Slyck.com
 
Slyck Chatbox - And More

Remove FT/KaZaA forum?

Discussions about the FastTrack network and any clients that connect to it
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Do you want to Slyck remove FT/KaZaA forum?

Yeah!
27
41%
No!
30
45%
I dont care!
9
14%
 
Total votes : 66

Postby P2P_G » Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:42 am

Sacky wrote:Kazzaa and Fastrack are bad certainly, but they are still used by a lot of people, we can't just deny an important part of the P2P world because it sucks


Kazaa and fasttrack isn't going to die? :roll: the network will shut down soon.
Piracy Will Never Die.
User avatar
P2P_G
 
Posts: 2783
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:27 pm

Postby Myrak » Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:05 am

You can't just 'shut down' a network, people will still (unwittingly) use the clients to connect to the network. Isn't that the whole point of the "you can't stop P2P" chanting that goes on here?
Myrak
 
Posts: 868
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:44 am

Postby P2P_G » Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:08 am

Myrak wrote:You can't just 'shut down' a network, people will still (unwittingly) use the clients to connect to the network. Isn't that the whole point of the "you can't stop P2P" chanting that goes on here?


Yeah but the origial kazaa media desktop won't connect to the network soon, k-lite maby will but then the network be a lot smaller and stuff... i don't even call fasttrack a p2p network cuz the stuff on ft is on drm'd shit :P
Piracy Will Never Die.
User avatar
P2P_G
 
Posts: 2783
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:27 pm

Postby Buchreitz » Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:16 am

Yeah but the origial kazaa media desktop won't connect to the network soon, k-lite maby will but then the network be a lot smaller and stuff... i don't even call fasttrack a p2p network cuz the stuff on ft is on drm'd shit


I think it will connect to the FT-network, only it will be heavily filtered and search-results and downloads will be scrutinized severely.
Buchreitz
 
Posts: 133
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:04 am

Postby Sacky » Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:16 am

Its not shutdown yet, and nobody knows for certain that it will be, until it is shut down this forum section should remain
No Message here...
Sacky
 
Posts: 257
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:54 am

Postby jim241 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:18 am

eDonkey2K 3,108,066
FastTrack 2,848,606
Gnutella 2,219,539
Overnet 645,120
Filetopia 3,405


P2P_G, the stats speak for themselves. A network of 2,848,606 users (2nd biggest) must have some sort of influence on p2p therefore the forum is relevant.
User avatar
jim241
 
Posts: 124
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:17 pm
Location: UK

Postby P2P_G » Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:09 am

jim241 wrote:
eDonkey2K 3,108,066
FastTrack 2,848,606
Gnutella 2,219,539
Overnet 645,120
Filetopia 3,405


P2P_G, the stats speak for themselves. A network of 2,848,606 users (2nd biggest) must have some sort of influence on p2p therefore the forum is relevant.


:lol: Who belives the fasttrack stats these days, like nobody uses fasttrack :/ Btw, gnutella is bigger and so is bittorrent.
Piracy Will Never Die.
User avatar
P2P_G
 
Posts: 2783
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:27 pm

Postby Mrs. 2p » Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:57 am

I know lots of people who use FT. it's not on their main machine, they don't need particularly high quality files (their ears couldn't quite tell the difference), they're not looking for anything out of the ordinary, and they can't be bothered with learning to use something else. I've tried to explain, but they simply don't see why they should spend any time if things are fine for them the way they are.
Blessed is the fool who dares giving advice, for he shall be wiser thanks to others' mistakes. J. M. Serrat
Don't you just love a good read?
User avatar
Mrs. 2p
 
Posts: 3224
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2004 10:39 am
Location: The Eternal City

Postby MrFredPFL » Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:41 am

the only motive i can see to remove the fasttrack forum is spite. "i don't like fasttrack" is not a good reason to remove its forum. as has been pointed out by you, dima, when people come onto, for example, the MP2P board and flame it - no one forces anyone to use the board. if you don't like the network, stay away from it, and the forum associated with it. why is it that you think fasttrack should be different? the same applies here, imo. you argue that the numbers are wrong, but i doubt you would argue that MP2P has more users than FT. why don't you ask for the removal of the MP2P forum instead? of course, it's because you like it. other people like fasttrack. you may think they are fools, and they may think you are. live and let live :P
MrFredPFL
 
