Slyck.com
 
Slyck Chatbox - And More

KLR actually died

Discussions about the FastTrack network and any clients that connect to it
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Postby KLITETOOLS » Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:11 pm

i can't belive you guys are hijacking such an important thread :cry:


so can i get my popcorn with no butter please, trying to lean down :D :D

who brought the soda???? :?: :?:
User avatar
KLITETOOLS
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2004 10:18 pm

Postby Allied » Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:18 pm

TDO wrote:
I wonder, was anyone actually crazy enought to read those "short" logs ? :).


I read them back when all this was first happening on FSP. But ricky took them down before I got a chance to respond.

/me passes the pepsi around

anyone got any cheese popcorn?
Allied's Review:
Recommended: LimeWire | Ares | Shareaza | eMule | KCeasy
Not Recommended: Morpheus | Kazaa | eDonkey2000 | Manolito | iMesh
User avatar
Allied
Mostly Harmless
 
Posts: 2170
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2004 11:23 pm
Location: Behind You Shoe Size: 11.008 BitTorrent: µTorrent Nationality: Canuckian Newsgroups: GrabIt

Postby Fowler » Thu Oct 07, 2004 1:28 am

TDO wrote:Hmmm.. the fame games of who's leeter haxor and what belongs to who and who's the "real" fake ..

Dunno .. all that means nothing to me - what I want to see is quality software.


That's about right.

:roll:
User avatar
Fowler
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2004 2:26 am
Location: Canada

KLR actually died

Postby SlyckChuck » Thu Oct 07, 2004 1:39 am

The bottom line is this application is dead in the water and yet the debate continues now 2 months later? It is cooked so let's move on already. :idea:
User avatar
SlyckChuck
 
Posts: 7025
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2004 12:57 pm
Location: On Earth

Postby Unbiased_Opinion » Thu Oct 07, 2004 1:49 am

Yea, I agree I_S.

I stil think this should happen with all of the Fasttrack clients.

Oh yes, I will take a large coke with my popcorn as well. :)
User avatar
Unbiased_Opinion
 
Posts: 5469
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2004 6:33 am
Location: US

Postby KLITETOOLS » Thu Oct 07, 2004 2:22 am

ok first off this thread is about klr begin fake which it is.

now my question is this, why for those of you who don't like or use klite can't just not use it?? why do you guys feel the need to smash klite?? i know fasttrack has a lot of fakes but not if you use verifieds. and yes i know that just because its verified it can still have corrupt sources because of the old ass hash system, but i have never got a corrupt verified yet, further more i find i can still find stuff with klite and with good speed, i still use it for movies and music with no problems.

i also use and have other p2ps also. but i dont' understand why everybody is forcing the issue, whats it to you?? don't like it?? np don't use it, live and let live, klite users are not getting in your way, if anything fasttrack is the main reason why edonkey and bittorrent are not under riaa attack so much, thats about to change soon tho as i see people getting letter for both of them too now :cry:


emmn can i get another refill on that pepsi :)

btw if any body thinks me haxor or sharedholder or i.am or any body else on the klt team is a fake then you don't know shit and you should not comment on peope you don't know. we are all standup guys and challenge and dare anybody to point to one thing in the past that we have lied about.
User avatar
KLITETOOLS
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2004 10:18 pm

KLR actually died

Postby SlyckChuck » Thu Oct 07, 2004 2:35 am

Simply put, it is open advice to others both experienced and new to avoid fastcrap for the simple reason besides the fakes, it is the prime target of those getting sued by the industry. Now how can you argue with that fact? Many advise this beside myself to avoid fastcrap like the plague.

If you can circumnavigate amongst the minefileds, more power to you but those new get caught in the wash. Those who heed advice here and other sites save themselves from being exposed, case closed.

I do not bash you KLITETOOLS, I advocate to avoid the application.
User avatar
SlyckChuck
 
Posts: 7025
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2004 12:57 pm
Location: On Earth

Postby TDO » Thu Oct 07, 2004 6:12 am

"anyone got any cheese popcorn?" - what's that ? cheese popcorn .. never heared of that ..

I don't usually bash teh kazaa net, it has it's uses, however, you must be more cautious on that network then others .. that's all.

