Slyck.com

Slyck Chatbox - And More

Blubster and Piolet is back! :D

Discuss the clients (Piolet, Blubster, RockItNet) that connect to the Manolito P2P network.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Blubster and Piolet is back! :D

Postby P2P_G » Fri May 19, 2006 2:20 pm

Look at Piolets and Blubsters homesites! Blubster v2.60e is out and Piolet 1.9 is out too!! The mp2p network and clients are not dead! The mp2p clients does not have any spyware or adware (only rockitnet and its dead :)! I have tryed the new Blubster and Piolet they are like manolito, only changed icones and stuff like that! As i said before, long live mp2p :wink:

http://www.blubster.com

http://www.piolet.com

http://www.manolito.com
Piracy Will Never Die.
P2P_G

Postby Trev0r269 » Fri May 19, 2006 5:32 pm

I know you've downloaded and tried out all of them by now, and I'm sure you'll say they are all awesome. You'll have to be descriptive in which is "more awesome". :lol:

Click the "Learn More" link on Blubster and Piolet pages. Recycle a client, some websites, etc.
Trev0r269

Postby Fartingbob » Fri May 19, 2006 5:45 pm

And what makes them awesome exactly? the new manolito client is hardly impressive IMO. a throwback to the kazaa era in appearence at least. And if these are exactly the same put with different icons and layouts, why should i change from the networks and clients i use now?
Fartingbob
P2P Trafficker

Postby TcE » Fri May 19, 2006 6:12 pm

ya these clients are a joke lol
TcE

Postby blargh » Fri May 19, 2006 6:31 pm

either this guy is one hell of a fanboy (I mean, he makes µTorrent fanboys seem lazy) or he's a shill..... not quite sure which of them is the least flattering one hehehehehe :D

And I'll rehash my opinion of kazaa like programs like these: it's only for those moronic enough to actually not use anything newer.
blargh

Postby Allied » Fri May 19, 2006 6:45 pm

Alright, you asked for it.

1st, these 3 programs are the same thing.
http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/46/sss1do.jpg

They all come with a version of MySearch. That's Spyware, but you can opt out.

They all claim to ba anonymous,
http://img481.imageshack.us/img481/52/aa5ry.jpg
That is a lie, or at least an arrogant exaggeration. UDP is not anonymous, it's just harder to trace than TCP.

They all include an adbanner,
http://img489.imageshack.us/img489/7286/bb2rv.jpg
This adbanner is powered by FastClick code.
http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/8273/ps7yp.jpg

So adware is present, however they're not very honest about it.
http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/8458/banners9dx.jpg

Manolito, Pablo, Optisoft are communicating a message. Manolito is alive. Having 3 identical clients is stupid and pointless. Claiming they have no adware, no spyware and a anonymous network is annoying.
Therefore, it's a Stupid, Pointless, Annoying Message.

Of course any program in theory could over come these kinda handicaps if it had enough users. But as soon as MP2P starts to grow, it'll be shutdown.
Manolito.com is hosted in California. Think hosting a P2P app from America is a good idea? Grokster and BearShare would beg to differ.

blargh wrote:(I mean, he makes µTorrent fanboys seem lazy)

lol
Last edited by Allied on Fri May 19, 2006 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Allied's Review:
Recommended: LimeWire | Ares | Shareaza | eMule | KCeasy
Not Recommended: Morpheus | Kazaa | eDonkey2000 | Manolito | iMesh
Allied
Mostly Harmless

Location: Behind You Shoe Size: 11.008 BitTorrent: µTorrent Nationality: Canuckian Newsgroups: GrabIt

Postby Anonymous » Fri May 19, 2006 7:10 pm

Can some one please ban P2P_G
its more of a scam really
Anonymous

Postby blargh » Fri May 19, 2006 8:00 pm

jeeze, I was only kidding with the shill comment people... :O
blargh

Postby Chewyfood » Fri May 19, 2006 8:51 pm

P2P_G is fine...quit hounding him.

This is the best network for MUSIC...repeat: MUSIC.

It has 250,000+ people just sharing music.

Allied: I wouldn't expect much less. All three clients are made by Pablo Soto himself. There is no surprise that they look the same. Even these "new" versions which are all based off of ManolitoP2P with the ad bar, look the same.
If you looked at verison 2.50 of Blubster, version 1.8.3 of Piolet and, dare I say, version 1.0 of RockItNet, they all look the same. They were all built off of the same code base.

