Slyck.com
 
Slyck Chatbox - And More

Blubster safe?

Discuss the clients (Piolet, Blubster, RockItNet) that connect to the Manolito P2P network.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Slyck Forum Rules

Blubster safe?

Postby drewey » Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:20 pm

Piolet didnt connect so im thinking about trying the clean blubster.

On the guides on this sites though blubster got a really poor rating, and it said its infested with spyware/adware.

Is it worth downloading?
"Losers think sacrifice is a punishment, not a necesity."
drewey
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:00 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Postby Skel » Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:58 pm

Just use limewire/Frostire or Bit Torrent. Anything named Blubster cannot be good.
The Few The proud the Filetopians
http://www.filetopia.com
[Avatar removed - please resize to be 100px wide max]
Image removed - No graphics in sigs please! - HC
Forum Rules
Skel
 
Posts: 264
Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2004 8:19 am

Postby LaX » Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:44 am

If you really want to use Blubster, then check out P2P G's sig. He has a link to blubster lite.
User avatar
LaX
 
Posts: 6551
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:02 am
Location: One of the multiverses you're not in

Postby drewey » Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:58 am

LaX wrote:If you really want to use Blubster, then check out P2P G's sig. He has a link to blubster lite.


I actually downloaded Piolet again and its connecting this time.

I dont remember there being any ads on it last time i downloaded it though, did i do something wrong?
"Losers think sacrifice is a punishment, not a necesity."
drewey
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:00 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Postby P2P_G » Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:58 pm

drewey wrote:
LaX wrote:If you really want to use Blubster, then check out P2P G's sig. He has a link to blubster lite.


I actually downloaded Piolet again and its connecting this time.

I dont remember there being any ads on it last time i downloaded it though, did i do something wrong?


Why dont you try Blubster Lite? :) No spyware no adware and no ads ;) Or try Piolet Beta also clean ;)
Piracy Will Never Die.
User avatar
P2P_G
 
Posts: 2783
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:27 pm

Postby Crazy Horse » Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:12 am

We hooked up our old computer and it has Piolet on it. I went to add/remove and there seems to be no way to uninstall. Any suggestions???
BTW we are running XP..if that make's a difference.
We Are All Related
Crazy Horse
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2002 12:35 pm
Location: Northern California

Postby P2P_G » Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:20 pm

Crazy Horse wrote:We hooked up our old computer and it has Piolet on it. I went to add/remove and there seems to be no way to uninstall. Any suggestions???
BTW we are running XP..if that make's a difference.

Why do you wanna uninstall Piolet? :'(
Piracy Will Never Die.
User avatar
P2P_G
 
Posts: 2783
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:27 pm

Postby Crazy Horse » Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:17 am

Prior problems, never use it really, just want it off. We had a particularly nasty virus on the old puter and we finally cleaned it out. Now we want to get the rest of the stuff we are not using and un needed clutter cleaned up too before a clean reformat. Nothing personal....really. :)
We Are All Related
Crazy Horse
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2002 12:35 pm
Location: Northern California

Postby LaX » Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:10 am

Why clean up your pc when you are planning to reformat it?
User avatar
LaX
 
Posts: 6551
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:02 am
Location: One of the multiverses you're not in

Postby drewey » Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:19 am

P2P_G wrote:
Crazy Horse wrote:We hooked up our old computer and it has Piolet on it. I went to add/remove and there seems to be no way to uninstall. Any suggestions???
BTW we are running XP..if that make's a difference.

Why do you wanna uninstall Piolet? :'(



hey dude, when i download blubster lite from your signiture, it doesn't work?

where else can i download the lite one from?
"Losers think sacrifice is a punishment, not a necesity."
drewey
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:00 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Postby P2P_G » Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:50 am

drewey wrote:
P2P_G wrote:
Crazy Horse wrote:We hooked up our old computer and it has Piolet on it. I went to add/remove and there seems to be no way to uninstall. Any suggestions???
BTW we are running XP..if that make's a difference.

Why do you wanna uninstall Piolet? :'(



hey dude, when i download blubster lite from your signiture, it doesn't work?

where else can i download the lite one from?


Why doesn't it work?? try piolet maby it will work: http://www.piolet.com or search 4 Piolet beta on google then download it ;)
Piracy Will Never Die.
User avatar
P2P_G
 
Posts: 2783
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:27 pm

Postby nms04 » Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:01 am

blubster was cool when it's old community (from what i can remember blubster.net) was active :) now i would recommend you soulseek, it's more than perfect for music files!
.
User avatar
nms04
 
Posts: 354
Joined: Thu May 27, 2004 10:37 am
Location: Nowhere

Postby Crazy Horse » Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:19 pm

LaX wrote:Why clean up your pc when you are planning to reformat it?

The learning experience is the only thing I can say. This is the best time to mess around, figure things out, experiment, make mistakes ... you know ..cuz it's all getting wiped anyways. Know what I mean? :wink:

My original question still has not been answered. It seems to me the earlier versions had a uninstaller. When we wiped the virus we wiped old programs but Piolet kept coming up when we restart the puter.

It all really doesn't matter now as we have reformatted. The question now is rhetorical - I wonder why they (Pablo) never put an uninstaller in the program.
We Are All Related
Crazy Horse
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2002 12:35 pm
Location: Northern California


Return to Manolito P2P (MP2P)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

© 2001-2008 Slyck.com