All in all, kazaa is mostly for the newbs I'd say .. and, well - it sort of acts like a good "natural selection" sort of thing .. If all the leechers and newbs would go to edonkey net / bittorrent that'd be quite troublesome .. and besides, atleast the riaa isn't SO much on bittorrent's ass .. hell, if they ever touch bittorrent and my favourite anime sites I'll consider contacting my old russian contacts and buying nuclear weapons and then threaten to erase them off the map .. though they will probably laught since, just like TELEMARKETERS a nuclear strike won't help against them ...
TDO
 
Posts: 1715
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2004 4:03 am

Re: KLR actually died

Postby KLITETOOLS » Thu Oct 07, 2004 6:53 pm

ln_solitude wrote: it is the prime target of those getting sued by the industry. Now how can you argue with that fact?


easily

#1 the reason others are not getting sued is because riaa is busy with fasttrack. once they kill fasttrack do you think they just gonna go home?? no they are just gonna start on edky and bittorent and the rest.

#2 bittorrent users and edky users are already getting letters. so those are next.

#3 i think we should make a stand and not back down, runnig and using other networds is only a temp solution and in the long run they are going to hunt us down if we go that route.

if we were smart we would keep the riaa busy with fasttrack for ever (aka use fasttrack as shield)
User avatar
KLITETOOLS
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2004 10:18 pm

Postby Unbiased_Opinion » Thu Oct 07, 2004 7:03 pm

I would not touch Fastcrap with ten-foot pole. Making a stand now is totally pointless, unless FastCrap were to reinvent themselves. They need a much better hashing (like edonkey/emule) and to somehow get rid of the fake sh!t on there. They would need to post verified hash links. I could go on & on.

So if there is any program to make a stand for, it would be edonkey2000 (the network), and that's if it ever comes to that point.

Letters are just letters, court dates are a different matter. :idea:
User avatar
Unbiased_Opinion
 
Posts: 5469
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2004 6:33 am
Location: US

KLR actually died

Postby SlyckChuck » Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:03 pm

Thx U-O!!!

As for KLITETOOLS:


Read the writing on the wall fastcrap in goin down the tubes. The excuses you make are mere speculation and what I have said there are stories and facts to back it up. Just look at the top story in the main headlines: P2P Usage Up, ITIC Removes FastTrack's Crown If you can not come to grips with reality, you are in denial. KLR is dead and soon even your vaunted application will be a thing of the past.
User avatar
SlyckChuck
 
Posts: 7025
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2004 12:57 pm
Location: On Earth

Postby Allied » Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:13 pm

TDO wrote:"anyone got any cheese popcorn?" - what's that ? cheese popcorn .. never heared of that ..

Cheese pop-corn, its a store bought popcorn with a thin cheese flavouring on it. Theres a couple different br... wait, I want to see what KLITETOOLS says about I_S's post. I'll explain more in the intermission...
Allied's Review:
Recommended: LimeWire | Ares | Shareaza | eMule | KCeasy
Not Recommended: Morpheus | Kazaa | eDonkey2000 | Manolito | iMesh
User avatar
Allied
Mostly Harmless
 
Posts: 2170
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2004 11:23 pm
Location: Behind You Shoe Size: 11.008 BitTorrent: µTorrent Nationality: Canuckian Newsgroups: GrabIt

Re: KLR actually died

Postby KLITETOOLS » Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:47 pm

ln_solitude wrote:Thx U-O!!!

As for KLITETOOLS:


Read the writing on the wall fastcrap in goin down the tubes. The excuses you make are mere speculation and what I have said there are stories and facts to back it up. Just look at the top story in the main headlines: P2P Usage Up, ITIC Removes FastTrack's Crown If you can not come to grips with reality, you are in denial. KLR is dead and soon even your vaunted application will be a thing of the past.


ok you are just not getting the point, klr was never real for it to be dead to beging with.

you asked a question i answered it,no matter what you use, you can get sued by the riaa. unless you are on news groups.

to say don't use fasttrack because you will get sued is the dumbest thing i ever heard.

now a question for you, what are you planning on telling the noobs to use when fasttrack is over and they come after your un secure bittorrent and edky clients??


can i try some of that cheese popcorn?? i have never tried some before :D
User avatar
KLITETOOLS
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2004 10:18 pm

KLR actually died

Postby SlyckChuck » Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:54 pm

Typical arrogance calling new people using p2p "noobs". If anyone asks me what p2p app to use I say there are many applications in the Slyck forums. And yes I will suggest them not to use fastcrap.

