Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

anyone else?

Discussions about the FastTrack network and any clients that connect to it
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

anyone else?

Postby spiderjohn77 » Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:00 pm

Hi, Before anyone tells me Klite is dead. Forget it. I have been using it for a long time and it workss great and I can find anything I want. I still consistently show nearly three million users.
But in the last week to ten days, all of a sudden traffic seems to have dropped a bit and I am having more trouble staying connected to my downloads and the speed seems slower. I am wondering if I have a corrupt file I can't find or if this is a broader issue. Thanks for any response!
spiderjohn77

Postby Allied » Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:18 pm

On Slyck's main page, click expanded stats beta. Then use the drop down menu to select Fasttrack.
That then network Kazaa connects to.
You'll see that the # of people connected to the network has been dropping for a long time now.

You may not care that Klite sucks, and its entirely possible that you have gotten everything you need from it. But everyone else is switching to eMule, Limewire and other ED2K and Gnutella clients.
Allied's Review:
Recommended: LimeWire | Ares | Shareaza | eMule | KCeasy
Not Recommended: Morpheus | Kazaa | eDonkey2000 | Manolito | iMesh
Allied
Mostly Harmless

Location: Behind You Shoe Size: 11.008 BitTorrent: µTorrent Nationality: Canuckian Newsgroups: GrabIt

Postby Drake » Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:24 pm

I know a couple people who still swear by Kazaa Lite. I've stopped trying to convince them that there are better P2P apps.

I'm not sure what's causing your problem but I doubt it has anything to do with a corrupt file since this is effecting more than one of your downloads. It could be a problem with the supernodes but that's just a guess.

I know that you aren't interested in switching to other P2P apps, but if you change your mind you should check out Limewire and Ares. Both of these apps are similar to Kazaa Lite but they connect to different networks and are actually technically superior.
Drake

Postby zim » Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:34 pm

klite never sucked...

but the entire fastrack network has been dying for a long time now.

the people with the files are going to other networks. the people with good connections too. and all the releasers of new stuff.

pretty much whats left is RIAA backed nodes putting out fakes and corrupt files, a bunch of dialup users, the suckers who paid for one of the kazaa scams, kids who dont know any better, people who run ALL the p2p apps at once, and the people who just dont use p2p that much.

Its time to move on already...
zim

Postby firestorm9377 » Sat Jul 09, 2005 10:17 pm

Fasttrack is going down, no dout. But once it does the riaa will go after something else, so the longer fasttrack sticks around the longer networks like gnutella and ares arn't noticed.
firestorm9377

Postby LANjackal » Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:46 pm

I would never swear by Kazaa Lite nowadays, but I can tell you that the only people who truly believe it's dead are probably sitting in a record label boardroom. If you know what you're looking for, it's still a good source of content, albeit much less now that it was earlier or in comparison to other clients and networks.
Follow me around the internet!
[Windows 7 Pro x64 (Primary OS)
LANjackal

Location: Various networks. In the physical world I'm an adaptive AI that pretends to be human

Return to FastTrack/Kazaa