Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Jabber Jeti Mesenger with i2p in Jetiants

A place for developers and programmers of file-sharing software to discuss issues.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Jabber Jeti Mesenger with i2p in Jetiants

Postby jetiants-tk-user » Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:07 am

Hi

with i2p, the self-proxiing p2p-network, it is possible to use a jabber server and the jeti messenger software to chat and maintain a buddylist.

In jetiants the jeti part is done with direct Ip adresses.

Maybe it is a good idea, t implement in th jeti part of jetiants the i2p installer ? to have the buddylist in jetiants as well over i2p ?

This coudl have good side effects to have an altrnative to the ants protocol

this means that ants could choose to use ants nodes or i2p nodes to transfer chunks and all chat communication would be one over the i2p network inside jetiants.

just an idea for the cracks of you like jeti, i2p and ants-developers in a team.
jetiants-tk-user

Postby sa302 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:44 am

For the record, you can use any Jabber client with the Jabber servers running in i2p. No modification is needed to the client.
sa302

Postby jetiants-tk-user » Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:51 am

ah fine thanks, so it is easy to add the jeti installer to i2p or the other way round ?

and do all the trasport mechanism work as well to aol aim msn yahoo and icq ?

Don´t the central serversat AIm have a problem getting always a new IP adress with ip if a i2p node is going offline ? this would emn an ip change ?

so it woudl be easy to let jeti in jetiants run over i2p ?

then this would be a good addition to ants.

indeed ants should not add second generation jeti, but third generation jeti with i2p, the same for the irc chatroom, which is the biggest security lack in ants for a small userbase.
jetiants-tk-user

Postby sa302 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:58 am

jetiants-tk-user wrote:ah fine thanks, so it is easy to add the jeti installer to i2p or the other way round ?

Technically yes, but it won't be done by the official developers of either project, so please don't ask them to. Others are of course free to make their own "distributions" where they bundle the two, since both are free software.

jetiants-tk-user wrote:and do all the trasport mechanism work as well to aol aim msn yahoo and icq ?

No, I2P is not an outproxying network like TOR. This means that all servers you access via I2P must run within the I2P network itself, anonymously. You cannot access the official servers of AIM, Yahoo Messenger, MSN Messenger, or ICQ. Using TOR instead of I2P is a great way to access these servers anonymously (although if abuse becomes rampant, they may decide to block all the TOR outproxies).

jetiants-tk-user wrote:so it woudl be easy to let jeti in jetiants run over i2p ?

Yes, given that you have a Jabber server running in I2P (there is one running already, as far as I know, see http://forum.i2p.net/viewtopic.php?t=1126). Each user has to set up a "client tunnel" pointing to this server, and then you connect your Jabber client to localhost on the port representing the client tunnel.
sa302

Postby jetiants-tk-user » Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:02 pm

thanks, it is needed to be able to connect over i2p to outbounded http and other sevces

chiese node need to read bc websites through other nodes on i2p., can you forward this proposa ?
jetiants-tk-user

Return to Developers Forum