Posts: 15733
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:48 pm

Postby P2P_G » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:10 am

MrFredPFL wrote:the only motive i can see to remove the fasttrack forum is spite. "i don't like fasttrack" is not a good reason to remove its forum. as has been pointed out by you, dima, when people come onto, for example, the MP2P board and flame it - no one forces anyone to use the board. if you don't like the network, stay away from it, and the forum associated with it. why is it that you think fasttrack should be different? the same applies here, imo. you argue that the numbers are wrong, but i doubt you would argue that MP2P has more users than FT. why don't you ask for the removal of the MP2P forum instead? of course, it's because you like it. other people like fasttrack. you may think they are fools, and they may think you are. live and let live :P


Haha, i don't like/use mp2p more...The reason why slyck should remove the ft forum? cuz its going to be filtered and stuff like that soon, KMD will "die" and the network will be very small and have allmost only DRM files and fakes, maby the network will die...they could have a KaZaA Lite forum insted. You said that other people likes fasttrack, yeah but its a really small number :lol: Maby 1% of all fasttrack users ^^ And why be on a network when there are better alternatives=?

@Mrs. 2p, yeah there is some kazaa lite users and they don't wanna learn other p2p-apps, but kazaa lite can be harder to use than other p2p-apps, bearshare lite, shareaza, ares, winmx....and many people doesn't even know that there is other p2p-apps :shock: they wanna download a song and they need to download atleast 10 songs to find the real one :lol: :wink:
Piracy Will Never Die.
User avatar
P2P_G
 
Posts: 2783
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:27 pm

Postby GraphiX » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:10 am

i'd remove every trace of FT/Kaz from everywhere if it was upto me specially now they've come up with this new GlobalRegistry bullshit

they deserve to burn in hell but that option
wasn't on the voting list lol
GraphiX
 
Posts: 922
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 7:19 pm

Postby MrFredPFL » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:20 am

dima, your "logic" defies description. 1% of the users like it? what about the other 99%? are they forced to use it by someone holding a gun to their heads???

you say "because it's going to be filtered" - and yet you started this thread in february, and filtering was not an issue then. what's the point of having a kazaa-lite forum, as opposed to a general fasttrack forum? again, i can only see spite as a motive.

the fact is, you dislike kazaa, and always have, and that is why you want it removed. i dislike many of the songs you listen to - but i don't insist you stop referring to them here. i repeat - live and let live. the fasttrack forum costs you nothing.
MrFredPFL
 
Posts: 15733
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:48 pm

Postby P2P_G » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:32 am

MrFredPFL wrote:dima, your "logic" defies description. 1% of the users like it? what about the other 99%? are they forced to use it by someone holding a gun to their heads???

you say "because it's going to be filtered" - and yet you started this thread in february, and filtering was not an issue then. what's the point of having a kazaa-lite forum, as opposed to a general fasttrack forum? again, i can only see spite as a motive.

the fact is, you dislike kazaa, and always have, and that is why you want it removed. i dislike many of the songs you listen to - but i don't insist you stop referring to them here. i repeat - live and let live. the fasttrack forum costs you nothing.


Yeah you are allways against me cuz im listening to normal music ^^ Be agains all other users that doesn't like fasttrack/kazaa on slyck(99%) then. Kazaa and fasttrack sux, en of the story. Someone lock this thread now?
Piracy Will Never Die.
User avatar
P2P_G
 
Posts: 2783
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:27 pm

Postby MrFredPFL » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:45 am

wrong. no, i am not always against you because of your "normal" music. but let's start with that comment. you call your music normal, which implies other people, who listen to music you don't like, listen to ABnormal music. who made you the last word on what is normal? on what network is acceptable? i didn't call your music names - i simply said i don't like a lot of it. you, on the other hand, will frequently make abusive comments about the music others like - in particular, metal. guess what? i don't like metal much either. but i don't insist people stop talking about it. you, on the other hand, do just that - and you do it often. you have no problem being critical of other people's musical tastes, or preferences in networks, but you cannot accept it when people do the same to you. i am asking you to show the same consideration to others that you expect for yourself. apparently, i am asking for far too much.
MrFredPFL
 
Posts: 15733
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:48 pm

Postby maniac3000 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:46 pm

MrFredPFL wrote:wrong. no, i am not always against you because of your "normal" music. but let's start with that comment. you call your music normal, which implies other people, who listen to music you don't like, listen to ABnormal music. who made you the last word on what is normal? on what network is acceptable? i didn't call your music names - i simply said i don't like a lot of it. you, on the other hand, will frequently make abusive comments about the music others like - in particular, metal. guess what? i don't like metal much either. but i don't insist people stop talking about it. you, on the other hand, do just that - and you do it often. you have no problem being critical of other people's musical tastes, or preferences in networks, but you cannot accept it when people do the same to you. i am asking you to show the same consideration to others that you expect for yourself. apparently, i am asking for far too much.


