Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Piolet Ads?

Discuss the clients (Piolet, Blubster, RockItNet) that connect to the Manolito P2P network.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Piolet Ads?

Postby CrazyGuy000 » Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:24 pm

I am trying to download Piolet but can only find downloads from Piolet.com and it takes me to download.com. When I look down it says that Piolet has adware installed on it. I am trying to get Piolet because Slyck says thats the only one without ads/spyware. Both RockItNet and Blubster have ads/spyware according to Slyck guides. Is there a site where I can get a version of Piolet without ads?
CrazyGuy000

Postby MarkB » Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:37 am

Piolet comes with optional spyware. Once the installation begins, you can uncheck the adware software. And even though it is a small installer, you must remain online for it to download the whole software onto your computer.

Blubster on the other hand does come with spyware that is not optional. However, there are clean versions available.

Both versions haven't been updated for two years, but is still a reliable source for music.
MarkB

Postby MKrmec » Mon May 16, 2005 4:17 am

Piolet has a beta version download that and you'll get even better speeds and quality.

http://www.piolet.com/download/pub/_beta183_/
MKrmec

Return to Manolito P2P (MP2P)