Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Connection Dropped During Ares use

Discussion about the Ares/Warez P2P program
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Connection Dropped During Ares use

Postby Tudyfruity » Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:44 pm

Everytime i use ares, the connection drops after about 2 minutes, it then reconnects and drops again. When ares is not on, everything is perfect. I can use limewire, azureus and everything with no problem. Please help!

Thx alot.
Tudyfruity

Postby abou105 » Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:52 pm

i see noone has posted so im going to post. personaly i havent seen this problem, but try, and just try, not using ur firewall and connecting to see if it changes anything.

Try changing your port
try certain files which have high amount of users

if not id have to say i get a drop off with soem fiels but not all, just stick to other networks, ive found p2p to be much of a muchness recently anyway :wink:
abou105

The same here.

Postby sebas » Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:12 pm

I have exactly the same problem.. After two minutes my connection just drops and in order to get it back I need to restart the router. Any solutions? please...
sebas

Postby LANjackal » Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:38 pm

Same problem here too. Connection restored only by exiting Ares or killing the process from Task Manager.
Follow me around the internet!
[Windows 7 Pro x64 (Primary OS)
LANjackal

Location: Various networks. In the physical world I'm an adaptive AI that pretends to be human

Postby eyelevel » Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:27 pm

Have the exact same problem. Ares kills my connection after about 2 mins. I cant open a webpage but instant messaging clients stay connected. When I switched to Vista the problem was cured. But I had to switch back to XP because of driver issues and now the problem is back.

Ive been complaining about this on the forums for a while. This is the first time Ive seen others with the same problem.
eyelevel

Postby ejonesss » Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:48 pm

i had the same problem with bit torrent in the spring of 2006.

i went through having the cable co replace all the cable leading to the house and through 3 cable modems and finally it took to turn up the signal about 3 to 6 db.

it turns out the signal was too weak.
ejonesss

Postby Dazzle » Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:54 pm

Its normally the other way around, on our help site for another network, we have been seeing vista users being cut off after 2 minutes and XP working fine, no definitive answers yet to this mystery.
Dazzle

Return to Ares/Warez P2P