Your arguments to use this type of application and say:
you asked a question i answered it,no matter what you use, you can get sued by the riaa. unless you are on news groups.
It has already been shown the majority of those sued used fastcrap, so keep on trying to sell your app as totally safe and act overly -defensive towards those who criticize it. The numbers already show that most users are using other apps and as you look on this thread alone many will no longer touch it. The spin doctoring you provide is amusing. FastTrack is dying. Try to spin your way out of that.
User avatar
SlyckChuck
 
Posts: 7025
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2004 12:57 pm
Location: On Earth

Postby Allied » Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:15 pm

/me passes out the Cheese popcorn
Image
Fastcrap seems to be exactly that. Fast downloads but alot of it is Crap like viruses and fakes. But thats still better than "your ip is currently blacklisted". I'm going down with the ship. I'm going to be shareing until I'm the last kazupernode. Running KLR 0.0.7.0. But I'm going to give KLT a try.
Allied's Review:
Recommended: LimeWire | Ares | Shareaza | eMule | KCeasy
Not Recommended: Morpheus | Kazaa | eDonkey2000 | Manolito | iMesh
User avatar
Allied
Mostly Harmless
 
Posts: 2170
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2004 11:23 pm
Location: Behind You Shoe Size: 11.008 BitTorrent: µTorrent Nationality: Canuckian Newsgroups: GrabIt

KLR actually died

Postby SlyckChuck » Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:34 pm

It is your choice Allied, just hope you dont get burned by too many viruses or bogus files.
User avatar
SlyckChuck
 
Posts: 7025
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2004 12:57 pm
Location: On Earth

Postby Fowler » Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:05 pm

Fasttrack is fast dying. Please lets move on.
User avatar
Fowler
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2004 2:26 am
Location: Canada

Re: KLR actually died

Postby KLITETOOLS » Fri Oct 08, 2004 2:45 am

ln_solitude wrote:Typical arrogance calling new people using p2p "noobs". If anyone asks me what p2p app to use I say there are many applications in the Slyck forums. And yes I will suggest them not to use fastcrap.

Your arguments to use this type of application and say:
you asked a question i answered it,no matter what you use, you can get sued by the riaa. unless you are on news groups.
It has already been shown the majority of those sued used fastcrap, so keep on trying to sell your app as totally safe and act overly -defensive towards those who criticize it. The numbers already show that most users are using other apps and as you look on this thread alone many will no longer touch it. The spin doctoring you provide is amusing. FastTrack is dying. Try to spin your way out of that.


dude i have no idea what your problem is, you must be mistaking klt with klr.

we/me never sold anything, never said it was safe.

you are just going on about bs. i mean do you think we are kids you are talking to??? ofcourse fasttrack has the most sued, it was the biggest network so the riaa has givin fasttrack most of its attention, lol, i mean wtf are you talking about,"fasttrack has the most sued" ya no da, realy?? as i said once they are done with fasttrack then what would you tell the new users to use?????

what do you think the riaa is going to do when fasttrack dies???

you are so busy pushing your agenda you don't even understand what i'm saying or where i'm coming from. open your eyes a little bit and understand what i'm saying. your argument is obsolite since its only a short term solution to a long term problem.

if we where to follow people like you we would have already been dead as a community.

all you people do is say use something else, today its "fastcrap sucks" tommarrow when the riaa go after edonkey its gonna be "edonkey crap sucks" then its gonna be bittorrent sucks" and so on and so forth, i mean there are only so many networks out there right now, how you gonna get people to follow from one the the other?? and even if you did you are going down a dead end anyways.

now that cheese popcorn is phat i wish i had heard about it earlier.

