Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Cannot connect (what settings do i need)?

Discuss the clients (Piolet, Blubster, RockItNet) that connect to the Manolito P2P network.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Cannot connect (what settings do i need)?

Postby GuitarGod » Sat May 20, 2006 8:14 am

Hey,

I am using Manolito on a BT BroadBand router with an ASDL cable through a micro-filter.

Can anyone tell me what settings i need on Manolito (I.E Port, Connection Type, etc) .. i just can't seem to connect.

Any help appreciated :D
GuitarGod

Re: Cannot connect (what settings do i need)?

Postby P2P_G » Sun May 21, 2006 12:07 pm

GuitarGod wrote:Hey,

I am using Manolito on a BT BroadBand router with an ASDL cable through a micro-filter.

Can anyone tell me what settings i need on Manolito (I.E Port, Connection Type, etc) .. i just can't seem to connect.

Any help appreciated :D

If you have Windows Firewall on then dissable it! and try a better firewall like ZoneAlarm!
And i dont know more..
Piracy Will Never Die.
P2P_G

Postby MrFredPFL » Sun May 21, 2006 12:13 pm

from my personal experience, and discussions with countless other people during the last several years, it is my opinion that:

(not counting the builtin XP firewall)...

more people have problems using Zone Alarm for peer 2 peer than with all other firewalls combined. use any other firewall besides XP or ZA, and odds are you'll be better off.
MrFredPFL

Postby P2P_G » Sun May 21, 2006 12:34 pm

MrFredPFL wrote:from my personal experience, and discussions with countless other people during the last several years, it is my opinion that:

(not counting the builtin XP firewall)...

more people have problems using Zone Alarm for peer 2 peer than with all other firewalls combined. use any other firewall besides XP or ZA, and odds are you'll be better off.

Lol, when i used windows firewall i couldn't connect to any p2p-app. I have ZoneAlarm on medium security and all p2p connects!
Piracy Will Never Die.
P2P_G

Return to Manolito P2P (MP2P)