Slyck Chatbox - And More

getting viruses and trojans when opening kazzaa please help

Discussions about the FastTrack network and any clients that connect to it
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

getting viruses and trojans when opening kazzaa please help

Postby themexican2004 » Sat May 14, 2005 10:00 am

Hello everyone:
I am wondering if could anyone please help me on the following.
I install the kazzaa program from the filesharing page a couple of weeks ago and everything was fine until yesterday afternoon. after openning the program norton informed me that there were some viruses and it said that it removed them but I ketp getting virus after virus. anyway, luckly for me norton removed them all but I suspect that this is becuase when I open my kazzaa that stupid filesharing page pops up. is there another version of kazzaa that you guys can recommend? or is there a way to not have this page pops up when I start my kazzaa program?
would appreciate so much some info and help on this
thanks
Juan
themexican2004

Postby aussiebeermatt » Sat May 14, 2005 10:10 am

fisrt problem you have is that you installed Kazaa .
Kazaa is packaged with adware and spyware thats how they make money .Nice bussiess model isnt it .

You need to uninstall Kazaa and then run a spyware scan with Spybot search and destroy and Adaware also.These are both freeware.

Dont use Kazaa ever again try eMule or Sharezza both open source programs that dont come bundled with Adware or Spyware

Spybot home page
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/

Adaware
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/

Emule
http://www.emule-project.net/home/perl/general.cgi?l=1
aussiebeermatt

Postby maynoth » Sat May 14, 2005 10:35 am

why not just get kazaa lite resurrection

http://www.filesharingplace.com

no spyware

Plus you can disable file sharing so you have no chance of being caught by the riaa, and you have unlimited searchs... its a nice leeching prog.
maynoth

Postby locotus » Sat May 14, 2005 10:54 am

Look for Kazaabegone a freeware that remove Kazaa entries of the windows registry.
locotus

Re: getting viruses and trojans when opening kazzaa please h

Postby hellosiso » Sat May 14, 2005 1:22 pm

themexican2004 wrote:Hello everyone:
is there another version of kazzaa that you guys can recommend? or is there a way to not have this page pops up when I start my kazzaa program?
thanks
Juan

dont use kazzaa, check out slyck guides for alternatives
hellosiso

Re: getting viruses and trojans when opening kazzaa please h

Postby themexican2004 » Sat May 14, 2005 1:45 pm

hellosiso wrote:
themexican2004 wrote:Hello everyone:
is there another version of kazzaa that you guys can recommend? or is there a way to not have this page pops up when I start my kazzaa program?
thanks
Juan

dont use kazzaa, check out slyck guides for alternatives
Hello everyone:
what other program do you all can recommend me to use? mostly for getting mp3s.
thanks a bunch
Juan
themexican2004

Postby slinkyspirit » Sat May 14, 2005 2:13 pm

Personally I use ares for music files, areslite is freeware, (there could be optional sponsor, just dont install it) and the speeds are great. Also unlike most networks ive tried the queues actually work, leave it over night and all your songs will have downloaded. Its really easy to use, and not too cpu or memory intensive...

Go for the lite edition though!
slinkyspirit

Postby Califax » Sat May 14, 2005 2:36 pm

Anyway, don't use p2p to leech :) And Try something link Ares for mp3s. Make sure you run every kind of spyware remover in existence after you uninstall kazza
Califax

P2P that has no bundled crap and is solid as a ROCK

Postby paulmjl » Sat Dec 24, 2005 1:27 am

Hey Mexican I am not sure if you have sorted your dillema as yet but the best app I have found to date is WinMX :D . Although this was made disfunctional recently (21/09/05) the P2P fans of this product has once again made this a successful functioning product,yippee :lol:.

Reasons I like WinMX:

1. Uses very low system resources because it does not bundle players and other potentially unnecassary apps within the product (which you dont necassarily need and I much prefer standalone players).

2. Because of low system resource usage I can readily use the internet while running WinMX as background (like I am at the moment) with minimal . Admittedly this may impair [i]potential download speed[/i]. Try doing this with Kazza, Limewire and many other applications and you may find your system is significantly impaired or may even CRASH.

3. Like the name implies WinMX works very well within Windows operating systems and in over 5 years of usage I dont think it has caused any conflict within the running of my computer. Thus solid as rock!!

4. People often talk about download speeds, file availability and number of users with different P2P programs and to date I am yet to notice any trully significant difference although I have experimented with greater than 6-7 different products.
paulmjl

Re: P2P that has no bundled crap and is solid as a ROCK

Postby Califax » Sat Dec 24, 2005 1:58 am

^^^

Wow... good timing
Califax

Postby moomoohey » Sat Dec 24, 2005 2:18 am

dudes use bearshare its awesome really fast
moomoohey

Postby IceCube » Sat Dec 24, 2005 4:33 am

LOL, you guys and your silly suggestions after reviving a 6 month old thread :lol:
IceCube

Return to FastTrack/Kazaa