/me runs for soda, since we are running out.:)

brb :D :D
User avatar
KLITETOOLS
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2004 10:18 pm

Postby TDO » Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:18 am

Nothing arrogant in calling newbs newbs ... they are new to ..... and hence they are the newbs of .....

Now, "you are just going on about bs. i mean do you think we are kids you are talking to???"

To me atleast it does seem like there are a lot of kids talking in this thread :).

Let's picture a post-fasttrack world, so the fasttrack has finally died - it has happened pretty much as we anticipated, the newbs/leechers amount grew exponentially with the riaa's publicity - pretty much like they planned it all along.

After the "big explosion"(also known as fasttrack overflow and it's death) the newbs/leechers spread amongst other networks, the ones which were hit the harddest was the edonkey/bittorrent networks .. just like it was pre-written in the holy scripture.

Where the newbs/leechers went, the riaa/mpaa followed, not before long it seemed that it will be the end of those two mighty net-giants ...

*freeze this moment*

Ok - so kazaa died - and the users went to other networks, and with them the suing groups - it's pretty darn logical, what do you think happens next ?

*unfreezes time*

Edonkey and Bittorrent were never really meant to provide any security to the user, the craetors didn't want their apps to be used in such manners which will require security - and so people began leaving those networks as well - but where will they go ?

Ants, DC, underground IRC .. Newsgroups ... all of those networks were improved in those years to combat the riaa/mpaa cyber forces ...

*end story*

From there on we can speculate - however, fasttrack is a network which failed to adapt to the needs of the individual - security, and so it will die(or simply be a collection of leecehrs/newbs - nothing which anyone would want to get involved in).

Will other networks work ? who knows .. but they have much better chances, they protect their users more then fasttrack in any given day.

Playing the captain which sinks with his ship might sound romantic and everything .. but I never was the captain, and I have no feel for the ship - I just might blow a few more holes in it so it sinks faster - since I want to see what will happen next :) (naturally I have my safety belts, expending ship, and a jet plane).
TDO
 
Posts: 1715
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2004 4:03 am

Postby KLITETOOLS » Sat Oct 09, 2004 12:00 am

lots of noobs will not be able to use news group so the community will shrink alot.
User avatar
KLITETOOLS
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2004 10:18 pm

Postby iNaNimAtE » Sat Oct 09, 2004 12:30 am

Well everyone who has been successful getting their files off Newsgroups up until now won't have any problems later down the line... considering the userbase won't grow nor shrink too much anyway.
Attention P2P goers! Learn how to tag your media!
User avatar
iNaNimAtE
 
Posts: 5108
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 2:41 pm
Location: Olà.

Postby Unbiased_Opinion » Sat Oct 09, 2004 5:30 pm

Just to point out the obvious.

The RIAA and the likes thereof did not only go after FastCrap because of its size. It is incredibly easy to exploit, the hashing algorithm is at best shitty, and there is an enormous amount of unknowledgeable n00bs.

Kazaa, KLT, KLR, K-Lite, or anything that connects soley to the FastCrap network is going to hell in a handbasket and they need to move on. We applaud your effort to give users a 'clean' client, but, what they need now is a 'clean' network. :idea:
User avatar
Unbiased_Opinion
 
Posts: 5469
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2004 6:33 am
Location: US

KLR actually died

Postby SlyckChuck » Sat Oct 09, 2004 5:40 pm

U-O What is the use of trying to explain facts to a person who will twist it promoting their version of fastcrap? Let the fanboys of fastcrap believe that it is the best thing since sliced bread. I gave my advice and opinion after seeing fastcrap go in the toilet myself. It is no longer worth the waste of time. :idea:
Last edited by SlyckChuck on Sat Oct 09, 2004 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
SlyckChuck
 
Posts: 7025
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2004 12:57 pm
Location: On Earth

ares

Postby warchild » Sat Oct 09, 2004 5:40 pm

ares for mp3 its the solution
warchild
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2004 6:16 am

KLR actually died

Postby SlyckChuck » Sat Oct 09, 2004 5:41 pm

Ares is a good start! 8)
User avatar
SlyckChuck
 
Posts: 7025
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2004 12:57 pm
Location: On Earth

PreviousNext

Return to FastTrack/Kazaa

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

© 2001-2008 Slyck.com