Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

help with accelerator etc

Discussions about the FastTrack network and any clients that connect to it
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

help with accelerator etc

Postby Al Infierno » Tue May 10, 2005 1:23 pm

what are the best settings for the K lIte accelerator, i also want to be able to do more d/l's at one time and I cannot find the registry entry to change it.. anyone? and lastly, I am a sharing member, but I see lots of leeching, how can I disconnect them (ususally they just pop back up though) or even temp block these people til they get the idea that P@P fileSHATING means just that.... SHARE! see some of ya's soon :( thanks, al
the worst enemy of the night is one of it's own
Al Infierno

Re: help with accelerator etc

Postby Vulture » Tue May 10, 2005 1:55 pm

Al Infierno wrote:what are the best settings for the K lIte accelerator, i also want to be able to do more d/l's at one time and I cannot find the registry entry to change it.. anyone? and lastly, I am a sharing member, but I see lots of leeching, how can I disconnect them (ususally they just pop back up though) or even temp block these people til they get the idea that P@P fileSHATING means just that.... SHARE! see some of ya's soon :( thanks, al
Download accelerators are harmful to the network - they hammer supernodes with search requests. Therefore, the best setting is OFF. Why the hell you are still bothering with fasttrack is beyond me, though.
Banning leeches isn't possible on Kazaa, AFAIK.
Vulture

Postby Al Infierno » Tue May 10, 2005 3:38 pm

well to tell ya the truth, I have tried other P2P 's and they just don't measure up..to each his own I guess, i say gimme an alternative I haven't tried an i'll try it; plus I never heard that about the accelerator,i a a supernode i have high speed BB and I don't notice any probs, clue me in then, anyway THIS accelerator its a part of the Kazaa lite program thing not a "stand alone" (is that what they are called?)
i will still keep looking for the most optimal settings, and the registry tweak . hey yo ty for your feedback :evil: al
the worst enemy of the night is one of it's own
Al Infierno

Return to FastTrack/Kazaa