Page 1 of 1

if i cant use kazza wat program should i use?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 5:16 pm
by freddy
if i cant download kazza because spyware,viruses,.............then wat program should i download music,movies...with out problems?????

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 5:22 pm
by JesterTX2001
You should start with the Slyck File-Sharing Guide. I'm sure it would steer you in the direction you want to go. But if you're still not sure, you should try Shareaza. It's my P2P app of choice, and it should be yours, too.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 5:27 pm
by CrazyGuy000
BitTorrent
Ares
Shareaza
eMule/eDonkey
WinMX
Limewire/Bearshare

JUST STAY AWAY FROM KAZAA AND FASTTRACK!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 5:56 pm
by freddy
thx :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 5:57 pm
by freddy
JesterTX2001 wrote:You should start with the Slyck File-Sharing Guide. I'm sure it would steer you in the direction you want to go. But if you're still not sure, you should try Shareaza. It's my P2P app of choice, and it should be yours, too.


does Shareaza slow my computer???

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 6:52 pm
by Allied
Shareaza will take more bandwith than the average p2p client because it connects to 3 networks. G1, G2 and ED2K. Thats alot of meta data to transfer.
If you're worried about resources and bandwidth, go with Ares Lite. It works just like Kazaa. But you can opt out of all the spyware.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:00 pm
by WitchHunterRobin
Allied wrote:If you're worried about resources and bandwidth, go with Ares Lite.

Ares Lite may have been discontinued. The last couple times I tried to download it from the homepage I got the regular version.

When I did find a source for the download of Ares Lite it didn't connect, so I went back to regular Ares and it connected fine.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:32 pm
by Overnet User
Dc++ with hashing is also a good program. You can find massive amounts of information in some of the hubs. If you have alot of bandwidth and a fast connection, I would recomend Edonkey if you want popular files with decent speeds.

Re: if i cant use kazza wat program should i use??

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:16 am
by MarkB
freddy wrote:if i cant download kazza because spyware,viruses,.............then wat program should i download music,movies...with out problems?????
Before you start downloading anything, take the time to read the Guides posted on the left-side. Do your research first to help understand on what programs to use and how to use it. Take the time into reading some of the posts made about the P2P choices and how to get the best out of it.