:lol: :lol:

P2P_G=Pwn3d
User avatar
maniac3000
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Sat May 21, 2005 3:09 pm
Location: Canada

Postby Mrs. 2p » Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:52 pm

P2P_G wrote: Be agains all other users that doesn't like fasttrack/kazaa on slyck(99%) then. Kazaa and fasttrack sux, en of the story.


The point is not whether we like FT or not, but rather whether it can be useful to have this forum section. We may not like a lot of things, but that doesn't mean it's not ok or useful to discuss them. In fact, without discussing FT, there would be no way to explain those who choose to use the network why it would be a better idea to stop using it.

Slyck is not only about the the longtimers of the fule-sharing community, it is also about those who approached the file-sharing world only recently. In that departmet, I have to say that it is one of the most noob-friendly sites I've come accross Believe me, as the official noob on board, I know ;) there is a reason why after weeks and weeks of searching the web, reading a lot, and following topics, I chose to sign up here for my very first internet forum post ever. Of course, this may have changed in the past few years (I guess other newbie-friendly sites could have popped up... never bothered to check), but fact still is that Slyck is great for the newcomers, who are less familiar with IT, internet and the latest cutting-edge communication technologies.

Those people approach Slyck after having heard about kazaa, and looking for answers in that regard. That is why this forum is important. The only way to have them come, and explain what the alternatives are, is to give them a space to ask questions.

This space also serves the purpose, as I explained above, of discussing pros and cons of using kazaa/FT, so that each is free to make a kowledgeable choice.

and no, I won't be locking this thread, I'll leave it up to Mr. Fred to do so if he so wishes. As far as I'm concerned, it can stay on, get buried under other threads, and then be reborn in another 6 months so we can have the same discussion again. After all, for over 2 years, we have been having this discussion every 6 months or so :roll:. Might as well save us the trouble of duplicating threads and repeating the same arguments over and over again.
Blessed is the fool who dares giving advice, for he shall be wiser thanks to others' mistakes. J. M. Serrat
Don't you just love a good read?
User avatar
Mrs. 2p
 
Posts: 3224
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2004 10:39 am
Location: The Eternal City

Postby Fartingbob » Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:57 pm

maniac3000 wrote: :lol: :lol:

P2P_G=Pwn3d

Wouldnt be the first time.
If we didnt have any fastrack / kazaa forums, P2P beginners who only started using it because they hear about it on the news, wouldnt know where to ask for advice, and i dont see how that can be good.
I dont like winMX either, but we still have that forum here, and winMX is much less populated than fasttrack.
User avatar
Fartingbob
P2P Trafficker
 
Posts: 13248
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2005 4:18 pm
Location: Serenity

Postby MrFredPFL » Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:05 pm

i'm perfectly willing to stipulate:

this network sux0rz.

but i don't see that removing this forum would make the world a better place ;)
MrFredPFL
 
Posts: 15733
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:48 pm

Postby LaX » Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:08 pm

But a ban on requesting invites will..or am I wishing for too much? :wink:
User avatar
LaX
 
Posts: 6551
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:02 am
Location: One of the multiverses you're not in

Postby P2P_G » Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:10 pm

MrFredPFL wrote:wrong. no, i am not always against you because of your "normal" music. but let's start with that comment. you call your music normal, which implies other people, who listen to music you don't like, listen to ABnormal music. who made you the last word on what is normal? on what network is acceptable? i didn't call your music names - i simply said i don't like a lot of it. you, on the other hand, will frequently make abusive comments about the music others like - in particular, metal. guess what? i don't like metal much either. but i don't insist people stop talking about it. you, on the other hand, do just that - and you do it often. you have no problem being critical of other people's musical tastes, or preferences in networks, but you cannot accept it when people do the same to you. i am asking you to show the same consideration to others that you expect for yourself. apparently, i am asking for far too much.


