Slyck.com
 
Slyck Chatbox - And More

KLR actually died

Discussions about the FastTrack network and any clients that connect to it
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Postby ElsaPaak » Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:50 pm

Unbiased_Opinion wrote:ElsaPaak just likes to stir sh!t up, as she is now. Boo.


I've noticed that you like to be stirred. Or you could be just too dumb, so dumb that you get riled every time? Now, where's the smart in that?
:evil:
.............\\\|////.......
.............\\ - - //.....
.............( @ @ )......
+oOOo== (_)== oOOo===+
"Anchovies, anchovies, you're so delicious, I love you more than all the other fishes" - Dawn Summers.
User avatar
ElsaPaak
 
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2004 5:06 am

Postby ElsaPaak » Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:01 pm

iNaNimAtE wrote:
TDO wrote:I would hypothesize that "high level" programming is done more by males then females because it's more mathematical - more consice science .. there have been done numerous tests on females and males and it was shown that things like decision making, logics and so on by the males are done more upon concise information, and by females more upon "gut sense" and so on - that whole thing was used by same guys to show why there are more males then females in most major concise sciences.

I think computers in general are just a guy thing. How many girls do we have on these fourms? 2? (Don't worry 2p, you're awesome.)

Also, they have done tests showing that the math taught in schools is comprehended better with the guys, because of the teaching method. Who knows... What's more interesting, is who exactly "they" really is?


This all reminds me of an article I read about IQ testing. It said: "Of course a pygmee from the Kalahari Dessert would laugh his ass off AT that particular test, since the IQ test don't contain any questions about finding water."

Now, do you all know what I mean to imply with this and what the relevance is to this thread, as in the quoted remarks and the, let's say, 4 or 5 posts before thát one?

Consider this question an ad-hoc IQ-test from me to all you little boys. Since y'all failed the grammar and the spelling test, in these here posts ... :P
.............\\\|////.......
.............\\ - - //.....
.............( @ @ )......
+oOOo== (_)== oOOo===+
"Anchovies, anchovies, you're so delicious, I love you more than all the other fishes" - Dawn Summers.
User avatar
ElsaPaak
 
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2004 5:06 am

Postby BigWillyStyle42 » Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:51 am

That's alright, you fail to say anything useful in any of your posts :P
BigWillyStyle42
 
Posts: 798
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2003 8:22 pm
Location: Rockville, MD

Postby ElsaPaak » Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:22 pm

if that was true, you should be my best friend. since we're not, it must be that you're not smart enough to detect anything useful ...

Like now. I've noticed you didn't come up with any answer. If you're so smart, give me an answer, or shut up. Or just admit you're not smart.
.............\\\|////.......
.............\\ - - //.....
.............( @ @ )......
+oOOo== (_)== oOOo===+
"Anchovies, anchovies, you're so delicious, I love you more than all the other fishes" - Dawn Summers.
User avatar
ElsaPaak
 
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2004 5:06 am

Postby Trev0r269 » Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:42 pm

TDO is making references to not one study, but many done over thelast few decades. It's widely accepted that generally, males are better at things like math, which have black and white definitive answers. Now of course any intelligent woman will not critique what TDO or myself have said because I used words like "generally" and we are talking about actual scientific data. No slander intended. Females have been found top be more apt at writing (journalism, creative writing, fiction).

Elsa,
Your last post explains how you had implied meaning in another previous post. There are many guys on this forum who are smart, but we can't read minds. I'm sure 2P can't either. I'm not saying you're dumb Elsa. I'm saying your posts make you look dumb due to lack of supporting detail and using implication far too often. It is ok though, I wasn't so smart at 15, especially when in comparison to college age people (like most of this forum is I believe). Also, sorry if my grammar wasn't perfect in this post.

ps - will kazaa please die.
Trev0r269
 
Posts: 584
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 7:53 pm
Location: Slow - hio

Postby Psycho Ced » Fri Feb 04, 2005 3:28 pm

Trev0r269 wrote:ps - will kazaa please die.


Yeah sure it will die ... sometime after flies & mosquitoes at picnics, the common cold, trolls, Malware, fakes...and any other pests you can think of.
Last edited by Psycho Ced on Fri Feb 04, 2005 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Psycho Ced
Psycho+
 
Posts: 5892
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2003 2:52 pm
Location: Relative to where?