The only difference between version 2.5 and 2.6 of Blubster, 1.8.3 and 1.9.0 of Piolet is that they have been "updated" to have the same code base as Manolito. Ad bar, limited downloads (or so they say), etc.

For the past couple of weeks Piolet.com and Blubster.com have been redirecting to Manolitop2p.com. My guess was that it was temporary as he was building Blubster and Piolet flavored clients of manolitop2p. I think Pablo was right in doing this since there will be people who still want the "Piolet" or "Blubster" name.

Regardless of which software you choose, Piolet 1.9, Blubster 2.6, or ManolitoP2P 1.0.9, you will be getting the exact same client because thats what you should be expecting to get. Its just about putting a different name on the same product. I dont think people will dislike that since there will be no major changes in the interface from the previous version of that named software.

No one is forcing you to use these "new" versions. The old versions of the software which are devoid of such crap like MySearch and FastClick still work perfectly fine with the network.
Piolet 1.0.5 works
Piolet 1.8.3 works
Blubster 1.2.3 works
Blubster 2.5.0 works (I suggest the cleaned version)
RockItNet 1.0.1 works (this was full of spyware, I suggest no one look for it. The website is dead anyway).

They are all the same.
Pablo only wants you to use these "new" clients to make some fast cash. $20? Yeah...right. These older clients work just fine and dont "limit" my searches or download speeds to my knowledge.
Chewyfood

Postby Chewyfood » Fri May 19, 2006 9:07 pm

Something is really fishy here...

Take a look at this comparison of the Manolito features on their download page and the WarezP2P features on their download page.

http://www.manolito.com/download.html
http://download.warezclient.com/

Manolito: No Spyware. No Adware
WarezP2P: No Spyware

Manolito: Fully Integrated Media Player; Fully Integrated Playlist Manager
WarezP2P: Fully integrated media player, web browser and playlist manager

Manolito: Buddy List, Chat and Voice Chat
WarezP2P: Integrated chat and support forum

Manolito: High-Speed Downloads From Multiple Nodes
WarezP2P: High-Speed Multi-source swarmed downloads from multiple node

Manolito: Smart New Interface
WarezP2P: Modern looking, user friendly program interface

Manolito: No Banners Or Pop-Up Ads
WarezP2P: No Banners or Pop-Up Ads

Manolito: Built In CD-Burner Plugin
WarezP2P: Built in CD-Burning Plugin

Manolito: Better Search Results (Deeper Network Lookup)
WarezP2P: More supernode connects resulting in many more search results

Manolito: Supercharged Downloads (Unlimited Slots)
WarezP2P: Faster downloads with increased queue priority

Manolito: FREE Upgrades For One Year
WarezP2P: FREE upgrades for PRO for 1 year!

And they all have the same checked/YES'd boxes and both are $19.95 for a year...quite suspicious.
Chewyfood

Postby OmegaGreg » Fri May 19, 2006 9:52 pm

Chewyfood wrote:And they all have the same checked/YES'd boxes and both are $19.95 for a year...quite suspicious.

Allot of scammers can do this with any P2P app.

Allied, your posted was excelent and just owned P2P_G. Good Work.
OmegaGreg

Postby P2P_G » Sat May 20, 2006 5:35 am

haha LOL, Piolet, Blubster and Manolito do not have any spyware or adware and they do not have MySearch! Soo LimeWire is a scam?! Haha. They need money! They are more secure than other p2p software, they use UDP. Its not a scam. This program kicks many other program's ass 8) And if you don't want the ONE pop-up then use Piolet 1.8.3. There aren't so many fakes that there are on limewire and FT. Yeah think if you needed to pay 20$ to download the software? they do not force you to download the pro version, they are just like limewire and many others program: BearShare, Kazaa, Limewire, Warez... soo you think that limewire and bearshare are scam's?

Im NOT spaming, i just said that the mp2p aren't dead that there are new version out. Many are makeing me angry :@

Tanx.
Piracy Will Never Die.
P2P_G

Postby P2P_G » Sat May 20, 2006 5:45 am

LinkS wrote:Can some one please ban P2P_G
its more of a scam really

haha why ban me? i do not spam ;) so slyck going to ban Allied to?

