Slyck Chatbox - And More

~!Bad Issue I'm Having With K++ Need Help!~

Discussions about the FastTrack network and any clients that connect to it
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Postby AmericasBoyToy » Sat Sep 04, 2004 6:12 am

Okay,
I have been using K++ (Kazaa Lite ++) For a long while now without any complications I use WinXP and I have recently been without any anti virus or spyware programs for a while for reasons that don't really matter. But anyways, all of a sudden the other day durring the time when I had been seing a lot more spyware add up I wasn't able to load K++ correctly... *tear*

It shows the window and everything but the whole middle part is just white and I have tried uninstalling it and re installing it but it does the same exact thing... So I have been searching for new programs to get and I found ares as my top choice other than K++ which I would still wish to use if there is any way to get past all of this. If any of you have any ideas that might be able to help me or of any different versions of Kazaa that will also work it will be great. ^_^
~!An Actual Boy Toy That Cares!~ ^_^ Ooh And One That Is A Boy!!!
AmericasBoyToy

Postby DaBlade » Sat Sep 04, 2004 6:20 am

Try Kazaa Lite Tools K++Try installing it, and see if it works.
LinuxP2P.com - Share The Penguins!

"A life without knowledge is death in disguise." - Hans-Peter Geerdes
DaBlade

Postby SlyckChuck » Sat Sep 04, 2004 6:43 am

Simply put throw k lite or any kind of fastcrap in the trash like yesterday!! In the long run you will thank me. There are a plethora of other p2p apps in the forum sections. Like others you should move on and leave fastcrap applications in the trash where it belongs. :idea:
The 80's Still Rule
SlyckChuck

Postby AmericasBoyToy » Sat Sep 04, 2004 6:45 am

I went there and there are several things to download for addons for different p2p apps and there was a few that had interested me that might help me but they are likely to crash unless I do this specific thing and I didn't really want to do that heh... But anyways what exactly did you suggest I download from that site? Oh woops I should have done this on private... oh well hopefully someone will see this and see i'm still needing help. I'm new to this forum and it's been about 5 min and I got a reply... It's great!
AmericasBoyToy

Postby AmericasBoyToy » Sat Sep 04, 2004 6:48 am

I know this seems kind of stupid to put another reply on this topic right after I had jus replied again but anyways...
I am just going to deal with Ares right now and it seems to be working really good so far no complaints to much from what I have read about what people think of it. So this will be the end of this thread thanx for those replies you guys put on here ^_^ Laterz
AmericasBoyToy

Postby SlyckChuck » Sat Sep 04, 2004 6:52 am

Try ares lite..... :wink:
The 80's Still Rule
SlyckChuck

Postby DaBlade » Sat Sep 04, 2004 7:04 am

Also try WinMX and BitTorrent
The first is good for music, music vids, ebooks, flash movies/games and so on, and the second is good for larger files like CD/DVD iso's, movies, full albums etc...
LinuxP2P.com - Share The Penguins!

"A life without knowledge is death in disguise." - Hans-Peter Geerdes
DaBlade

Postby SlyckChuck » Sat Sep 04, 2004 7:34 am

I once used fastcrap. Then tried others. emule edonkey and many others, the app I get speeds I can accept arre found on ares lite. I do not normally advocare one app over another but A-L is the best I have come accross so far this yr. :idea:
The 80's Still Rule
SlyckChuck

Re: ~!Bad Issue I'm Having With K++ Need Help!~

Postby Ooble » Sun Sep 05, 2004 4:54 pm

ln_solitude wrote:Try ares lite..... :wink:

May I ask why? The only difference is it's lighter on your PC. You can uncheck the ad/spy/whatever-ware in the installation.
[code:1]char str[20];
scanf("%19s", &str);
if (!strcmpi(str, "Hello, world!"))
printf("Hello, programmer.\n");[/code:1]
Ooble

Location: Wouldn't you like to know, SlyckTom? Just so you can sell my address to the RIAA? No chance.

Postby AmericasBoyToy » Wed Sep 08, 2004 6:13 pm

*sigh* I have been looking at other P2P programs and nothing else seems to be of any interest to me I always could find what I wanted on the FT network it's my personal favorite and there just doesn't seem to be anything else that I can find that will measure up to it in my personal oppinion. So anyways I still havent found a way to get this situation resolved so if anyone has thought of anything else to fix it lemme kno... Thanx

^_^
AmericasBoyToy

Postby Mrs. 2p » Wed Sep 08, 2004 6:37 pm

If your bound to fasttrack, in spite of all the information you have found on these pages (can't imagine how :!: ), then try k-lite tools, like dablade says.

You can also use kceasy. FT support has been discontinued, but you can either load a plugin or install an older version first, and then the lates one on top of that.
Blessed is the fool who dares giving advice, for he shall be wiser thanks to others' mistakes. J. M. Serrat
Don't you just love a good read?
Mrs. 2p

Try this...

Postby Hypnotised » Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:53 pm

I can't imagine why you're not getting the full screen on KLite, but you mentioned you don't run spy/adware removal for some reason. You really should run Ad-Aware and Spybot once a week. And they're free. Also, go to this site and download what's called HIJACKFIX. It removes any and all spyware that the others may have missed including when you get your Home Page hijacked or a toolbar installed you can't get rid of. This may be the source of you original problem. Here's the link: http://www.sosdg.org/~cw/urls/urls.htm
Hope that works for you.
Personally, I've tried nearly every P2P program mentioned except for Ares Lite, and Klite seems to be the best one, for ME anyways. Good luck with that.
Hypnotised

Postby Mr. Alzheimer » Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:04 pm

You could try Mammoth... Never tried it, so I'm not sure if it's any good. (or if it's going to work on your computer)

By the way, where did he go, that guy who kept yelling Mammoth every time someone mentioned FastTrack?
Mr. Alzheimer

Postby Ooble » Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:34 pm

No idea, mate.

2pstudent wrote:You can also use kceasy. FT support has been discontinued, but you can either load a plugin or install an older version first, and then the lates one on top of that.

The second method's now inadvisable, as there's a new version (0.8.7) out. Just search for "MD5:23c0ca51021f0f521a5740ef78c85d21" on OpenFT (choose the Hash option).
[code:1]char str[20];
scanf("%19s", &str);
if (!strcmpi(str, "Hello, world!"))
printf("Hello, programmer.\n");[/code:1]
Ooble

Location: Wouldn't you like to know, SlyckTom? Just so you can sell my address to the RIAA? No chance.

Return to FastTrack/Kazaa