Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

K-Lite is Dieing..

Discussions about the FastTrack network and any clients that connect to it
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

K-Lite is Dieing..

Postby ROCKAMANIAC » Sun Jul 11, 2004 11:40 am

Supernode problems causing K-lite users to stick with 95,000 users only..

haha.. I guess Slyck were right..
ROCKAMANIAC

Postby Drake » Sun Jul 11, 2004 11:44 am

You're right. I just started Klite and only connected to 93k users. FastTrack's userbase is going to plummet once all the Klite users stop using their network.
Drake

Postby miner » Sun Jul 11, 2004 11:48 am

me too. only showing 99,000 users on kazaa lite tools k++. wow, k-lte at less than 100K and imesh at 0. the times, they are a changing. :D
miner

Postby Juggalo15 » Sun Jul 11, 2004 11:57 am

heh, tis a sad day, I hope this gets resolved. I know K-lite may not be popular in a lot of peoples eyes for it runs on fasttrack but it did get me started so i have a soft spot for it.
Juggalo15

Postby HouseCrowd » Sun Jul 11, 2004 12:01 pm

Getting around 2.4 million here with K Lite or KCEasy :?
There are 10 types of people in the World; those who understand binary, and those who do not.
HouseCrowd

Postby ROCKAMANIAC » Sun Jul 11, 2004 12:06 pm

Juggalo15 wrote:heh, tis a sad day, I hope this gets resolved. I know K-lite may not be popular in a lot of peoples eyes for it runs on fasttrack but it did get me started so i have a soft spot for it.

Its been going on for two weeks now.. its an issue with K-lite users.. even K-lite 2.6 ...

I'm hoping there is a new story by Slyck on this.. the last one they did is coming true.. http://www.slyck.com/news.php?story=339

Most Kazaa users are fine.. they get 2.6 m.. but however you have to jump supernode alot of times on Klite to get there but then again it falls..
ROCKAMANIAC

Postby Drake » Sun Jul 11, 2004 12:07 pm

I jumped supernodes a few times and I'm now connected to 2.2 million users.

Has anyone else noticed that absurd amount of files being shared on the network? There's over 1.5 billion files. It used to be around 800 million at a time when the average userbase was over 4 million users.

MediaSentry must be spending more time distributing fakes.
Drake

Postby ROCKAMANIAC » Sun Jul 11, 2004 12:09 pm

Drake wrote:I jumped supernodes a few times and I'm now connected to 2.2 million users. .

Yeah it goes down overtime.. been experienceing it for 2 weeks..
ROCKAMANIAC

Postby ROCKAMANIAC » Sun Jul 11, 2004 12:12 pm

Here's a solution I found from the K-lite forum..

You could use a connection monitoring program (or Window's NETSTAT even!) to see what Supernode you connect to. You may need to PAUSE all your unfinished downloads and turn off sharing to prevent confusing the supernode with your downloads/uploads connections. The supernode will probably be the only established connection while the downloads and uploads attempts will be in various close states if they don't successfully make a connection.

Then ALWAYS block that supernode ip and probably even block an ip range.

Chances are, they've (they=BSA/MPAA/RIAA) have poisoned the supernode lists used to connect!

If in fact these are the Kazaa Lite users mini-network, you could prove that by a couple searches and downloads -- thus eliminating accidentally blocking a legitimate part of the network.
ROCKAMANIAC

Postby Drake » Sun Jul 11, 2004 12:13 pm

Yeah I just noticed that I'm back down to under 90k users. I haven't used Klite much in the past 6-8 months but it's too bad that Sharman has found a way to pretty much render it useless.

Hopefully a new version of klite will come out soon.
Drake

Postby Drake » Sun Jul 11, 2004 12:15 pm

Chances are, they've (they=BSA/MPAA/RIAA) have poisoned the supernode lists used to connect!

That's right...wasn't there a vulnerability that allowed someone to disrupt the supernodes? I remember something similar happening when I was using an older version of Kazaa Lite.
Drake

Postby tm, » Sun Jul 11, 2004 12:42 pm

Another easy solution - just become a supernode. When I did this (K++ has 2 separate boxes to check/uncheck) I went from 90 thousand to 2.2 million users.

It is probably that very few K-lite users have supernode ability turned on. I think more people need to do this.
tm,

kazaa lite having problems

Postby fire01 » Sun Jul 11, 2004 1:29 pm

Yes i noticed then when i connect to supernodes it's get me around 2.3 millions users and then a minute later comes back down around 92000 users.

And yes i noticed it's a little starnge the unbeleivable amount of files being sahred i noticed last night these number 2 millions users online sahring 2 billions files. Out of those 2 billions 1.5 billion must be fake files sent by compagnies. The real number should be aruond 500 millions considering many have left kazaa network (over 2.5 millions people). The only reason i use kazaa is to download current and classic cartoons shows and right now kazaa is the only place where you can find entire series of cartoon shows like transformers Gijoe He-man.
fire01

Postby Mrs. 2p » Sun Jul 11, 2004 1:36 pm

have you tried the ed2k network with http://www.sharetv.net? great for tv shows (including cartoons) and I believe I saw He-Man posted a while back! :wink:
Blessed is the fool who dares giving advice, for he shall be wiser thanks to others' mistakes. J. M. Serrat
Don't you just love a good read?
Mrs. 2p

Postby mattster » Mon Jul 12, 2004 3:44 am

This isn't just a problem with KaZaA Lite! The same thing is happening with the official KaZaA Plus 2.6. I suspect copyright enforcement agencies, but I can't see this being legal because it might block legitimate use.
mattster

Postby tm, » Mon Jul 12, 2004 4:59 am

K++ is working better than it might seem. As a leaf, it connects as 90k users, but do a search, and it gets a full network of results - probably because K++ hops nodes as it searches. In a few minutes, I am back up to the full 2 million users.