Allied's Review:
Recommended: LimeWire | Ares | Shareaza
Not Recommended: Morpheus | Kazaa | eDonkey2000
Piracy Will Never Die.
P2P_G

Postby Assyrian » Sat May 20, 2006 6:22 am

LinkS wrote:Can some one please ban P2P_G

You wish.
away.
Assyrian
The King

Postby Allied » Sat May 20, 2006 11:53 am

P2P_G wrote:haha LOL, Piolet, Blubster and Manolito do not have any spyware or adware and they do not have MySearch!

Yes, they do have mysearch which is spyware and yes they have adware powered by FastClick. Can you read?
Allied's Review:
Allied
Mostly Harmless

Location: Behind You Shoe Size: 11.008 BitTorrent: µTorrent Nationality: Canuckian Newsgroups: GrabIt

Postby Fartingbob » Sat May 20, 2006 12:34 pm

His dedication has blinded him obviously.
P2PG, you cannot deny that they have adware when confronted with allied's evidence, which anybody else could also get if they so wanted.
They are not anonymous as they claim to be, so thats just a plain faced lie as well.
Fartingbob
P2P Trafficker

Postby SharedHolder » Sat May 20, 2006 1:15 pm

Cool, the new Piolet (the old same thing) it comes with a toolbar now:

http://www.piolet-toolbar.com/about/

The old same Piolet is now ''plus'' and ''free'' edition. Bad , i was a mp2p fan too but the new MP2P looks like a scam for me. Pablo is going in the wrong direction.

SharedHolder

Postby P2P_G » Sat May 20, 2006 2:48 pm

For the first, this adware isn't dangurous(1/10) And for the second you do not need to install it!
Piracy Will Never Die.
P2P_G

Postby Allied » Sat May 20, 2006 3:01 pm

P2P_G wrote:For the first, this adware isn't dangurous(1/10) And for the second you do not need to install it!

"adware isn't dangurous" :?
Water's wet, Birds go tweet and Assy's gay.

Adware by definition isn't dangerous. If it was, it'd be malware or spyware(like their mysearch bar).

Adware is proof that the developers are in it for the money. Just like Morpheus or eXeem or TrustyFiles or Warez or any of the other for profit P2P programs.

Making money off filesharing is wrong. The whole idea behind sharing is the free exchange of information and ideas.

And yes you are forced to install the adware. The only way I was able to get past it was because Spybot Search and destroy recognized the FastClick code as adware and was able to stop it from working.
Allied's Review:
Allied
Mostly Harmless

Postby TcE » Sat May 20, 2006 3:34 pm

its time for this mp2p crap to stop the programes are riaa infested there junk i would rather buy cds than use this junk its time for slyck to shut down p2p_g or the riaa these mp2p threads are pointless
TcE

Postby LaX » Sun May 21, 2006 12:53 am

Allied wrote:Water's wet, Birds go tweet and Assy's gay.

lol...
LaX

Postby P2P_G » Sun May 21, 2006 7:05 am

Allied wrote:
P2P_G wrote:For the first, this adware isn't dangurous(1/10) And for the second you do not need to install it!

"adware isn't dangurous" :?
Water's wet, Birds go tweet and Assy's gay.

Adware by definition isn't dangerous. If it was, it'd be malware or spyware(like their mysearch bar).

Adware is proof that the developers are in it for the money. Just like Morpheus or eXeem or TrustyFiles or Warez or any of the other for profit P2P programs.

Making money off filesharing is wrong. The whole idea behind sharing is the free exchange of information and ideas.

And yes you are forced to install the adware. The only way I was able to get past it was because Spybot Search and destroy recognized the FastClick code as adware and was able to stop it from working.

No you do NOT need to install the f**king mysearch! i have tryed it on Piolet, blubster and Manolito! i did a scan with Spybot S&D and x-cleaner no adware found!
Piracy Will Never Die.
P2P_G

Postby XICO2KX » Sun May 21, 2006 7:41 am

Will there be a Clean Blubster v2.60e? :D
XICO2KX

Postby Vampmon » Sun May 21, 2006 8:23 am

Would have been nice if they could have come up with something different.

Allied is right too, any company who charges for a Pro version such as LimeWire, BearShare are in it just for the money, nothing else ...
http://forum.p2pchat.net << Click, Register, Post!
Vampmon

Postby P2P_G » Sun May 21, 2006 8:36 am

XICO2KX wrote:Will there be a Clean Blubster v2.60e? :D

Blubster v2.60e is clean if you chose to NOT install the search bar! I just tryed it again and it was clean!
Piracy Will Never Die.
P2P_G

Next

Return to Manolito P2P (MP2P)