Postby nms04 » Fri Feb 04, 2005 3:31 pm

it will not die, it's already dead!!
.
User avatar
nms04
 
Posts: 354
Joined: Thu May 27, 2004 10:37 am
Location: Nowhere

Postby Allied » Fri Feb 04, 2005 3:41 pm

Fasttrack is like a zombie(the resurrected dead). Even if you were to chop off the head the body would keep walking around.
Allied's Review:
Recommended: LimeWire | Ares | Shareaza | eMule | KCeasy
Not Recommended: Morpheus | Kazaa | eDonkey2000 | Manolito | iMesh
User avatar
Allied
Mostly Harmless
 
Posts: 2170
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2004 11:23 pm
Location: Behind You Shoe Size: 11.008 BitTorrent: µTorrent Nationality: Canuckian Newsgroups: GrabIt

Postby Psycho Ced » Fri Feb 04, 2005 3:43 pm

Then there are alot of undead users out there....Or at least brain-dead users out there. I wonder how many fasttrack users are actually using KaZaA.
User avatar
Psycho Ced
Psycho+
 
Posts: 5892
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2003 2:52 pm
Location: Relative to where?

Postby Trev0r269 » Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:38 pm

I guess its kind of like shooting and elephant or killing a whale. Gotta shoot it in the head and heart like 5 times a piece and then still wait like half hour for it to do...only it'll take more than a half hour for kazaa...
Trev0r269
 
Posts: 584
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 7:53 pm
Location: Slow - hio

Postby Allied » Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:20 pm

I guess Fasttrack could have low points and high points at different times. Maybe one day all the computers that just host fake mp3's will be turned off by whoever owns them. And if Kaazaa were to include a virus scannerfor that would delete files as they were being downloaded and uploaded.And if hell froze over. And if leeches everywhere realized that shareing is a must.

Then Fasttrack could be reborn. And apps like KLR, KLT and K-lite would again be worthly of a thread on Slyck.
Allied's Review:
Recommended: LimeWire | Ares | Shareaza | eMule | KCeasy
Not Recommended: Morpheus | Kazaa | eDonkey2000 | Manolito | iMesh
User avatar
Allied
Mostly Harmless
 
Posts: 2170
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2004 11:23 pm
Location: Behind You Shoe Size: 11.008 BitTorrent: µTorrent Nationality: Canuckian Newsgroups: GrabIt

Postby ElsaPaak » Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:27 am

Trev0r269 wrote:TDO is making references to not one study, but many done over the last few decades. It's widely accepted that generally, males are better at things like math, which have black and white definitive answers. Now of course any intelligent woman
Ya gotta love the implication here.
Trev0r269 wrote:will not critique what TDO or myself have said because I used words like "generally" and we are talking about actual scientific data.


Dear boy, the fact that these "actual" scientific data were gathered and interpreted by men, is reason enough to be wary and critical of them. Sigh.

During world war II, there was "actual scientific data" that Asians were "racially" unable to fly airplanes very well. Pearl Harbor sure did send those 'actual scientists' back to the drawing board ...

You can also make a claim that women are 'in general' very bad at being medical doctors. If you only look at the number of medical doctors in the West. If you then realize that 80 percent of the medical doctors in Russia/Soviet Union are/were women, you might wanna reconsider making silly statements about 'actual scientific data'.

But hey, you're from Ohio, right? (Oooh, look what I just did, I made a derogatory statement about Ohigh-ans!!! ;) )

Now really, another IQ-test is in order (don't you claim to be intelligent? if not, then not): How do you account for huge difference in numbers of female medical doctors in the West and in Russia?

Trev0r269 wrote:No slander intended. Females have been found top be more apt at writing (journalism, creative writing, fiction).

I'll give you that maybe no slander was intended but all this talk of women are good at one thing and males at another, sure reeks of sexism to me. Since you were brought up in Ohio, I suspect that that wasn't a specific sexism-aware environment. I'll grant you that.

Trev0r269 wrote: I'm not saying you're dumb Elsa.

!!!!
DRRRINGG - the hypocritical meter just went through the roof. Be honest.

Trev0r269 wrote:I'm saying your posts make you look dumb due to lack of supporting detail and using implication far too often. It is ok though, I wasn't so smart at 15,

Either hypocritical or contradicting himself here.

Trev0r269 wrote:Also, sorry if my grammar wasn't perfect in this post.

Sarcasm from Ohio is what we really need ... ;)
Trevor, it's just rather disconcerting to see somebody claim intelligence with lousy grammar. I'd hoped you'd understand... sigh.
Still, i gotta give you points since you haven't been as flammatory towards me as some here on this board. Keep it up, who knows, we might be civil to each other yet.
Trev0r269 wrote:ps - will kazaa please die.

