Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

ARES P2P Disconnects internet

Discussion about the Ares/Warez P2P program
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

ARES P2P Disconnects internet

Postby brianw146 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:31 pm

I am having serious problems with Ares that only occur when i begin downloading.

Even with ONE single download, the speed ramps up which is GREAT, to like 40kbps, but there is always a ceiling then it drops immediately until its like 1kbps then goes .0009..ect and stops, finally my internet connection says local only and has that yellow box, i then have to repair the connection.

i can download fine, but for like 10 seconds which pisses me off.

i've done everything i can think of here.

i have extremely fast internet, DSL+, near T1. I do have a router, however the connection goes directly into my computer, the router is set up for another computer besides my own as there is no wired connection possible.

settings:

transfer:

port 39537

bandwidth was set to zero, but i thought it might be that so i switched to 50kbps

network: no proxy, clicked my computer is behind one.ect.

i think thats about it.

i dont know really what else to say, but its aggrivating me. bit torrent never gives me a lick of trouble, i dont know what port to use, should i make it the same as bit torrent? i just picked a random number.

Please help!
brianw146

Re: ARES P2P Disconnects internet

Postby ejonesss » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:40 pm

your dsl modem may be failing.

tor was doing the same for me and i replaced the modem and seems to be working.
…-..-..-..-..-.-----.-…-..-…-..-…-...
ejonesss

Postby zbeast » Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:18 pm

What's going on is residential adsl modems suck.

What's happening is your arp table is filling up. When that happens rather than being smart and just flushing the
buffer these crappy dsl modems just crash.

There's no fix, unless dsl modem makers start making better modems.
I have this same trouble with a cayman(Motorola) modem I got from att..

Works great for usenet downloads. 2 to 3 mb.. no crashing. (10 connections from a single server)
Try that with emule or bittorrent and the modem crashes. (100's of connections from 20 or more users)

Currently the only work around is to reduce your download speeds, this will stop the arp table from filling up so fast.

one of these may fix your troubles.. but they are still not shipping yet and I have not tested it yet.

http://www.netgear.com.au/DGND3700/
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.
zbeast

Postby brianw146 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:29 pm

I found the cause, my router is extremely old. I did some tests, one with direct connection between pc and modem, and no crashes. so called my ISP, getting new router/modem hybrid and upgraded service for cheap, so no problems when that is done. The router was the problem is all.
brianw146

Return to Ares/Warez P2P