Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

How Do These Users Keep Getting Busted?

Discussions about the FastTrack network and any clients that connect to it
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

How Do These Users Keep Getting Busted?

Postby flash20 » Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:29 pm

I recently have been reading up on this issue of filesharing, and I have read newspaper articles where Kazaa users who said they stopped using Kazaa have said they have been sued long after they took the program off of their computer. Now, I've also read that the **AA has said on their site that anybody who has stopped sharing music will not be sued, and that the easiest way to avoid being sued is to stop sharing. Considering this, why do those users keep on getting sued? I've read about Kazaa's nasty spyware/adware add-ons. Does that somehow keep the users from fully deleting the program which then allows others to continuously upload from them? Do all programs do this? Or is the **AA lying when they say if you stop, they don't sue? Can't they tell? Anyways, I'm baffled by this, and I was just wondering if anybody could shed light on this issue. On a related note, I'm just glad I don't have Kazaa on my computer.
flash20

Re: How Do These Users Keep Getting Busted?

Postby notbob » Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:34 am

flash20 wrote:I recently have been reading up on this issue of filesharing, and I have read newspaper articles where Kazaa users who said they stopped using Kazaa have said they have been sued long after they took the program off of their computer. Now, I've also read that the **AA has said on their site that anybody who has stopped sharing music will not be sued, and that the easiest way to avoid being sued is to stop sharing. Considering this, why do those users keep on getting sued? I've read about Kazaa's nasty spyware/adware add-ons. Does that somehow keep the users from fully deleting the program which then allows others to continuously upload from them? Do all programs do this? Or is the **AA lying when they say if you stop, they don't sue? Can't they tell? Anyways, I'm baffled by this, and I was just wondering if anybody could shed light on this issue. On a related note, I'm just glad I don't have Kazaa on my computer.

because the evidence was collected months ago, and it takes a while for the RIAA to get their information requests (to connect names to IP addresses) to weave their way through the court

as it is, only a few ISPs are willing to give up customer information, comcast is one of them, i think charter communications is another.
i eat regularly
notbob

Return to FastTrack/Kazaa