Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Hands-On With The New MacBook Pros, Their Keyboard, And The Touch Bar

What's happening in the world of technology related to hardware. Please submit stories for this forum here.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Hands-On With The New MacBook Pros, Their Keyboard, And The Touch Bar

Postby sunnyd » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:46 pm

Story : http://arstechnica.com/apple/2016/10/hands-on-with-the-new-macbook-pros-their-ke

The biggest questions around Apple's new MacBook Pro design were about how the company was going to balance its own design priorities - making things thinner and lighter and removing ports wherever possible - with the features its "pro" users regularly request and use - more performance, good input devices, and more connectivity.

I was able to spend about 15 minutes looking at and touching the new Pros. We'll be examining performance thoroughly in our full review, so in my hands-on session I focused primarily on trying out the new keyboard, the new trackpad, and the Touch Bar that Apple spent so much time on today.

First, a note on look and feel: the systems are half a pound lighter and noticeably smaller, but when you lift them up the feel is still a lot like the previous-generation Retina models. They're a uniform thickness throughout, and the aluminum unibody chassis is rock-solid, but if the 15-inch model used to be too large and heavy for you, it'll probably continue to be too large and too heavy. It's a definite improvement, but they still feel like like 13- and 15-inch laptops (as opposed to the MacBook, which uses a 12-inch screen but is actually considerably smaller and lighter than the old 11-inch Air).

Follow Slyck on Twitter @SlyckDotCom
Join Slyck's Facebook Fan Page
sunnyd

Return to Tech/Hardware News