Will somebody please figure out a way to get the 2.5 million Kazaa users on a clean secure network? Perhaps all the smart boyz on this board?
That many users is not something to be sneezed at. Although some snobs would like to, I'm sure.
.............\\\|////.......
.............\\ - - //.....
.............( @ @ )......
+oOOo== (_)== oOOo===+
"Anchovies, anchovies, you're so delicious, I love you more than all the other fishes" - Dawn Summers.
User avatar
ElsaPaak
 
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2004 5:06 am

Postby nms04 » Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:09 am

Psycho Ced wrote:Then there are alot of undead users out there....Or at least brain-dead users out there. I wonder how many fasttrack users are actually using KaZaA.


i would say too many!! nobody want's to use grokster and the opensource fasttrack alternatives (giFT clients, mammoth) aren't unfortunately (or lets say fortunately) that popular
.
User avatar
nms04
 
Posts: 354
Joined: Thu May 27, 2004 10:37 am
Location: Nowhere

Postby Trev0r269 » Sat Feb 05, 2005 5:47 pm

Elsa,
Thanks for the Ohio joke, very imaginitive. I can tell you're a very worldly and mature person at 15. As far as us being civil, no. However, I will stay away from you on these forums or any other and I imagine with your not so positive opinion of me, I won't get your attention. Very frankly I think you're some kind of ignorant, subborn, feminist who isn't very friendly. You can't say anyone who has said something mean to you did it because you're female. We all love 2P.

I hope I only said what was on my mind and the minds of others.
Trev0r269
 
Posts: 584
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 7:53 pm
Location: Slow - hio

Postby ElsaPaak » Sat Feb 05, 2005 6:56 pm

Trev0r269 wrote:Elsa,
Thanks for the Ohio joke, very imaginitive.
i'm glad you liked it. Touched a nerve there, huh?
Trev0r269 wrote: I can tell you're a very worldly and mature person at 15.

Sigh. I can tell you don't read very well.
Trev0r269 wrote:As far as us being civil, no.
Well, at least I tried, pity.
Trev0r269 wrote:( ... bla bla ...) You can't say anyone who has said something mean to you did it because you're female.
I did not imply that, (but we've established that you can't read, haven't we?) I implied that you have a different view on women than on men BECAUSE they're women. I've challenged you, because of your claim of 'actual science' which i think is suspect at best. Gimme a solid argument, and stop crying already.
Trev0r269 wrote:I hope I only said what was on my mind and the minds of others.
There now, feel better? ;)
I hope you're not this oversensitive IRL, or your life wil really suck. Good luck with that.
I guess now the only thing we can do is wait for slyck to close yet another thread because some sensitive male ego is bruised ... ;) God, where are the REAL men? Sigh.
.............\\\|////.......
.............\\ - - //.....
.............( @ @ )......
+oOOo== (_)== oOOo===+
"Anchovies, anchovies, you're so delicious, I love you more than all the other fishes" - Dawn Summers.
User avatar
ElsaPaak
 
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2004 5:06 am

Postby Psycho Ced » Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:57 pm

ElsaPaak wrote:
I guess now the only thing we can do is wait for slyck to close yet another thread because some sensitive male ego is bruised ...

Or to just ban this girl, to whom we all love so much to pick on, as yet another act of unjustified abuse.
:cry: ............> Image ............> Image ............> Image ............> Image
User avatar
Psycho Ced
Psycho+
 
Posts: 5892
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2003 2:52 pm
Location: Relative to where?

Postby ElsaPaak » Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:14 pm

Yeah, our Friendly Neigbourhood Board N... did already cancel ALL my nice polls, which i had worked on for 2 hours to create. (this must please my enemies to no end)
But maybe you're right, if I'm gone who will spice up their life? But some men just can't stand the fact that a girl is smarter than they are. Ask me if I care.
:shrugs:
:wink:
.............\\\|////.......
.............\\ - - //.....
.............( @ @ )......
+oOOo== (_)== oOOo===+
"Anchovies, anchovies, you're so delicious, I love you more than all the other fishes" - Dawn Summers.
User avatar
ElsaPaak
 
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2004 5:06 am

Postby Psycho Ced » Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:51 pm

Allow me to offer some friendly (non-implicable) advise;
If there is a man who can not accept the fact at any particular women is superior to him in any possible way;
An intelligent women (or even another intelligent man) would not waste too much of their time with them. If they can not grasp such a simple concept, then they are clearly beyond hope.