Funny thing is that right now eMule is showing more users (2.3 million) than the once mighty Fasttrack :D
tm,

death of a speedster...

Postby moculon » Mon Jul 12, 2004 5:02 am

shame it does appear the user base has been hit hard by something other than a seasonal trend. presumably some sort of dos attack. ed2k is also vulnerable to servers being taken out in this way so i hope it doesn't become a feature of p2p in the way dos attacks are becoming very common on irc servers.
'just because you feel it, doesn't mean it's there' radiohead.
moculon

K-Lite is Dieing..

Postby SlyckChuck » Mon Jul 12, 2004 6:58 am

I have noticed the same thing but here is an interesting question. Would you think it cut down on the bogus or fake files?
The 80's Still Rule
SlyckChuck

Re: K-Lite is Dieing..

Postby tm, » Mon Jul 12, 2004 7:37 am

ln_solitude wrote:I have noticed the same thing but here is an interesting question. Would you think it cut down on the bogus or fake files?

Absolutely.

There are only a handful of major spewers of fake files on the network. By this I mean the ones on T3 lines - each serving up several thousand fake files. Because they have such a big upload pipe, these will usually be the files you get first, often at full download speed and unqueued. A smaller sub-network is likely to eliminate some or all of these major saboteurs. Similar to using a good IP block list.
tm,

Re: K-Lite is Dieing..

Postby ROCKAMANIAC » Mon Jul 12, 2004 7:38 am

ln_solitude wrote: Would you think it cut down on the bogus or fake files?

No i doubt it.. its being said that these 90k users are K-lite users..

Thats alot of users using K-lite.. :)
ROCKAMANIAC

Postby Mel_Smiley_VIP » Mon Jul 12, 2004 7:55 am

Sounds like it may turn out to be a good thing! K-lite being its own network may rule!
You see us as you want to see us...
In the simplest terms, in the most
convenient definitions.
Mel_Smiley_VIP

Postby tomy » Mon Jul 12, 2004 8:50 am

ROCKAMANIAC wrote:Here's a solution I found from the K-lite forum..

You could use a connection monitoring program (or Window's NETSTAT even!) to see what Supernode you connect to. You may need to PAUSE all your unfinished downloads and turn off sharing to prevent confusing the supernode with your downloads/uploads connections. The supernode will probably be the only established connection while the downloads and uploads attempts will be in various close states if they don't successfully make a connection.

Then ALWAYS block that supernode ip and probably even block an ip range.

If in fact these are the Kazaa Lite users mini-network, you could prove that by a couple searches and downloads -- thus eliminating accidentally blocking a legitimate part of the network.

Can you give a link to that thread?
tomy

it's seems it's back to normal

Postby fire01 » Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:16 am

K-lite seems to be working fine this morning has i am log to 2.3 millions users constently and not back down to 91000 users.

I was gonna check it out if it does the same problem whit kmd v 2.6 when i saw a comment on this forum that said that it does the same problem whit kmd.

The main problem whit this might be the fakes files cause i found absurd that there is now over 2 billions file shared or it could be that someone is messing up the supernodes because supernodes communicates whit each other.
fire01

Shedding some light.

Postby ashton » Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:17 am

ok, as i told SlyckTom back in December the makers of kazaalite messed up in 2 ways, one they disabled supernode promotion by default, 2 kazaalite is based on an old version of the FT Stack that does not have the 0XA9 encryption type, now... Supernodes running the latest stack are requiring 0XA9 or else you cannot establish a session so you keep iterating your supernode list until you can connect to a prior 0XA9 supernode, thus the network has been forever fragmented, kazaalite nodes are being pushed into their own own fasttrack network, however clients like KCEasy and XFactor which support 0XA9 have no issues at all. In closing... because the protocol is the same the network is getting scrambled and really messy(slow), you may occasionally connect to the main network and it is possible for a legit Kazaa client to connect to the segregate portion of the FastTrack network.

EDIT: I forgot to add in that iMesh Supernodes use the old fasttrack stack as well because their FT license has been terminated however because the function disable_networklicense has been removed from the FastTrack stack because the recording industry would be able to proove they could shut FT down iMesh gets to ride fasttrack for free.
Last edited by ashton on Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
"There is a very thin line between genius and madness"
-Julian
ashton

Postby tm, » Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:21 am

This supernode problem is only a very minor irritant - and very easily fixed.

If you use KaZuperNodes, you can test out all supernodes, add new nodes or delete bad nodes from list, and connect to any supernode of your choice. Getting back the full fasttrack network is quick and easy - if you really want it ...

Anyway, small networks can have their advantages. For one thing, if you can find what you are looking for, downloads are generally a lot faster the smaller the network.
tm,

Next

Return to FastTrack/Kazaa