Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Ares file size for upload

Discussion about the Ares/Warez P2P program
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Ares file size for upload

Postby Gemolo » Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:45 pm

My story is wordy. I hope you will bear with me. I have only joined Ares a month or so ago and already I am labelled a leech. I have downloaded many movies. At first I left the movies in My share Folder but one day I noticed that when sharers were trying to upload from me, there was a problem. In the lower part of the Transfer window, I could see that someone was trying to download/upload a movie that is about 1+Gig. The size indicated on the window was less than 10000KBs. As I watched, when they reached 98 or 99% of completion, the size would increase by a few thousands and again and again. The person at the other end thought they were nearing completion when in fact they were 1 hour or more from completion. Finally, they cancelled the request sometimes mere minutes before the actual completion. I know how I would have felt had it been me at the other end. So I decided, to remove all my downloads from My Shared Folder, until I could find a resolution to this problem. Not only was this situation frustrating for others but it also used my allocated bandwith.
2 days ago I found out I was a leech. Each time I try to select more than one movie to download, I get the nice little notation "leech paused".
How can I make the transfer window show the correct size of the file?
Can someone help me with this problem?
Thank you
Gemolo
Gemolo

Postby Fartingbob » Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:40 am

The person often will not download the whole movie from you if their are multiple sources, they will download chunks of it. So they know how much they have downloaded and how big the whole file is, but the way ares works is they grab a piece, then when thats finished it grabs a second piece etc etc until done. So theres no problem there, it just doesnt display the total file size in the upload section for you, just how much that user is trying to dowload. They start a new piece, the amount they are trying to download is updated.
Fartingbob
P2P Trafficker

Return to Ares/Warez P2P