Slyck Chatbox - And More

Kazaa lite resurection

Discussions about the FastTrack network and any clients that connect to it
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Kazaa lite resurection

Postby Viking » Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:57 am

W A T C H O U T

Just found out that Kazaa Lite Resurrection has a big security issue.

The function to disable others seeing your shared files does not work.

For several times after each other the same persons downloaded files from my whole list from artists from a to z.
This can't be possible without seeing my list.

Be warned!! :oops:
Viking

Postby Nuttyguy » Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:36 am

the fasttrack network as a whole is a security issue
Nuttyguy

Postby ToM » Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:43 am

Any sole FastTrack client whether Lite, Ressurected, Gold, Bronze, Platinum, Pro or Sexy is a waste of everyone's time.
Pirate.
ToM
©

Postby LaX » Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:45 am

I'll be surprised that anyone who visits this site regularly would still be able to use Fasttrack with us so against it.
LaX

Postby Mrs. 2p » Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:55 am

true, lax, we are a bit biased :lol: that's why I chose not to respond to this post when I first saw it. I figured it would be good for those using ft to know this.

still, I think we can all consider deviating people from fast track as something to be proud of! it's called education... just like deviating people from my cool web search, scams and other software/websites liable to do harm to those unaware.

I hope you'll stick around, viking! browse the forums, read the guides, and try out other clients and networks :D In the meantime, thanks for the heads up :)
Blessed is the fool who dares giving advice, for he shall be wiser thanks to others' mistakes. J. M. Serrat
Don't you just love a good read?
Mrs. 2p

Postby P2P_G » Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:39 am

ToM wrote:Any sole FastTrack client whether Lite, Ressurected, Gold, Bronze, Platinum, Pro or Sexy is a waste of everyone's time.
HAHHA that is so damn true :D
Piracy Will Never Die.
P2P_G

Postby Viking » Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:42 am

Hi, Mrs. 2p, do you have any suggestions for another program that works a bit simular to kazaa Lite resurrection , with a good privacy/IP protection??

thnx in advance.

Mrs. 2p wrote:true, lax, we are a bit biased :lol: that's why I chose not to respond to this post when I first saw it. I figured it would be good for those using ft to know this.

still, I think we can all consider deviating people from fast track as something to be proud of! it's called education... just like deviating people from my cool web search, scams and other software/websites liable to do harm to those unaware.

I hope you'll stick around, viking! browse the forums, read the guides, and try out other clients and networks :D In the meantime, thanks for the heads up :)
Viking

Postby LANjackal » Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:53 am

Viking wrote:Hi, Mrs. 2p, do you have any suggestions for another program that works a bit simular to kazaa Lite resurrection , with a good privacy/IP protection?

Do you want a unicorn also? Sorry Viking, but the best P2P programs offer little in the way of anonymity or protection. I say "best" because there are some more (not absolutely) secure options, but they perform so poorly that they're far from viable in my opinion.

The most you can do is hope for safety in sheer numbers. If you're paranoid, download and use PeerGuardian for an extra layer of (theoretical) security. It works for all programs on your PC, period. Get it from here:

http://www.phoenixlabs.org/

As for programs similar to Kazaa Lite Resurrection, the closest thing would be KCeasy:

http://www.kceasy.com/
Follow me around the internet!
[Windows 7 Pro x64 (Primary OS)
LANjackal

Location: Various networks. In the physical world I'm an adaptive AI that pretends to be human

Postby Mrs. 2p » Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:01 pm

IP protection is a myth: you can try to get behind a proxy, making things a bit more complicated, but eventually the track needs to be known, or the file will never arrive!

I'm not sure what you mean exactly by privacy, but all programs allow you to disable a search through your shared files, as far as I know... you surprised me with KL, but I haven't used the fasttrack network in a few years, except for testing out every now and then.

I find everything I need through the eD2k network (I use e-mule to access it). Slow, but great variety, and I don't have any problem waiting for the files. They eventually do all arrive. If I'm in a bit of a rush and want something thta's recent, I'll typically try with BitTorrent first (I use utorrent).

But that's all because I usually search for large files (for which these networks are optimized) or applications (I wouldn't trust a regular in-program search function to download executables; BT and eD2k allow me to use verified links).

When I'm looking for the odd MP3 or other small files, I first try out Ares Lite. That's probably your best bet if you're looking for an easy migration.

But, as I said earlier, read the guides (grey column on the left), corwse the forums, and you'll get the hang of it in no time :wink: . There's nothing wrong with trying, and the applications can co-exist on your system with no problems.

Make sure you use the official download sites for the programs, as there are a lot of scams going around, and you risk losing money, if not creating serious problems in your system. I suggest you make use of Slyck's List of File Sharing Programs and Utilities. The link is on the top of the column to the left of this page. For further details on scams, there is an old slyck article (http://www.slyck.com/news.php?story=561) and ToM's site (http://www.p2pscams.info/).

hope this helps to get you started! give a shout if you get stuck :)
Blessed is the fool who dares giving advice, for he shall be wiser thanks to others' mistakes. J. M. Serrat
Don't you just love a good read?
Mrs. 2p

Postby LaX » Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:58 am

Ares is also a very good choice for you. It has a simple interface, with a nice selection of files and specializes in music singles. Its not too bad for movies, but dont expect a huge collection of movies.
LaX

Kazaa Lite Resurrection seems good to me

Postby earlymusic1925 » Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:38 pm

I noticed people have strong feelings about one file-sharing program over another. It would be nice if we all worked for the common goals of file-sharing. We are all in this together. Let us be more supportive of each other regardless of what programs we like. I like Kazaa Lite Resurrection because of all the people on there, as I'm trying to keep alive all the recordings that were made before 1925. I'm sharing around 7000 songs on three different computers under the user names of philcord, public domain and earlymusic1925. Type in Ada Jones and when you find me, do a "find more from the same user" to see all my recordings. I also want to say I love the super nodes on KLR.
earlymusic1925

Postby IceCube » Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:17 pm

Wouldn't you find it much more effective to share your content on larger networks like Gnutella or eDonkey2000? I still bet half of those 'people' on the Fast Track are actually working for the RIAA. :lol:
IceCube

Return to FastTrack/Kazaa