Nah, they can listen to normal music, but not that f**king kill, blood, death, rape, racism and all other f**king wierd stuff. And the best of all, they allways like to post a pic, there is actually children on this forum :wink: No i have no problems with people whp doesn't like the networks i don't, music is other thing, people does not understand how serious it is, music can effect on people very much, and those who listens to that music was and is very effected on slyck. If you would change the music from religous then those songs would be like kill all black/white/affrican people. I don't know why that music is even allowded to listen to, some isn't but now it has gone to far. What ever its their chose to live that way...Thank God that Im ain't like that :) Ahh what eva, everyone hates kazaa ;)


Image
Piracy Will Never Die.
User avatar
P2P_G
 
Posts: 2783
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:27 pm

Postby Fartingbob » Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:26 pm

P2P_G wrote:Nah, they can listen to normal music, but not that f**king kill, blood, death, rape, racism and all other f**king wierd stuff. [/img]

I must point out that i know you love south park (As do I), and south park has featured all of the following themes, and many more.
1. gay pedophilia (At least 3 times)
2. KKK
3. Satan being sodomised by saddam huissain
4. Jesus shitting on a US flag
5. death as a actual person
6. Necrophilia
7. towels that get high all the time (nowt wrong with that but i like mentioning towlie)
8. AIDS
9. Child abduction
10. murder
11. concentration camps
12. transexuals
13. Disbaled children fighting and having sex with prostitutes

But i guess to your hypocritical mind, thats all ok because its funny. Well metal has much less "evil" in it, and we find it great to listen to, just as you find south park great to watch.
User avatar
Fartingbob
P2P Trafficker
 
Posts: 13248
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2005 4:18 pm
Location: Serenity

Postby P2P_G » Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:29 pm

Fartingbob wrote:
P2P_G wrote:Nah, they can listen to normal music, but not that f**king kill, blood, death, rape, racism and all other f**king wierd stuff. [/img]

I must point out that i know you love south park (As do I), and south park has featured all of the following themes, and many more.
1. gay pedophilia (At least 3 times)
2. KKK
3. Satan being sodomised by saddam huissain
4. Jesus shitting on a US flag
5. death as a actual person
6. Necrophilia
7. towels that get high all the time (nowt wrong with that but i like mentioning towlie)
8. AIDS
9. Child abduction
10. murder
11. concentration camps
12. transexuals
13. Disbaled children fighting and having sex with prostitutes

But i guess to your hypocritical mind, thats all ok because its funny. Well metal has much less "evil" in it, and we find it great to listen to, just as you find south park great to watch.


No i don't think that its funny :roll: That is what i hate in South Park. :x
Piracy Will Never Die.
User avatar
P2P_G
 
Posts: 2783
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:27 pm

Postby Fartingbob » Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:32 pm

You love south park and yet dont like any of the controversial parts? Thats every other episode you obviously dont like then.

Anyway, i'll try make half my post on topic, and say that kazaa forum should stay open, because its a good way to attract novices and suggest that they try other places. If there is no kazaa forum, they stay away and continue thinking kazaa is the schizz.
User avatar
Fartingbob
P2P Trafficker
 
Posts: 13248
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2005 4:18 pm
Location: Serenity

Postby MrFredPFL » Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:33 pm

:lol: yes, bob - and talk about death? they kill kenny over and over :o

alright, now let's get back on topic. the recent legal issues with fasttrack make this forum even more valuable. lots of those users will be looking for more info in the days to come. where will they end up? well, it depends. they will use search engines, and they will find many websites, including this one. they will want to read about the changes, and many of them will want to ask questions. isn't that what slyck is for? btw, did you notice that in your (non-binding) poll, more people as of now want the forum to stay? :P

and besides, after those metal fans (i wonder if they got that metal music from kazaa :shock:) all get locked in prison for life because of the crimes the music made them commit (i refer you to dr. jack van impe for a case history of this, but i digress...) - who knows? maybe they will want to help pass the hours behind bars by browsing the fasttrack forum here :lol:
MrFredPFL
 
Posts: 15733
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:48 pm

Postby Mrs. 2p » Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:37 pm

MrFredPFL wrote:and besides, after those metal fans (i wonder if they got that metal music from kazaa :shock:) all get locked in prison for life because of the crimes the music made them commit (i refer you to dr. jack van impe for a case history of this, but i digress...) - who knows? maybe they will want to help pass the hours behind bars by browsing the fasttrack forum here :lol:


:lol: :lol: :lol:



but I agree, let's get back on topic (or better yet... let this be and come back around christmas), this thread was just starting to go dangerously downhill
Blessed is the fool who dares giving advice, for he shall be wiser thanks to others' mistakes. J. M. Serrat
Don't you just love a good read?
User avatar
Mrs. 2p
 
Posts: 3224
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2004 10:39 am
Location: The Eternal City

PreviousNext

Return to FastTrack/Kazaa

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

© 2001-2008 Slyck.com