Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

A couple of questions about Ares.

Discussion about the Ares/Warez P2P program
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

A couple of questions about Ares.

Postby Hello » Thu May 10, 2007 8:14 pm

1. Where do I get the lite, I'm unable to find it on the main site.
2. Where do I get the lite withoutany added things or spyware from a trusted site
3. What is opt-out third party software?

The "Regular" version has opt-out third party software and has additional features. We highly recommend the "Lite" version. Also, there is an Ares clone named Warez P2P you might want to check out.

4. Does the regular ares have any spyware, etc.

If able, please link me to a lite version with no added things from a trusted site. Thank you! :]
Hello

Re: A couple of questions about Ares.

Postby TorrentMama » Thu May 10, 2007 9:21 pm

Hello wrote:1. Where do I get the lite, I'm unable to find it on the main site.
2. Where do I get the lite withoutany added things or spyware from a trusted site
3. What is opt-out third party software?

The "Regular" version has opt-out third party software and has additional features. We highly recommend the "Lite" version. Also, there is an Ares clone named Warez P2P you might want to check out.

4. Does the regular ares have any spyware, etc.

If able, please link me to a lite version with no added things from a trusted site. Thank you! :]

forget the lite version, anyway it was made to run on windows 98 and older versions of windows.

The Ares creators want everyone on the regular version, so chances are if you do find a lite version it's going to be carrying a nice virus for you. At bare minimum any ares lite version will have spyware. If you've downloaded Ares lite already, I hope God & luck is with you.

here is a guide for you

http://aresgalaxy.sourceforge.net/
get ares here, and to answer your question, it is spyware free.

welcome to Slyck
Lionel Hutz, court-appointed attorney. I'll be defending you on the charge of... Murder One! Wow! Even if I lose, I'll be famous!
TorrentMama

Postby Hello » Thu May 10, 2007 11:22 pm

Thanks for the reply good sir. I appreciate it. Thanks for the welcome. :]

However, there are still some unanswered questions, like what is third party op-out?

I also have not downloaded the lite version. I remember on Ares's original site they had a lite and regular ares packs. They seemed to have disappeered.
Hello

Postby Hello » Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:14 pm

No! Ares is a free opensource project and as such doesn't install any form of adware, spyware or malware software. Unfortunately some websites do distribute ad/spyware bundled versions of Ares, therefore we advise you to download the latest version of Ares or Ares Lite here at aresgalaxy. sourceforge. net

Isn't this a lie? Because they have adware/spyware?

Can someone answer all my questions please, I've been waiting for ages, this is very important. Thank You.
Hello

Postby TorrentMama » Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:10 pm

the above statement is not a lie, rather it's from an old an unupdated FAQ page. At the time they wrote that Lite was supported.

What is so wrong with downloading version 2.0.9?

what people using lite say
Lionel Hutz, court-appointed attorney. I'll be defending you on the charge of... Murder One! Wow! Even if I lose, I'll be famous!
TorrentMama

used the lite version for years

Postby techzilla » Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:02 am

used ares lite for years, back when ares was not open source. now i use the full version, i honestly could care less about the chat and or the a/v player but the connectivity "seems" more responsive.

ares has always been the most clean p2p network for as long as i remember
techzilla

Return to Ares/Warez P2P