is not a codec.

It can view incomplete files, which is why you can associate it to other applications, such as k-lite or e-mule to view files that haven't been completely downloaded yet.

Thanks for posting the instructions! :D I'm sure it'll help other users. So I'm correcting the subject line and moving this thread over to Kazaa Lite. ;)
Blessed is the fool who dares giving advice, for he shall be wiser thanks to others' mistakes. J. M. Serrat
Don't you just love a good read?
Mrs. 2p

I agree

Postby Hypnotised » Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:19 pm

miner wrote:about 3 times now i have gotten videolan to play files that wouldn't play in bsplayer. i doubt any player can preview/play as well as videolan.

I agree. The other default player in KLite won't always preview especially if there's not enough K downloaded. VideoLAN ALWAYS previews no matter what or how little is there. Good call.
Hypnotised

Postby KLITETOOLS » Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:10 pm

guys that is because videolan has its own codecs and it will play dat files better also.
KLITETOOLS

Return to FastTrack/Kazaa