Anyways I don't think you have any enemies on this site; no more then the rest of us. At worst you have a lot of people who don't understand you. Obviously you should challenge anything and every thing you don't agree with. But when you insult people (and yes some people can't take a joke) you give them an out; and they can turn a losing argument into a flame throwing contest.
:wink:


About your poll it was kind of rude. You said you would laugh at people who did not get what you meant. I know Tom would not have let anyone else do that. Also, you called someone or some people a geek. Not a bad idea though {the poll}. Just next time remember "geeks" don't like to be reminded of their social statues.
User avatar
Psycho Ced
Psycho+
 
Posts: 5892
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2003 2:52 pm
Location: Relative to where?

Postby ElsaPaak » Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:52 pm

Thanks Psycho,
I regret that my poll, or rather the message was mis interpreted. I'm baffled that people still don't see that I'm a geek and proud to be one. I actually have a jacket with the text "Does it hurt to be a nerd?" since that's the slogan of the Science Dept. social club. So ... But what ever. I've known people like littlewilly and Oh Oh opinion IRL, and they usually try to vent their insecurity, by indiscriminate and extrema reaction to anyone who dares to criticize them, especially women. Who cares!
.............\\\|////.......
.............\\ - - //.....
.............( @ @ )......
+oOOo== (_)== oOOo===+
"Anchovies, anchovies, you're so delicious, I love you more than all the other fishes" - Dawn Summers.
User avatar
ElsaPaak
 
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2004 5:06 am

I Like Kazaa Lite Resurrection 0.0.7.6F

Postby earlymusic1925 » Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:50 pm

I was looking over all the posts of this group and am frustrated over all the bickering. It would be nice if we all worked for the common goals of file-sharing. We are all in this together. Let us be more supportive of each other regardless of what programs we like. I like Kazaa Lite Resurrection because of all the people on there, as I'm trying to keep alive all the recordings that were made before 1925. I'm sharing around 7000 songs on three different computers under the user names of philcord, public domain and earlymusic1925. Type in Ada Jones and when you find me, do a "find more from the same user" to see all my recordings. I also want to say I love the super nodes on KLR.
earlymusic1925
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:59 pm

Postby Unbiased_Opinion » Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:24 pm

Couldn't you wait just 6 more days for the 1 year aniversary since the last post was submitted :?:

Thanks for ruining it!

EDIT: Yea ok, 7 days if you want to count today as a complete day. :P
User avatar
Unbiased_Opinion
 
Posts: 5469
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2004 6:33 am
Location: US

Postby Vulture » Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:49 pm

EDIT: taken in by the troll. Out before the lock.
Last edited by Vulture on Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
selenographer razored won't be a googlewhack for long.
User avatar
Vulture
 
Posts: 933
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2004 9:30 am

Postby IceCube » Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:23 pm

It's nice how earlymusic is able to use the 'Copy' and 'Paste' feature on his/her computer...

Other Thread wrote:It would be nice if we all worked for the common goals of file-sharing. We are all in this together. Let us be more supportive of each other regardless of what programs we like. I like Kazaa Lite Resurrection because of all the people on there, as I'm trying to keep alive all the recordings that were made before 1925. I'm sharing around 7000 songs on three different computers under the user names of philcord, public domain and earlymusic1925. Type in Ada Jones and when you find me, do a "find more from the same user" to see all my recordings. I also want to say I love the super nodes on KLR.
User avatar
IceCube
 
Posts: 17079
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:31 pm
Location: Igloo Country?

Postby Vulture » Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:42 pm

Ok, looks like I was trolled good 'n' proper.
selenographer razored won't be a googlewhack for long.
User avatar
Vulture
 
Posts: 933
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2004 9:30 am

Postby SlyckScratch » Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:14 pm

Wasn't the plan to avoid responding to people who bump old threads needlessly so as not to draw further attention?
I know what you're thinking, punk. You're thinking, 'Did he use six superfluous adjectives or only five?' To tell the truth I forgot myself in all this excitement - but as I deal in English, the most powerful language in the world with subtle nuances that may blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' Well do you punk?
User avatar
SlyckScratch
 
Posts: 8412
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:31 am
Location: D>E>X

Previous

Return to FastTrack/Kazaa

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
© 2001-2008 Slyck.com