Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Is Kazaa still worth using ??

Discussions about the FastTrack network and any clients that connect to it
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Is Kazaa still worth using ??

Postby abou105 » Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:02 am

i mean the heat seems to be on all networks and yet after all this court stuff Fasttrack is still the second biggest network with close to as many users as ED2K so people must be using it. Just wanted to hear your opinions
abou105

Postby no_dammagE » Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:48 am

simple reply: no

and I'm sure that everyone will tell you the same.

Why? KaZaA is spyware-infected, it has weak hashing what makes it impossible to download anything, it has outdated distribution algorithms (PFS, alt-src-meshes etc), its search is limited and so on. All together gives a definitive no in favor of ModWire(sorry, I don't know which I should call now), Shareaza, eMule, Ares and several others.
Windows? Blah. Linux? Blah. BSD? Blah.
Just make sure you have a computer licence and I can open your fsckin files.
Vorbis | Theora | LaTeX | OpenDocument
no_dammagE

Postby abou105 » Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:12 pm

yea i thought so personaly i havent used Kazaa since k-lite came around but if the network is balls then how come there is still so many people sharing on it ?? also im lookin a good client to use tbh since audio galaxy got shut down i have never been happy with any of the apps goin about
abou105

Postby eisa01 » Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:21 pm

It's just that they don't know any better, almost like people using IE :P
eisa01

Postby tm, » Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:46 pm

abou105 wrote:Kazaa ... how come there is still so many people sharing on it ??

And just because so many Fasttrack users use a spyware-infected computer, does that mean that spyware must be a good thing?

Let's just say that many people are slow learners, and tend to be suckers for slick marketing hype, instead of doing their own research and finding the best product.

While its true that Fasttrack was an excellent P2P network during the immediate post-Napster days - both technically and resource-wise. But it's had very little improvement in the years since it was first released. Most Fasttrack users have probably not tried - or even know about - Bittorrent, ED2K, Gnutella, OpenNap, Soulseek, DC, and other resourceful P2P networks.
tm,

Postby Assyrian » Sun Oct 02, 2005 7:13 pm

how come on the kazaa site it says "no spyware" ? :shock:
away.
Assyrian
The King

Postby Wham » Sun Oct 02, 2005 7:18 pm

Hey Tm, Thought I would give you my opinion, because you were kind enough to ask.

Kazza has never been any good for a normal everyday user. It has always been loaded with spyware and all kinds of other crap. Some of the stuff that was loaded with a Kazza install was near impossible to get rid of.

I would say if people are still using fastrack, they are not using Kazza. Kazza lite maybe. People just don't know any better. They are not computer literate enough to be able to get rid of the stuff Kazza put on their computer.

I downloaded it once back in its heyday just to see what it was all about. When I started to install it, I got so many bells and whisle warnings that it would make your heart stand still. To make a long story short, I got rid of it immediately. Even after I got rid of it, I had to do some serious maintenance on my computer to get rid of the crap it installed without my permission.

The big problem with Kazza now is the RIAA stooges that are loading the fastrack network with so many crap files that I can't fathom anybody being able to wade through it all in order to get a good file. God help you if you are uploading on that network, I think if you are, you might be getting a call from the RIAA lawyers.
Wham

Postby Repzak » Sun Oct 02, 2005 7:23 pm

Well there was the story on another website about a RIAA fake-file company who alledgedly had 4 million "users" uploading fake files to the networks.

Now given that I wonder how many of the users of FastTrack is in fact those bots? I can imagine them sending those files to each other over and over and over... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Also just because people use something doesn't mean it isn't bad, a scam, or both. I can name a dozen bad or downright scamming companies who still make money off slick marketing. Like sms.ac :D
Repzak

Postby IceCube » Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:38 pm

I personally know someone who still uses FastCrap. Of course ,he uses Kazaa Resurrected, but he says he doesn't use it very often (claims it's about once every 4 months) but he leaves it in the system tray. I told him dozens of times to just get off of it, but he "doesn't want to because it's nice to use." I sent him dozens of links right off of Slyck and told him to at least check Slyck out, but he says, "Oh, I don't like reading news. Just not that kind of person."

After the whole speal, I just told him up front, "You will eventually get a C&D letter from the RIAA." So he says, "Oh, but I live in Canada, I'm safe." I basically told him no and if he doesn't get nailed now, then he'll get nailed later when the CRIA bribes the government with millions to pass the money laundering bill (Bill C-60)

I'm telling you, the only people left on FastCrap are the people who either are completely ignorant or resist any change whatsoever even if it is using basic common sense.
IceCube

Postby zbeast » Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:04 am

You have read this site right?
You have seen that just about everyone and there mother is attacting that network.

If you download a program off that network you stand a 20% chance that it's a virus or worm.

It's full of music fakes.

I do use kazaa-lite from time to time to try to find sometings.
The last time I used it was about 3 months ago.

The standard kazaa client loads 4 hunks of spyware right after install.

Its not fear that keep me off that network. it just that there are no good clients for it and there just nothing there.

So times you have to just move on.
I'm not attached to any given network or software.

Tho I use emule and azureus there open source, you dont like how they work, add your own features.
zbeast

Postby BasicTek » Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:19 am

[sarcasm]Kazaa the P2P of champions. It should appear on the front of a cereal box. 2.5 million users CAN'T be wrong[/sarcasm] :wink:
"The government, which was designed for the people, has got into the hands of the bosses and their employers, the special interests. An invisible empire has been set up above the forms of democracy." - Woodrow Wilson
BasicTek

Postby ToM » Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:52 am

To sum it up: People are idiots.
Pirate.
ToM
©

Postby IceCube » Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:00 am

ToM wrote:To sum it up: People are idiots.

Amen.
IceCube

Postby Dog » Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:25 pm

abou105, I got two words to say to you: AVOID KAZAA
Dog

Postby Overnet User » Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:41 pm

I though the same as the other post before but look at its fan base sites:

http://www.my-k-lite.com/

http://www.klitetools.com/

http://filesharingplace.com/

http://www.filesharingtalk.com/

All still alive and well.

I wouldn't get on that network though without peerguardian from methlabs though.
Overnet User

Postby IceCube » Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:47 pm

Code: Select all
Kazaa without protection = dunking open wound in pool of live leeches
IceCube

Postby iShadowcat » Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:16 pm

using kazaa is like using windows 95 at a black hat hacker convention.
iShadowcat

KaZaA is the shit

Postby P2P_G » Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:44 am

Kazaa/fasttrack sux ass ;) hehe
Piracy Will Never Die.
P2P_G

Return to FastTrack/Kazaa