Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Warez P2P dead?

Postby iNsuRRecTiON » Mon May 07, 2007 11:52 pm

Hi there,

I think Warez P2P is dead..

The last version is 3.1.1..

The forum is closed down..

The last blog entry is from August 2006 or so..

Is the last client working??

best regards,

iNsuRRecTiON
iNsuRRecTiON

Postby IceCube » Tue May 08, 2007 12:55 am

No need to resurrect such an old thread. Start a new one.

Thanks.
IceCube

Postby MrFredPFL » Tue May 08, 2007 12:59 am

ya, what he said ^ ;)

split and moved.
MrFredPFL

Postby LANjackal » Tue May 08, 2007 1:18 am

The client is awful(ly designed), and incumbent P2P networks have better content and wider support... sounds dead to me. I don't use it.
Follow me around the internet!
[Windows 7 Pro x64 (Primary OS)
LANjackal

Location: Various networks. In the physical world I'm an adaptive AI that pretends to be human

Better alternatives?

Postby iNsuRRecTiON » Thu May 10, 2007 7:57 am

Hey,

hmm, ok, so better alternatives?

best regards,

iNsuRRecTiON
iNsuRRecTiON

Postby napho » Thu May 10, 2007 9:55 am

Can't you just use the original, Ares? http://aresgalaxy.sourceforge.net/
This program never became a big deal. Some thought it'd be as big as Kazaa.
napho

Aresclient is no alternative..

Postby iNsuRRecTiON » Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:44 am

Hi there,

sorry, you don't understand, Ares and the Aresclient is no alternative, because Warez P2P don't use the Ares network anymore..

Yes, in the beginning of the "new" Warez P2P client, it used the Ares p2p network, but beginning with Warez P2P 3.0 it uses it's own iP2P DHT p2p-network with virtual BitTorrent (VBT) downloading.

See http://www.warezclient.com

So is there an alternative with an similar concept?

Because I think Warez P2P is death..

The current latest client don't work properly, the forum at their homepage is closed and their weblog isn't updated for about a year.. -.-

best regards,

iNsuRRecTiON
iNsuRRecTiON

Re: Aresclient is no alternative..

Postby Trev0r269 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:56 pm

iNsuRRecTiON wrote:Hi there,

sorry, you don't understand, Ares and the Aresclient is no alternative, because Warez P2P don't use the Ares network anymore..

Yes, in the beginning of the "new" Warez P2P client, it used the Ares p2p network, but beginning with Warez P2P 3.0 it uses it's own iP2P DHT p2p-network with virtual BitTorrent (VBT) downloading.

The current latest client don't work properly, the forum at their homepage is closed and their weblog isn't updated for about a year.. -.-

best regards,

iNsuRRecTiON

Do you mean like another client to get on the Wareze p2p network? I Don't think one exists.

Similar concepts...yeah... Ares. I'm not exactly sure about the actual architecture of the Warez p2p network, but Ares is "scratch n' sniff" and has a DHT layer. It has a similar feel to the Warez client, that I tried a few months ago.

If you're looking for something not on Ares network, then it will suck no matter what, just like any other network.
Trev0r269

Re: Aresclient is no alternative..

Postby Progz » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:22 pm

iNsuRRecTiON wrote:Hi there,

best regards,

iNsuRRecTiON

not to be a total ass but did you even read why its closed?

Warez Community Forums Closed...

We had to close our community forums because of the numerous spam messages that were submitted over the last few months.

Because we do not have the required staff to remove these messages one by one and also because of the low number of "real" posts on the forums over the last couple of months, we decided to close down the forums.

We apologize for the inconvenience this might have caused for active forum users!

why make a blog update if they dont need one?
Progz

Re: Warez P2P dead?

Postby ToM » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:48 am

Warez Community Forums Closed...

We had to close our community forums because of the numerous spam messages that were submitted over the last few months.

Because we do not have the required staff to remove these messages one by one and also because of the low number of "real" posts on the forums over the last couple of months, we decided to close down the forums.

We apologize for the inconvenience this might have caused for active forum users!

I'd have modded their forums for £20/hour. I seem to remember they had a lot of apparent money to throw around a few years ago, or was it just threats? Hell, I forget, and can't remember what happened or why - but I figure I should say 'good riddance' anyway.
Pirate.
ToM
©

Return to Ares/Warez P2P